Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutional Amendment Question 1

Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
et one

Latham, KS

#4134 Apr 28, 2012
The 10 ammendments to the Constitution are inviolate. The 2nd Ammendment is the guardian of them all. When you are armed and ready to defend yourself and your family you are safer than when you depend on the police to protect you. The Supreme Court has held on several occasions that "there is no requirement for law enforcement to prevent a crime from happening". So we MUST be prepared to defend ourselves

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4135 Apr 28, 2012
Ever notice how so many of those who apparently could care less if a person's Second Amendment rights are violated, tend to rail against any perceived violation of a person's First Amendment rights?

It must be nice to have the kind of pick and choose mentality, when it comes to which rights or laws a person should stand up for, and which ones can be virtually ignored.

Just a random thought.
Lar Bre

Yakima, WA

#4136 Apr 30, 2012
tired wrote:
Every country in the world that has banned guns has had an increase in violent crime or the people controlled by the ones that did.
...and your source for this information, tired.
longspur

Junction City, KS

#4137 Apr 30, 2012
Don't renig in 2012
unlurker

Kent, WA

#4138 May 2, 2012
What are you voting for? You already have the right to keep and bear arms. That is not a broken law so why fix it? Guess I will have to consider suing to keep the second amendment in place you vote take away what is already mine!
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#4139 May 4, 2012
haw haw haw

Guns and Ammo editor arrested for murder.
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#4141 May 5, 2012
Another fine gun rights hero:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news...

haw haw haw.
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#4142 May 5, 2012
http://cjonline.com/news/2012-05-04/gunman-ge...

The families of Lambert and Gordon "will never be the same," Braun said. "Until we get a grasp on the circulation of handguns, we're going to continue to see this."
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#4143 May 5, 2012
You gunphucks haven't been getting good press lately
Steven Wayne Pattison

Overland Park, KS

#4144 May 5, 2012
We as Union state Citizens have many Rights that are unalienable. None of these Rights can be sold or transferred in anyway! Unalienable is defined - "The state of a thing or right which cannot be sold." "The natural rights of life and liberty are unalienable."

For anyone within the jurisdiction of the Union states or its government has the unalienable Right to bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and state, and for all other lawful purposes.

No one can vote to amend my Natural Rights therefore voting yes or no is an unconstitutional act of Sedition.

Most likely after someone reads this it will be removed from the Internet.
door king

Corpus Christi, TX

#4145 May 5, 2012
guns = loons.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#4146 May 5, 2012
door king wrote:
guns = loons.
What is your problem?
agreed

Junction City, KS

#4147 May 5, 2012
et one wrote:
The 10 ammendments to the Constitution are inviolate. The 2nd Ammendment is the guardian of them all. When you are armed and ready to defend yourself and your family you are safer than when you depend on the police to protect you. The Supreme Court has held on several occasions that "there is no requirement for law enforcement to prevent a crime from happening". So we MUST be prepared to defend ourselves
I went to a State Park recently and a loose Pit Bull started following me, as his owners, a young couple with two kids watched from a distance and did nothing. I stopped and drew my .38 and just stood there. They called him and quickly left with Pit Bull in tow. That`s why we have the Second Amendment, and I fully support it.
Hillary Milton

Chanute, KS

#4148 May 6, 2012
this is why no one should own guns!
Lunacee

United States

#4149 May 9, 2012
Dick wrote:
<quoted text>Do I have to spell it out for you?
We are not talking about you doing some blunt; we are addressing the issue of home invasions which are on the rise. I have a right to defend my self and property in my home from some thief who thinks it would be just fine to relieve me of my property or my life.
Some 80 year old is as entitled to defend themselves as anyone else and could be a Korean or Vietnam veteran with experience with firearms.
Regardless, if more people were armed, there would be less home invasions and probably fewer trials to worry about also.
Especially when there are so few in the sherrif's dept- it took about 40 minutes when we had an emergency.Better be able to defend yourself!
sergeantryno187

Derby, KS

#4150 May 9, 2012
door king wrote:
guns = loons.
Cops, military, secret service, hunters, robbers, cowboys, etc...anybody with one is that what you mean?

Since: May 10

MontgomeryCounty

#4151 May 9, 2012
I have been a member of the National Rifleman's Association for years and will continue to be.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4152 May 11, 2012
I can understand why some people would not like to have a gun themselves; I can even understand how some people would prefer not to be around guns… What I cannot understand is why a few people object to other people wanting to have guns or be around guns?

