meeting to look at potential train depot

meeting to look at potential train depot

Posted in the Emporia Forum

“Why is this so difficult?”

Since: Dec 09

#1 Sep 27, 2011
By Chuck Samples/KVOE News
Posted Sept. 26, 2011

Folks interested in bringing an Amtrak stop to Emporia are invited to a special meeting at First Congregational Church on Tuesday night.

This effort would make way for a stop along the current Southwest Chief, which does not stop on its way to terminals in Chicago and Los Angeles, and is different from an effort already underway to bring the proposed Northern Flyer to Emporia on a route from Kansas City to Ft. Worth, Texas.

Since Emporia's depot burned down in 1999, Amtrak ridership has increased at the same time gas has gone up past $3.50 a gallon at times over the last five years.

The meeting begins at 7 p.m. and is open to the public.

“Why is this so difficult?”

Since: Dec 09

#2 Sep 27, 2011
I wonder who conducted the meeting and who I should email to give input? Due to a couple of conflicts, I wasn't able to attend.

“RelaxEverythingW illBeAllright”

Since: Mar 11

Mount Hope, KS

#3 Sep 27, 2011
I like trains. They are kind of noisy and shaky but you get used to it after a while. Right now we have to listen to noisy trains passing by but we can't catch a ride. It doesn't seem fair. If we don't get the train stop, we should get together and rob the passing trains until the train companies agree to stop and give us a ride once in a while.
Baraboo Boob

#4 Oct 25, 2011
I like trains

Montréal, Canada

#5 Oct 27, 2011
MAIL CLERK - Training Available

United States

#6 Oct 27, 2011
Why waste the money??? no one will ride the damn thing, zimmerman thinks that there willl be lines of people waiting to go aboard it. wrong stupid zimmerman, the first time it stops after the city has spent several million dollars, there will be a few of you wanta be's, zimmerman suck ups, the worst city commissioners and throw in the idiiot county commisioners, and OH dont for get little casey woods, will all be the first in line. and then their wont be 2 people a day who even get close to it, and then the railroad will not even slow down, what as stupid idea, you can drive anywhere the train goes fasrer the the train goes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emporia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Parole denied for Milford murderer (Mar '09) Dec '17 Opal Miller 14
Council Grove citizens (Apr '08) Nov '17 PaPa and LaLa 9
News Water rates on city agenda (Dec '08) Sep '17 Okay 49
Moving! (Mar '17) Jul '17 cowboy 2
What to do when your loved one needs mental hea... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Jorgy 1
There's a controversial new book out, set in Em... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Mike Shapson 1
Hauntings in Emporia Ks (May '11) Nov '15 Penny 9

Emporia Jobs

Personal Finance

Emporia Mortgages