Vandals Damage Grotto Replica On Eve ...

Vandals Damage Grotto Replica On Eve Of Anniversary Mass - News...

There are 9 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from Feb 13, 2008, titled Vandals Damage Grotto Replica On Eve Of Anniversary Mass - News.... In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

Police have charged two men with defacing religious property and other crimes for alleged vandalism at a well-known Catholic shrine at Mount St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

Business as Usual

Fairfax, VA

#1 Feb 13, 2008
Where is any mention of hate crime in the article. If this were a black church or mosque, it would be front page news. Just gives more support to what many Catholics already know... that the only acceptable prejudice in the U.S. today is anti-catholicism.
Against Ignorance

Fairfax, VA

#2 Feb 14, 2008
Have you thought that maybe it was not about bashing any specific religion. I can tell you with certainty that this was not a hate crime. I know these boys and they are not hateful people, they are just human like you. It makes me sick that a stranger would persecute a stranger whom he knows nothing about. They made a mistake, so how about some compassion and understanding. Try and think out of the box( I know its hard). And how about some compassion for the family and friends. So unless you have more bull crap about how this event is a prime example of how the world is anti-catholism. Shut you trap and just move on. Your straying from the truth, so i want to know...Do you have a heart? Or do you just not have a compassionate bone in your boddy.
Business as Usual wrote:
Where is any mention of hate crime in the article. If this were a black church or mosque, it would be front page news. Just gives more support to what many Catholics already know... that the only acceptable prejudice in the U.S. today is anti-catholicism.
johsnon

Salisbury, MD

#3 Feb 15, 2008
They were just drunk and stupid. Nothing to do with Catholicism
Martin

United States

#4 Feb 16, 2008
no matter how you spin it, this qualifies as an anti-religion hate crime. this kind of thing is fueled by folks like Kathy Griffin telling an audience of millions that Jesus can suck it. and they laughed. she went on to say that "allah can suck it too". and they laughed again. i have bad feelings about these haters in hollywood.
Dingles

Salisbury, MD

#5 Feb 18, 2008
I think that these oustanding citizens should have been awarded the key to the city. The only thing better would have been if it wer[e in a synagogue, or a MOSK. Screw the foreigners! This is a war that were losing in our own country!
Martin

United States

#6 Feb 18, 2008
dingles,um,you are a little off topic, probably because you are an idiot. in the future please spell sinagog correctly. and, oh yes, screw the foreigners. thank you.
Natty Light

San Diego, CA

#7 Mar 1, 2008
there is no hate crime and who cares if it were the anniversary. they were just drunk and breaking stuff. perfectly healthy and perfectly natural.
Martin

United States

#8 Mar 7, 2008
nattt, good, i'll send them over to your house to perfectly naturally break-up all your shit. see how you feel about it then.
Jennie

Plymouth Meeting, PA

#9 Mar 7, 2008
Against Ignorance wrote:
Have you thought that maybe it was not about bashing any specific religion. I can tell you with certainty that this was not a hate crime. I know these boys and they are not hateful people, they are just human like you. It makes me sick that a stranger would persecute a stranger whom he knows nothing about. They made a mistake, so how about some compassion and understanding. Try and think out of the box( I know its hard). And how about some compassion for the family and friends. So unless you have more bull crap about how this event is a prime example of how the world is anti-catholism. Shut you trap and just move on. Your straying from the truth, so i want to know...Do you have a heart? Or do you just not have a compassionate bone in your boddy.
<quoted text>
Check out those mug shots, they certainly look like hateful people.

I'm not religious, but desecrating something that means so much to so many people is a pretty awful thing to do. These "men" need to have their heads examined. They look like a school shooting waiting to happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emmitsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Silver Oak Academy Prison School (Feb '10) May '16 Maryland born and... 25
Problems Mount For SILVER OAK ACADEMY Owner O... (Mar '15) May '16 Truth and wisdom 9
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) May '16 PFC Jones 19
News Bell and History Day rings in the 2016 museum s... Apr '16 Suzy Jane 1
News Troopers break up fight at Maryland juvenile fa... Mar '16 Boot Camp Monitor 1
Victor Cullen to Change Strategies Jan '16 Mac Come 1
News Juvenile Facility Asked To Change Strategies To... Jan '16 Mac Come 1

Emmitsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Emmitsburg Mortgages