Marijuana Alternative, K-2, Attracts Lawmakers' Attention

Nov 16, 2009 Read more: Fox4KC 53
A marijuana alternative that looks and works like the real thing, and is legal, is catching the attention of Kansas lawmakers. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mizz goodie

Basehor, KS

#1 Nov 16, 2009
thats nice now dat im 18 i can purchase it...
benjamin

Hanover, PA

#2 Nov 16, 2009
When will we learn, banning substances does not help in reducing the demand or supply of said substance. I do think someone should study this K-2 and find out what it is exactly. However if it were not for the ridiculous laws banning cannabis this would have never been created! Whatever long term health effects this product may or may not have it is OUR fault for letting the prohibition of marijuana live on for the past 70 years. Tell your congressmen to do what is best for the millions of cannabis users and legalize this useful plant.
kansas marijuana movement

Mission, KS

#3 Nov 16, 2009
I know what some of you are thinking who is she and how is she gonna ban anything she knows nothing about. Another typical politician doing something on her own without a vote. Since when did the people of KANSAS say to the people WE elected to do our bidding to make these laws to ban things they know nothing of. I am working to legalize marijuana in Kansas for legitate medical users. However to the people who agree i want to hear from you on this send emails to kansasmarijuanamovement@yahoo. com for your questions comments anything we can help support word of mouth is key. Help me help Citizens of this great state start using our political power in ways that benefit people not take away and Peggy Mast you dont kno shit shot me an email i can give you the details on your oh so harmful substance K-2 i know more about it than anyone i know everything there is to know. i can assure adn provide resources for you to better understadn the product adn who makes it and then you can say oh my bad and go back to your office Anyone feel free to shot me an email.
kansasmarijuanamovement@yahoo. com
TYC

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Nov 16, 2009
You realize that prohibition only places a large 'here it is' sign for kids. Look at cannabis prohibition. You couldn't get more people using cannabis if you made it mandatory. When will you prohibitionist ever learn? Prohibition doesn't make anything go away. In some cases, it only makes the problem worse. Geez, get a grip!
dennis

United States

#5 Nov 16, 2009
Leave it alone its taxed and legal a alternative to alcohol thats over abused by all society.
jhon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#6 Nov 16, 2009
where is this place
jhon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#7 Nov 16, 2009
mizz goodie wrote:
thats nice now dat im 18 i can purchase it...
hey where is this store
BCBud

Prince George, Canada

#8 Nov 16, 2009
Hmmmm. K2 is synthetic? Users "claim" the same stone as pot but K2 is identical except for THC? I wonder if K2 smells anything like the BS that this editorial stinks of?
politicans fail history

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Nov 16, 2009
When will they realize that there will always be demand for people to want to alter their consciousness? They might do it by drinking a cup of coffee, going to church, drinking a beer or two, or smoking marijuana. The demand will always be there. Either you provide safer alternatives or you ban them and help spawn the black market and use of more dangerous substances. Now we have kids huffing chemicals, drinking cough syrup, smoking synthetic herbs that haven't been studied. Or you have kids driving into very dangerous inner city neighborhoods where they could easily be mugged, shot by stray bullets or even kidnapped. Why are the people that lead so often the people that don't think twice? Measure twice, cut once. Our politicians having been measuring once and cutting for the past 35+ years since Nixon's drug war. We are paying enormous amounts of money that could go towards our infrastructure, the poor and cultural projects.
jamac

Kansas City, MO

#10 Nov 17, 2009
leteveryonegethighthatswhatisa y
JAH

Kansas City, MO

#11 Nov 17, 2009
Where is this place? Why it is in Lawrence Ks, 11th Mass. Google it.......Pot should be legalized, Hum isn't the goverment looking for more $$ sell it tax it. Will give goverment $$$(a Lot I bet) and put dealers out of business.
And for those who reply uh you cant spell, you dont have a education. Well ya know those educated folks sure are looking for work now adays whereas
those uneducated non spellin folks still have jobs because they get paid less... The Educated ones are lying about their skills just to get jobs.
jerry

Overland Park, KS

#12 Nov 18, 2009
"I don't think the public should have ready access to anything that has not been studied," Mast said.

Why? We KNOW the effects of tobacco and alcohol, yet its perfectly legal. And Alcohol has commercials on prime time TV. I just don't believe any politician when they say "I'm really concerned about the public safety" They just can't tax K-2 like tobacco, so they're all butt hurt on not getting any extra tax income of it.
Jessica

Kansas City, MO

#13 Nov 18, 2009
K2 is sold at Sacred Journey and the address is 1103 Massachusetts St, Lawrence, KS‎. Just make sure you are 18, or they won't sell it to you. I'm actually headed to Lawrence today to pick some up myself. Hopefully it's as good as they say. i'm just excited about it not making you test positive on panel tests.
I wish they would just legalize marijuana so that this doesn't have to happen.. and I wish that Mast would just STFU. She doesn't know what she's talking about. People jump on weed because they've probably never done it themselves, so they think the effects are way worse than what they are. people can drive drunk, and destroy their livers by drinking alcohol, or get lung cancer from smoking cigarettes, but its all legal. Why can't weed be legal too? It takes all my stomach aches, headaches, body aches away.. plus it's nice to wind down at the end of a long day at work. They'll learn...one day... I just hope I'm around when the government gets their acts together. cause even if they tax it once it's legal, people will STILL buy it. They just need to realize that. Plus it will help replinish our government's debt.
blake

