Joel 228

Whitewright, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

Are the COC the Only Ones Going to Heaven?

http://ironatonchurchofchrist.org/The%20Churc...

gbntv.org
Joel 228

Whitewright, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2012

I hope people will give us a chance to show how much we care about the souls around us.

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

gbntv.org
Before Campbell

Whitewright, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Conclusion

While these congregations were still lacking in some areas, the progress they made towards restoring the ancient order of things is important. One more item worthy of note is the tombstone of William Rogers at the Cane Ridge meetinghouse near Paris, Kentucky. It simply reads:
http://www.padfield.com/1996/campbell.html

Christianity Before Alexander Campbell

by David Padfield

William Rogers
Born In Campbell Co., VA. July 7, 1784,
Removed With His Father To
Caine Ridge, Bourbon Co., Apr. 1798
United With The Church Of Christ
At Caine Ridge In 1807
Died Feb. 15, 1862
In The 78th Year Of His Age

At the time William Rogers "united with the church of Christ at Caine Ridge," Alexander Campbell was but a young man in his teens, still living in Ireland. The "church of Christ" was not started by Campbell, nor does it follow his teaching. The church of Christ (Rom. 16:16) was established at Jerusalem on the first Pentecost after the death of Christ -- you can read of it in the second chapter of the book of Acts. The seed of the Kingdom is still the word of God (Luke 8:11).
walkinginlove

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Joel 228 wrote:
I hope people will give us a chance to show how much we care about the souls around us.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
gbntv.org
I'm still waiting for the churches of Christ denomination to give an answer as to how they were avoid Matthew 7, while judging all others as hell bound for not following the pattern of the first century church when they themselves also fail in that pattern following.

Been waiting 3 years and still no answer.
John Henry

Whitewright, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

The Divine Pattern of Acceptable Worship - Part #2

http://www.christiancourier.com/articles/290-...

At the bottom of the lesson above you will find other lessons relating to the topic above.

gbntv.org
walkinginlove

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

John Henry wrote:
The Divine Pattern of Acceptable Worship - Part #2
http://www.christiancourier.com/articles/290-...
At the bottom of the lesson above you will find other lessons relating to the topic above.
gbntv.org
Not going to read it in detail, I do like the twists of scripture they are subtle and almost undetectable.

So in your own words quoting your own Bible that you use, how do you plan on avoiding God's clear statement of judgment when you do not hold to the pattern perfectly either?

You are the only ones saved per your own teaching are you not? And you teach that all others fail to hold to the pattern of the first century church and thus are hell bound do you not?

You do not hold to the pattern perfectly either so since you have judged others to be hell bound for failing to hold to the pattern and you yourselves do not hold to the pattern either how is it that God will not execute his judgement on you per Matthew 7.

And there was no reference I saw to Matthew 7 in your link.

Go said he will judge as we judge at the same level he will judge as we judge, your level is damnation, you reasoning is for failure to hold to the pattern. You do not hold to the pattern, thus God will have to judge you as you have judged per the teaching of Matthew 7 or be called a liar, and we know that God is not a man that he should lie.
Nova

Whitewright, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

The Divine Pattern of Acceptable Worship — Part 1

http://www.christiancourier.com/articles/286-... `

gbntv.org
COC Teach

Whitewright, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

If anyone is truly interested in what the church of Christ teaches on any particular subject just look here:--->

http://missionprinting.us/pub.html

Click on Publications

A Guide to Find the True Church
A Reply to a Denominational Preacher
A Reply to a Jehovah's Witness
A Reply to a Mormon
A Reply to an Adventist
A Reply to Teaching on Infant Baptism
A Virgin Shall Conceive & Bear a Son
Alcohol and Drug Abuse
And When They Had Prayed
Back to the Bible
Broad Mindedness
By What Authority Doest Thou These Things
Can You Speak in Tongues?
Christ and The Church
Christian Faithfulness
Do–It–Yourself Home Bible Study
Do Not Forsake the Assembly Do This in Remembrance of Me
From Catholic Nun to New Testament Christian
From My Heart to Yours
God Called Them Christians
God's Fierce Anger
Good News For You
Grace and Works

Having Appointed Elders in Every Church
How Can I Find the Right Church
How Readest Thou?
How to Set Up a Church in Your Home
I Hurt and Don't Know Why
I Will Send Unto You the Spirit of Truth
If Therefore the Whole Church Is Baptism Necessary to Please God

Is There a Sure Way to Heaven?
Jesus Loves Us series:
God Takes Care of His Children
Jesus Loves Us series:

Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus Our Leader
Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus Our Saviour

Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus Our Teacher

Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus, the Son of God

Jesus Loves Us series: Jesus and His Covenant

Jesus Loves Us series: Teacher's Guide DOC 615kb

Let Me Tell You About Jesus & His Church

Let's Reconsider Reincarnation

Licentiousness: A Variety of Sins

Polygamy vs. God's Way

Religious Questions, Biblical Answers
Removing the Ancient Landmarks
Restoring the New Testament Church
Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth
Shepherding of Sheep
Sin, Guilt, and Salvation
Since A.D. 33

“... singing and making melody with your heart ...”

Some Things You Should Know About Jesus Christ and His Church

Ten Religious Questions
The Christian Increases
The Christian in the Church
The Churches of Christ: Who Are These People?

