State Rep. Joe Brennan Arrested

State Rep. Joe Brennan Arrested

There are 8 comments on the Patch.com story from Aug 16, 2012, titled State Rep. Joe Brennan Arrested. In it, Patch.com reports that:

A UPDATED: 10:50 PM State Rep. Joseph Brennan allegedly grabbed his wife by the neck, choked her with both hands, slapped and punched her in the face and wrestled her to the floor of their front porch in Fountain Hill, according to a published report in The Morning Call .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

“Allentown the all AmericanCity”

Since: Sep 07

Allentown, PA

#1 Aug 17, 2012
Joe Brennan is a disgrace to the office that he holds. If he has any moral and ethical principles he would resign immediately. But of course, he has none especially after beating up his wife in front their children. He then drove drunk once again and put other innocent motorists at risk. Do the right thing Joe, for once in your life, and resign and get out. You have done enough damage.
conservative

Catasauqua, PA

#2 Aug 18, 2012
We are Number One wrote:
Joe Brennan is a disgrace to the office that he holds. If he has any moral and ethical principles he would resign immediately. But of course, he has none especially after beating up his wife in front their children. He then drove drunk once again and put other innocent motorists at risk. Do the right thing Joe, for once in your life, and resign and get out. You have done enough damage.
I totally agree with you. Furthermore, I believe any kind of treatment should be at his expense, not the taxpayers. No pension or any kind of free perks for you, Mr. Brennan. Looks like you'll have to pay child support and spousal support for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. You're not going to get off free this time. Luckily no one was hurt as you drive away with yet again, a DUI charge. Surely feel for the wife and their children. Alcoholism is a terrible disease, please get help and save yourself. Take it to heart, someone else might learn something from this action and the repercussions of the bottle.
Njiom

Nazareth, PA

#3 Aug 18, 2012
conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you. Furthermore, I believe any kind of treatment should be at his expense, not the taxpayers. No pension or any kind of free perks for you, Mr. Brennan. Looks like you'll have to pay child support and spousal support for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. You're not going to get off free this time. Luckily no one was hurt as you drive away with yet again, a DUI charge. Surely feel for the wife and their children. Alcoholism is a terrible disease, please get help and save yourself. Take it to heart, someone else might learn something from this action and the repercussions of the bottle.
wow, that's harsh. Joe is not the horrible person you make him out to be. He may have a drinking problem and there may be no excuse for the domestic abuse, but everyone goes through tough times. Did you known that joe supports helping children with disabilities. I known this because he met my baby who was premature and spent months in a nicu. I known its hard but cut him a break. Haven't you ever made a huge mistake?

Allentown, PA

#4 Aug 19, 2012
Njiom wrote:
<quoted text> wow, that's harsh. Joe is not the horrible person you make him out to be. He may have a drinking problem and there may be no excuse for the domestic abuse, but everyone goes through tough times. Did you known that joe supports helping children with disabilities. I known this because he met my baby who was premature and spent months in a nicu. I known its hard but cut him a break. Haven't you ever made a huge mistake?
Joe is the horrible person that he made himself out to be. He beat and abused his wife in front of his children, he drove drunk and put the lives of other drivers at risk. He would have been Convicted of shoplifting except for a technicality. He has been involved in numerous accidents with a taxpayer paid car. He had a previous drunk driving conviction while driving a state owned car that is paid for by the taxpayers.

What Joe did to gain votes is far overshadowed by his own irresponsible actions and lack of moral convictions. He has betrayed the trust of the people he represents. If you or any other employee drove a company car more than once drunk you would be terminated immediately. Don't excuse his actions by using that childish term. "haven't you ever made a mistake". Yes we all have but that dosen't give anyone the right to continue to drive drunk and beat his wife in front of his children. Sensible people learn by their mistakes and don't repeate them.
conservative

Catasauqua, PA

#5 Aug 20, 2012
Njiom wrote:
<quoted text> wow, that's harsh. Joe is not the horrible person you make him out to be. He may have a drinking problem and there may be no excuse for the domestic abuse, but everyone goes through tough times. Did you known that joe supports helping children with disabilities. I known this because he met my baby who was premature and spent months in a nicu. I known its hard but cut him a break. Haven't you ever made a huge mistake?
I am not being harsh, he beat his wife, bruised her in front of their children, and drove away drunk, once again, putting those driving in harm's way. Does he actually have to drive drunk again and kill those on the road? Maybe that is what it'll take for him to step down from public office. let's hope he doesn't hurt anyone else.

Allentown, PA

#6 Aug 20, 2012
conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not being harsh, he beat his wife, bruised her in front of their children, and drove away drunk, once again, putting those driving in harm's way. Does he actually have to drive drunk again and kill those on the road? Maybe that is what it'll take for him to step down from public office. let's hope he doesn't hurt anyone else.
That wife beating drunken low life as of today still has not resigned. The Democratic party should take the lead and get him to resign, but we all know that won't happen. How can anyone hit the mother of your children in front of them? That single act will effect those children for the rest of their lives.

What a disgraceful human being, who has no regard for his wife, his children, his constituents or himself.
conservative

Catasauqua, PA

#7 Aug 21, 2012
We are Number One wrote:
<quoted text>
That wife beating drunken low life as of today still has not resigned. The Democratic party should take the lead and get him to resign, but we all know that won't happen. How can anyone hit the mother of your children in front of them? That single act will effect those children for the rest of their lives.
What a disgraceful human being, who has no regard for his wife, his children, his constituents or himself.
I totally agree with everything that you have written! I believe there is a court meeting on Thursday, unless I am mistaken. Not once with a .30, but a second time with a .20, and I also read about the theft charge that was dropped, as little as he took, it was still theft. But that was dropped, too. should be in jail, no bail until a court date, he is still, in my mind, a harm to other people, and can still do it again and again. Let's take his license away for the longest legal limit, put him in jail for ther second time offens, for abuse and drunken driving. He is supposed to uphold the law, not be a repeat offender, it just gets worse for him.
silly rabbit

Harleysville, PA

#8 Sep 3, 2012
Just another local politician that is a quality role model for americas youth. Allentowns king bully is the best though running the cancer/minorities from downtown to build the mighty whitey arena with all the government monies. This is for the publics benifit. NOT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emmaus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mayor blasts $13-a-month bill hike as 'unconsci... 3 min weapon X 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Aquarius-WY 1,760,177
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Aquarius-WY 340,607
Will Juggolotus being guarding Mayfair 7 hr Pollking 3
Kranium directing Deadpool 3 7 hr Pollking 4
Just Furniture 10 hr Tired of it all 3
Kranium posts selfie 13 hr weapon X 5

Emmaus Jobs

Personal Finance

Emmaus Mortgages