If I were in third grade I might say,“Your just a selfish bully,”.

I mean this cat is completely out of the bag here, there are guns in the hands of private citizens – get over it ~

Attempting to criminalize guns would pretty much ensure the only people who had guns other than the authorities, would be criminals. There is no way to make them go away completely, especially here.

Just like every other facet in life there are those who are responsible with what they have and in what they do, and there are those who are irresponsible with those same things and like I said, this goes for cars, drinking, child rearing and guns.

Then there are those who seem to have only a tenuous grasp of reality, believing they can make the problem go away, if they complain loud enough and often enough.

Personally I think one of the quickest and surest ways of starting a civil war, would be to encourage the government to disarm the public.

Not only would it be counter to the Second Amendment of the Constitution (we all remember the Constitution don’t we?), but it would be proof positive that we couldn’t trust the government.

In a 1994 National Institute of Justice Survey it was estimated that, 44 million Americans owned 192 million firearms, 65 million of which were handguns.

Now take into account that there is an estimated 2,927,754 total people in the U.S. military, many of whom are non combatants, there are also about 800,000 law enforcement personnel in the U.S., Of those in the military there are a significant number of "non combatants" - of those in law enforcement there are "administrators" and of those there are individuals who own guns and believe in the 2nd Amendment.

Personally, I wouldn't want to be in law enforcement or the military, and be told to go out and collect the guns from everybody else.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4153 May 13, 2012
Don-N-Kansas wrote:
I can understand why some people would not like to have a gun themselves; I can even understand how some people would prefer not to be around guns… What I cannot understand is why a few people object to other people wanting to have guns or be around guns?
If I were in third grade I might say,“Your just a selfish bully,”.
I mean this cat is completely out of the bag here, there are guns in the hands of private citizens – get over it ~
Attempting to criminalize guns would pretty much ensure the only people who had guns other than the authorities, would be criminals. There is no way to make them go away completely, especially here.
Just like every other facet in life there are those who are responsible with what they have and in what they do, and there are those who are irresponsible with those same things and like I said, this goes for cars, drinking, child rearing and guns.
Then there are those who seem to have only a tenuous grasp of reality, believing they can make the problem go away, if they complain loud enough and often enough.
Personally I think one of the quickest and surest ways of starting a civil war, would be to encourage the government to disarm the public.
Not only would it be counter to the Second Amendment of the Constitution (we all remember the Constitution don’t we?), but it would be proof positive that we couldn’t trust the government.
In a 1994 National Institute of Justice Survey it was estimated that, 44 million Americans owned 192 million firearms, 65 million of which were handguns.
Now take into account that there is an estimated 2,927,754 total people in the U.S. military, many of whom are non combatants, there are also about 800,000 law enforcement personnel in the U.S., Of those in the military there are a significant number of "non combatants" - of those in law enforcement there are "administrators" and of those there are individuals who own guns and believe in the 2nd Amendment.
Personally, I wouldn't want to be in law enforcement or the military, and be told to go out and collect the guns from everybody else.
I'm a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment. So, within the confines of the law, a guy or gal should be able to hunt with a shotgun or rifle and to use a handgun in self-defense. Do you support the right for anyone to own any guy outside the confines of the law? Does your support for gun owners' rights extend to the guy with that Mac 10?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4154 May 13, 2012
agreed wrote:
<quoted text>I went to a State Park recently and a loose Pit Bull started following me, as his owners, a young couple with two kids watched from a distance and did nothing. I stopped and drew my .38 and just stood there. They called him and quickly left with Pit Bull in tow. That`s why we have the Second Amendment, and I fully support it.
I notice that no where did you say that the pit was aggressive. But it dose seem the fact it was a pit made you uneasy. I have been bitten by a German Sheppard, A terrier when I was like 3 right in the left eye and he f@#$ed it up, and a few other breads but not once in my life a pit. And I have known quite a few pits and owned one myself. I call that ignorance, not reason to own a gun. Fact you seem like you might be a bit to twitchy to have one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emporia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lyon co jail 1 hr already licensed 1
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) Sep 8 Helms-persecuted ... 321
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? Aug 31 The Kangaroo 203
Theft (Oct '07) May '14 Marge Jennings 18
Debate: Gay Marriage - Emporia, KS (Dec '10) Apr '14 sfcjdb329@yahoo.com 25
david Rutledge Mar '14 David Rutledge 1
Council Grove citizens (Apr '08) Feb '14 justin 8
•••
•••

Emporia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••