Lawrence, KS

#14 Nov 21, 2009
My experience's with K2 has been great so far. Since finding out about this great substitute of marijuana I am now able to relax again after a f'd up day at work. I tell you what when you have a bad day at work the last thing you need is to go home and drink and fuel the fire, but a couple of tokes and you can look back on your day and say if thats all that happened it wasn't a bad day. I get so annoyed with people saying pot is bad its illegal, as they chug down their sixth beer. Its unfortunate that people are so stupid as to think that pot or K2 is any worse then alcohol and cigarettes.
DirtyPaw

Basehor, KS

#15 Dec 2, 2009
Jessica wrote:
K2 is sold at Sacred Journey and the address is 1103 Massachusetts St, Lawrence, KS‎. Just make sure you are 18, or they won't sell it to you. I'm actually headed to Lawrence today to pick some up myself. Hopefully it's as good as they say. i'm just excited about it not making you test positive on panel tests.
I wish they would just legalize marijuana so that this doesn't have to happen.. and I wish that Mast would just STFU. She doesn't know what she's talking about. People jump on weed because they've probably never done it themselves, so they think the effects are way worse than what they are. people can drive drunk, and destroy their livers by drinking alcohol, or get lung cancer from smoking cigarettes, but its all legal. Why can't weed be legal too? It takes all my stomach aches, headaches, body aches away.. plus it's nice to wind down at the end of a long day at work. They'll learn...one day... I just hope I'm around when the government gets their acts together. cause even if they tax it once it's legal, people will STILL buy it. They just need to realize that. Plus it will help replinish our government's debt.
There is no reason for pot not to be legal. It is my opinion that it is not due to the alcohol lobbyists. Can you imagine the dive alcohol company stocks would have if tomorrow pot was legal?
Jessica

Blue Springs, MO

#16 Dec 2, 2009
Oh yeah, they would go wayyyyyyy downhill. Blake, I definitely agree about pot not being nearly as harmful as alcohol or cigarettes. I smoke cigarettes, but I don't like to drink that often. I prefer to smoke because then I can actually remember what happened the night before, I don't have to worry about throwing up from smoking too much, and I don't have a hangover the next day. Plus, drinking doesn't help take pain away.
It's just stupid that they won't do this. All the signs point to pot being safer than the effects of alcohol or cigarettes.
janisjoplin

Sedalia, MO

#17 Jan 29, 2010
As an avid smoker, when I first heard of K2, I was thrilled. I have been waiting for this day. The day when I can cut out those creepy middlemen... who can actually say that buying is a comfortable experience? It's always awkward and weird. I have to pretend like these guys are my friends, friends that I am completely terrified of. So K2 was a dream. After the first bowl I was shocked that it actually felt like a marijuna high. But after researching this golden pot at the end of a long, long rainbow, known to chemists as JWH-018, my heart sank. My relationship with pot is more than just the head, it's herbal. K2 contains a synthetic chemical whose long term effects are unknown. I've decided to go back to those stressful, awkward hookups and keep waiting for the government to realize how much legalizing it will stimulate the economy.(Take Mendocino County is California to example...) My point is it's dangerous to consume something you don't understand. Your body is your temple. I know pot isn't exactly awesome for my lungs but at least I know all the longterm effects. I'm gonna gain weight as I get older and be a little lazier than I already am, but atleast I won't be deformed (yeah that was meant to be dramatic). So all my other bud-loving friends, we need to come together and protest for the all natural.
David Crosby

Emporia, KS

#18 Feb 1, 2010
Yeah pot is .......... what?......... and I'm fine .......... when get .......... blurp ........ no job .......... can't flip .......... legal .......... dr ..... ink
Frank Zappa

Emporia, KS

#19 Feb 2, 2010
Frog spock under carriage nail front instead water dinner bubble nest mud cage fanny pack up the truck and move to Beverly.
The Lizard King

Emporia, KS

#20 Feb 5, 2010
Weed is green and so am I because I am The Lizard King I can do anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emporia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just a Kid from Emporia Apr 1 ybn 1
Laura Weeks and the Judge and dirty politics (Jan '13) Feb '15 ticked off 6
News William Allen White: 'Famous for his fights' (Sep '14) Feb '15 oh4theluvof 2
david Rutledge (Mar '14) Jan '15 common sense 2
Review: Dave's Discount Dry Cleaning Dec '14 Username 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Emporia, KS (Dec '10) Oct '14 Brian_G 27
Hong Kong protesters meet w/ tear gas & riot ge... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Brealor Bgone Witcha 1
More from around the web

Emporia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]