ESU to launch campus fire safety program

Nov 21, 2011 Full story: KSNT-TV Topeka

Emporia State University and the Emporia Fire Department are partnering up in an effort to increase fire safety awareness among college students.

Full Story
citizen

Gaylord, MN

#1 Nov 24, 2011
Once again, the slum owners who prey off of the foreign students, expecially the chinese, are awarded a pass. Some of these slimey owners will take advantage of them, renting their crappy places, that have NO insurance on them, never spend a dime on the rentals, with winter coming on, the pipes will freeze windows have missing storm windows, if they actually have storm windows. And the students have to use heaters to keep warm. IT is just a matter of time till another house burns to the ground, with students inside, no insurance, oh well who cares.
baffled and ballistic

Ashburn, VA

#2 Nov 24, 2011
I once watched, as after a stressful and lengthy time span, the emergency, tax-payer subsidized group of guys finally appeared. Only after having witnessing them pick this lady up as a sack of potatoes, (after all potatoes are not even as cheap as they threw this woman's 70 or 80 year old lifeless body to the floor and the stretcher), I also witnessed them grab her purse, dollars strewn about as she had her purse with her. I wonder how many of those 'dollars' ever made it to the emergency room or her survivors. Emporia's health care sucks, and until the populace demands accountability, expect the same pilfering should you choose Emporia to have your stroke, heart attack, epileptic or diabetic seizure. At least plan to die with no valuables in your proximity. Till then, at least go to the fire station for a free blood pressure testing, so you can at least familiarize yourself in life with those who may be picking your pockets clean in death. Cameras are on some cop cars but not on the least vulnerable among us. If you can't trust a cop without video, why would you think you could trust a junior college EMS candidate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emporia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Emporia, KS (Dec '10) Oct 17 Brian_G 27
Hong Kong protesters meet w/ tear gas & riot ge... Sep 29 Brealor Bgone Witcha 1
William Allen White: 'Famous for his fights' Sep 29 Brealor Bgone Witcha 1
Council Grove, KS Sep '14 word2thewise 1
Don't Let Kansas Be... "That State" Sep '14 John Robinson 1
lyon co jail Sep '14 already licensed 1
Theft (Oct '07) May '14 Marge Jennings 18
Emporia Dating
Find my Match

Emporia Jobs

Emporia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Emporia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Emporia