East Penn board may pull back job offer

East Penn board may pull back job offer

There are 44 comments on the The Morning Call story from Dec 10, 2007, titled East Penn board may pull back job offer. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The East Penn School District is scheduled tonight to revisit the hiring of a man who was conditionally approved in October for a $95,000-a-year job before knowing he pleaded guilty to passing a bad check for a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
drmmkr

Cleveland, OH

#1 Dec 10, 2007
Why would anyone want this guy teaching or working with their children when it is quite clear by his on omission that he was scammed(do you want a fool teaching your kids) and at the very best provided numerous false information on his application.
Too Bad

Atlanta, GA

#2 Dec 10, 2007
"...Shimonsky acknowledged that he lied on his application for the car, saying he was employed by Lockheed Martin Corp., an information technology company. He says he and the company actually were ''talking'' about a job....."

If one lies on their application, it begs to be asked what else are they lying about?
Of The Mountain

Emmaus, PA

#3 Dec 10, 2007
''For 30 years the government trusted me, maybe the taxpayers can,'' he said.

John, you may just be the most deluded person on the planet. There isn't a shred of honesty in any of the dealings mentioned in this article. I watch how the government spends my money, and if you think your service somehow qualifies you to be trusted, think again, because I can't think of anyone I trust LESS than the government when it comes to my money.
He is a fraud

Stroudsburg, PA

#4 Dec 10, 2007
This guy is a con artist,scammer and liar! I can't believe anyone would want to hire him. Falsify's credit applications & writes bad checks. Then he lies about his jobs. He is BAD NEWS. If he did fall for a scam(which I doubt), he is the dumbest of the dumb.
broken

Emmaus, PA

#5 Dec 10, 2007
'They told me if it wasn't for the news article, they would have hired me,''

Do we need CFC keeping an eye on the East Penn School board now?

Since: Mar 07

Grenloch, NJ

#6 Dec 10, 2007
Drugs-Drugs-Drugs Legal or illegal makes no difference to me- he does sound delusional to me.
Guilty to a crime of moral turpitude disqualifies him (at least it should). This guy should be in sales... not near kids!
Bitter

Emmaus, PA

#7 Dec 10, 2007
If they hire this guy, we are all about to get scammed. What will he steal from the District? What kind of lies will he tell to get his A$$ out of a jam then?

Shimonsky you are a liar & a fool! An Army CIO, the CANADIAN LOTTERY, no wonder they arrested you...You FOOL! And if you are that freaking stupid, you do not deserve a job.
Colombo

Etters, PA

#8 Dec 10, 2007
The school officials shouldn't have told him that if it weren't for the news article, he would be hired. Now they've set themselves up for a lawsuit if he isn't hired.

Nevertheless, he shouldn't be hired. As tech. chief, he may have access to SSNs, DOBs, and other sensitive information of teachers and students....an identity thief in the making.

Say nada to Mr. Shimonsky. And discipline the hiring managers.
Huh

Stroudsburg, PA

#9 Dec 10, 2007
"I know that you think you know what I said. But I'm not sure whether you understood that what you heard is what I meant."
comment

Seoul, Korea

#10 Dec 10, 2007
Judge Comment,

Mr. John Shimonsky, I hereby sentence you to 40 years opening Publisher's Clearinghouse Envelopes, since you at age 49 are stupid enough to believe you won a Candadian lottery via email.

Mr. Thoms Seidenberger, I will put you on notice that should you hire this fool, liar, and future moral hazard who says he is an IT professional, but not smart enough to do a google search on Canadian Lottery and realize you do not collect winnings this large by recieving a check through the mail and disseminating tax information numbers, address, and name via internet.

Does not the IT professional have access to all data regarding employees, students, is the financial software packages, and banking functions automated within IT department.

A little click here and a little click there and I will show you via case studies from my MBA where people have stolen millions 1 or 2 cents at a time.

This man is "SHADY". Something is seriously, seriously wrong with him.
Help is on the way

Skippack, PA

#11 Dec 10, 2007
DeAngelis & Hinkle will be available soon. Why not interview these two outstanding citizens. They can bring all of their LMT experience to the school board.

Since: Mar 07

Allentown

#12 Dec 10, 2007
Falling for a greed based scam like the one described should disqualify you for any position of responsibility. Just think about the scam he would fall for purchasing equipment for the school district.
taxpayer

Emmaus, PA

#13 Dec 10, 2007
people you have workrd the system of goung through the process of hiring a person,surely there must be someone who could earn the $90,000 with all the drama. Why would anybody second guess not hiring this man. If he is so good he'll find someplace to earn $90,000 a year. How did he end up being interview in the first place.
LOST

United States

#14 Dec 10, 2007
I can't believe the school board is still entertaining the idea of hiring this clown. Too many inconsistancies in his resume and background.
Norbert

New York, NY

#15 Dec 10, 2007
Dumb and dishonest? He'll fit in perfectly.
snowman Bath PA

Annapolis, MD

#16 Dec 10, 2007
Send this guy to Lower Macungie, they wont mind. They have already been suckered for $2,500,000, what's a few more bucks. And if this guy was a chief info officer for anybody in the military, that proves the oxymoron "military intelligence".

Phillipsburg, NJ

#17 Dec 10, 2007
Sounds like a pathological liar to me.
Matt

Buffalo, NY

#18 Dec 10, 2007
This guy John Shimonsky shouldn’t even be allowed to walk on school district property. Any slapdick who actually thinks they can make money from those e-mail scams has to be mentally retarded. And the folks making hiring choices at the EPSD may be just as retarded – who offers an $95,000 a year IT job to an a-hole who fell for an Internet lottery scam?

I would certainly hope the school district will tell this guy to take a hike, and then the board will take a long hard look into the hiring/interview practices EPSD currently uses. Who is in charge of reading resumes and inviting people in for interviews? Is there no background checking going on? Did anyone call any references? Is there any hiring protocal that the public can take a look at?
my2cents

Allentown, PA

#19 Dec 10, 2007
Matt wrote:
This guy John Shimonsky shouldn’t even be allowed to walk on school district property. Any slapdick who actually thinks they can make money from those e-mail scams has to be mentally retarded. And the folks making hiring choices at the EPSD may be just as retarded – who offers an $95,000 a year IT job to an a-hole who fell for an Internet lottery scam?
I would certainly hope the school district will tell this guy to take a hike, and then the board will take a long hard look into the hiring/interview practices EPSD currently uses. Who is in charge of reading resumes and inviting people in for interviews? Is there no background checking going on? Did anyone call any references? Is there any hiring protocal that the public can take a look at?
Simple - The East Penn School District should not approve ANY hire until ALL clearances are recieved. If that procedure was in place and followed, his criminal record would have appeared on the required clearance and he wouldn't have been recommended to the Board to approve his hire. I am surprised that this SD wouldn't be more careful, especially with such a high paying position.
dont understand

Reading, PA

#20 Dec 10, 2007
i dont understand why this man is still even considered a candidate for this job, it should have been handeled promtly and swiftly, we are so sorry but you are not the most suited person for the position , the end

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emmaus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Badjudgment 1,565,709
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 39 min Junket 315,283
News Farm-to-plate restaurant to set up shop in Quak... 15 hr Rod Evans 23
News The Machine, Pink Floyd tribute, coming to Alle... 15 hr weaponX 1
News Man exposes himself near agency for abused chil... 17 hr weaponX 2
News PA Off-Duty Cop Gets Knock on House Fire with E... 22 hr weaponX 1
Paul Stepanoff Needs to be Removed NOW! (Jul '14) 22 hr sidewalk superint... 202

Emmaus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Emmaus Mortgages