The Slippery Slope: You Were Warned

Posted in the Emporia Forum

“Why is this so difficult?”

Since: Dec 09

timbuktu

#1 Jan 13, 2013
I forget. How many years did it take for the precedent set by the indoor smoking bans in private businesses to become medical coverage demands on private businesses regardless of protected religious preferences?

Under ten?

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

“Why is this so difficult?”

Since: Dec 09

timbuktu

#2 Jan 17, 2013
This was a post from one of my liberal but Christian friends recently: "Amazing to me that the government can actually tell Christian based companies that they have to provide medical coverage including treatments in direct opposition to their religious beliefs. I guess I would think that if you want that type of health coverage, don't work for a Christian based company. Easy fix."
What amazes me is that this person fully supported the smoking ban and refused to apply the same, "if you want that type of health coverage, don't work (there)" logic to employees and customers in a smoking allowed business.
Phenomenal!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emporia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just a Kid from Emporia Apr '15 ybn 1
Laura Weeks and the Judge and dirty politics (Jan '13) Feb '15 ticked off 6
News William Allen White: 'Famous for his fights' (Sep '14) Feb '15 oh4theluvof 2
david Rutledge (Mar '14) Jan '15 common sense 2
Review: Dave's Discount Dry Cleaning Dec '14 Username 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Emporia, KS (Dec '10) Oct '14 Brian_G 27
Hong Kong protesters meet w/ tear gas & riot ge... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Brealor Bgone Witcha 1
More from around the web

Emporia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]