The Cross of Christ
The Crucifixion of Jesus
The Death of Christ
The Exceeding Sinfulness of Sin
The Fellowship of Love
The High Cost of Sin
The Lord's Supper
The Loveliness of Jesus
The Message of the New Testament
The One True and Living God
The Overcomers (Revelation)
The Rejected But Victorious Jesus
The Sacrificial System

The Tabernacle

The Value of Being a Christian
To Give is God-Like
What All Mankind Should Know
What Every Christian Should Know
What Every "New" Christian Should Know
What is the Church of Christ?
What Must I Do to be Saved?
What the Christian Woman Can Do in the Church

What Was the Purpose of Miracles
When the Last Curtain Falls
Why I Am a Member of the Lord's Church
Why I Left the Baptist Church
Why I Left the Catholic Church
Why I Left the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Why I Left the Methodist Church
Why I Left the Nazarene Church
Why Not Just the Bible
Zealously Religious But Without God
William

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

The CoC (Campbellism obfuscating Christ) fails to rightly divide the word of truth as 2 Timothy 2:15 in a KJV instructs. They fall on the sword over singular verses like Acts 2:38 and Mark 16:16. Pretty much any reference to baptism in the NT is always associated with water to them. They are an un-biblical works-oriented man-made religion that keeps their congregants in bondage. Stay away from them ay all costs.
William

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Also why you are at it, contact an oncologist and ask the doctor if it is better to have cancer in remission, or completely cured. Then you will understand the difference in what Peter and Paul preached regarding sin and it's forgiveness. Learn how to rightly divide the word of truth. Use a KJV.
Jessy

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

William wrote:
The CoC (Campbellism obfuscating Christ) fails to rightly divide the word of truth as 2 Timothy 2:15 in a KJV instructs. They fall on the sword over singular verses like Acts 2:38 and Mark 16:16. Pretty much any reference to baptism in the NT is always associated with water to them. They are an un-biblical works-oriented man-made religion that keeps their congregants in bondage. Stay away from them ay all costs.
8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; 9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; (Heb. 5:9)

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.(Acts 10:34)

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.(Gal.5:6)

6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:(Rom. 2:6)

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; (2Thess.1:7)

The scriptures above teach man must be obedient to the Lords commands.

The word of God teaches that BELIEF (faith) is a work also.

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.(John 6:29)

This proves all who teach that one must believe is teaching one must do works to be approved of God. It is Calvinism which is teaching error. It teaches a do nothing religion.

1. I did not do it Adam did (sin).

2. I do not need to do anything to be saved b/c Jesus did it all on the cross (a finished work upon the cross).

3. I cannot do anything to be lost so I am forever saved (osas).

In each case above denominationalism teaches a "do nothing" religion. The word of God opposes such a doctrine in every way.

Remember (2Thess.1:7)-

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel

Looks like we best obey the gospel like (Rom 6:16-18) teaches.

16. Decide who to serve

17. Obey that form of doctrine delivered.

18. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

When does the scripture above teach one is freed from sin?

BEFORE or AFTER being obedient

gbntv.org

We're interested in you soul, not your money.

Jessy

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

William wrote:
Also why you are at it, contact an oncologist and ask the doctor if it is better to have cancer in remission, or completely cured. Then you will understand the difference in what Peter and Paul preached regarding sin and it's forgiveness. Learn how to rightly divide the word of truth. Use a KJV.
Peter and Paul are teaching the very same gospel.

There is no difference between the two.

..who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.(1Cor. 4:17)

Paul taught the very same doctrine in every congregation of the Lords people.

There is only one gospel (Gal.1:6-9).

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.(Eph.4:4,5)

gbntv.org
Jessy

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith,(Eph. 4:15)

We "all" come in "THE UNITY" of THE FAITH and there is but ONE faith according to (Ephesians 4:4,5).

Who taught you Paul and Peter taught two different gospels?

William

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

They are most certainly NOT preaching the same gospel. No where in Acts 1-8 or 10 does Peter or anyone else tell those Jews or the eunuch that Jesus Christ died FOR their sins. It simply is not there. But that is exactly what Paul preached all through Romans to Philemon. The CoC and the Catholics and the Pentecostals just will not see this glaring fact. And there is no "saved by grace and not of works" in Hebrews through Revelation either.
William

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Still don't believe they preached two different gospels to two distinct groups of people? Then look at Galatians 2:16 and then James 2:24 in a KJV regarding justification.
William

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Romans 2:16

What does Paul mean when he says that God will judge the secrets of men according to "MY" gospel? Paul never preached Acts 2:38, so that's out. Look at 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 for the answer to the gospel that was given to him.

You must rightly divide the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15. In a King James Bible.
William

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

And remission of sins is very different from forgiveness of sins. Despite what Acts 2:38 in an NIV says. Compare the KJV to the NIV for that verse. Acts 2:38 and Acts 3:19 must be read together.
William

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

So we therefore conclude that the CoC does not rightly divide the word of truth. They preach the gospel of the Church of Christ, not the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Christ died FOR your sins, was buried, and resurrected by God for your justification. If you believe this, and believe it not in vain. Trust what Christ did FOR you, and you will be sealed by the Holy Spirit until the day of redemption. Ephesians 1 and Ephesians 4.

Add anything to what Christ did FOR you, and you have perverted the gospel of Christ. ANYTHING. You have now been warned.

Goodbye.
Jessy

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

William wrote:
Still don't believe they preached two different gospels to two distinct groups of people? Then look at Galatians 2:16 and then James 2:24 in a KJV regarding justification.

So according to you there are two gospel and not just one.

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.(Gal.1:6-9)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of121
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Emory News Video

•••
Emory Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Emory Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••