What do you Think? Restaurant Says no Kids Allowed

Jul 10, 2011 Full story: Patch.com 20

Moms Talk is a weekly feature on all Lehigh Valley Patches, in which local parents are invited to share opinions and advice on parenting issues.

Full Story
BIGJEFF

Whitehall, PA

#1 Jul 12, 2011
I LOVE IT KEEP THE LITTLE BRATS AT HOME
Momof2teens

New York, NY

#2 Jul 12, 2011
hooray
Ocean56

AOL

#3 Jul 12, 2011
Parents who object to this restaurant don't have to go there.

People who want to enjoy a meal without having to listen to crying or screaming children will have a nice lunch or dinner there. I just wish this restaurant was in MY town.:)

NObamarama

New Castle, PA

#4 Jul 14, 2011
Just because your universe revolves around your little brats doesn't mean that it does for everyone else. The parents complaining about this are the very ones that this is directed towards; clueless obliviots that could care less if they spoil a meal for everyone else sitting around them as long as their little darlings are free to scream at the top of their lungs and run around the restraunt like it's a track meet.
Dean Ho

Allentown, PA

#5 Jul 16, 2011
Ocean56 wrote:
Parents who object to this restaurant don't have to go there.
People who want to enjoy a meal without having to listen to crying or screaming children will have a nice lunch or dinner there. I just wish this restaurant was in MY town.:)
Eat at home.
Ocean56

AOL

#6 Jul 17, 2011
Dean Ho wrote:
Eat at home.
I do that quite often. I also would enjoy eating a meal occasionally in a restaurant that DOESN'T allow babies and small children. Not everyone enjoys listening to babies and small children screaming or crying in restaurants.

Realist

Fremont, CA

#7 Jul 18, 2011
The reality is that adults are far, far more disruptive at a restaurant than any kid. It just seems easier for you all to pick on the kids because they are little.

There are far more adults who are yelling (into their cell phone) far louder than any kid is yelling.

There are far more adults who are trowing a temper tantrum because they have too few croûtons in their salad, than there are kids who are having a tantrum.

And there are far too many adults who go to a family restaurant, and appear shocked because there are families there. I mean, don't go to McD's on a rainy Saturday afternoon, and sit in the play area, and feign a shock that there are kids there running around.
Momof2teens

New York, NY

#8 Jul 18, 2011
Realist... Not one person here has said that they don't expect kids and noise at a fast food place. We are talking about nice restaurants where meals are not cheap. Adults don't running down the aisles or climb under YOUR table etc. Please read before you comment.
Dean Ho

Allentown, PA

#10 Jul 18, 2011
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do that quite often. I also would enjoy eating a meal occasionally in a restaurant that DOESN'T allow babies and small children. Not everyone enjoys listening to babies and small children screaming or crying in restaurants.
Problem is, Moms today see restaurants as 'Moms Kitchen'
The original purpose was a place to eat when you couldn't arrive at your destination (or home) before meal time.

Restaurant food is unhealthy, loaded with salt and trans fats too.
Then you have the 17 year old in the kitchen spitting on your food and wiping his crotch with it.

I eat at home. You can have your heart disease and hepatitis.
b4its2late

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Jul 18, 2011
Realist wrote:
The reality is that adults are far, far more disruptive at a restaurant than any kid. It just seems easier for you all to pick on the kids because they are little.
There are far more adults who are yelling (into their cell phone) far louder than any kid is yelling.
There are far more adults who are trowing a temper tantrum because they have too few croûtons in their salad, than there are kids who are having a tantrum.
And there are far too many adults who go to a family restaurant, and appear shocked because there are families there. I mean, don't go to McD's on a rainy Saturday afternoon, and sit in the play area, and feign a shock that there are kids there running around.
Be quiet and let the grown ups have a discussion. What gets on my nerves even more than the kid crying, is when the parents just sit there INSTEAD OF TAKING THE KID OUT OF THE DINING ROOM until they settle down. When I go out and pay for dinner, I better not have anyone ruin it.
Dean Ho

Allentown, PA

#12 Jul 18, 2011
b4its2late wrote:
<quoted text>Be quiet and let the grown ups have a discussion. What gets on my nerves even more than the kid crying, is when the parents just sit there INSTEAD OF TAKING THE KID OUT OF THE DINING ROOM until they settle down. When I go out and pay for dinner, I better not have anyone ruin it.
Go to a nice bar/restaurant like Rookies.
b4its2late

Bethlehem, PA

#13 Jul 18, 2011
Dean Ho wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to a nice bar/restaurant like Rookies.
I dont think anyone is talking about a resaurant like Rookies or Texas Roadhouse. Although if a kid is crying I would still expect the parents to handle it by taking the kid outside if they have too. Its just common courtesy.
Ocean56

AOL

#14 Jul 18, 2011
Realist wrote:
Strange; I've been to restaurants (NOT McDonald's) quite often, and I haven't heard adults "yelling into their cell phones" while I was there. I haven't seen adults "throwing a temper tantrum because they have too few croutons in their salad" either.

Don't like this restaurant, don't go there. It seems simple enough to me.
Ocean56

AOL

#15 Jul 18, 2011
Dean Ho wrote:
Problem is, Moms today see restaurants as 'Moms Kitchen'
The original purpose was a place to eat when you couldn't arrive at your destination (or home) before meal time.
Restaurant food is unhealthy, loaded with salt and trans fats too.
Then you have the 17 year old in the kitchen spitting on your food and wiping his crotch with it.
I eat at home. You can have your heart disease and hepatitis.
If you don't like restaurants and eat at home all the time, then you have nothing to complain about, do you.
Dean Ho

Allentown, PA

#16 Jul 19, 2011
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like restaurants and eat at home all the time, then you have nothing to complain about, do you.
I have no complaint.
I don't eat hogslop, I make my own food at home.
Ocean56

AOL

#17 Jul 21, 2011
Dean Ho wrote:
I have no complaint.
I don't eat hogslop, I make my own food at home.
Then you're posting on this thread...WHY, exactly? If you only eat at home as you CLAIM, it wouldn't matter to you one bit that a restaurant says no kids allowed or not.

“BSL is BS!”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#18 Jul 26, 2011
I think it is a great idea. Parents dont have to eat there just like I dont have to eat someplace that allows kids. Resorts, hotels and cruises already have no kids allowed options for people. Just because you are ok with your kid running around and misbehaving doesnt mean everyone else is ok with it.

And is it me or are parents immune to their own kids being absolutely annoying?
mjm

Easton, PA

#19 Aug 7, 2011
Well, many parents these days allow their brats to run wild and do whatever they want and when someone says something to them about what their kids are doing they act like the person is wrong and horrible. I saw a kid running through the store one day and he kept running in front of this older lady's cart even pushing it away when she stopped to pick something up. The lady told the mom politely to please stop her kid from doing it and the lady said "well, don't leave your cart unattended then." I looked at the older lady who looked shocked as he** and I said loudly, " I guess it's just easier to blame someone else for her kids bad behavior than to do something about it." She gave me a dirty look and walked away. This is why I cannot blame the restaurant for this.
Dean Ho

Allentown, PA

#20 Aug 11, 2011
Using restaurants as "moms kitchen" will get your kids heart disease very early in life.
NObamarama

New Castle, PA

#21 Aug 15, 2011
Non sequitur...this forum isn't discussing the merits of eating out, but rather moron parents keeping their spawn at home so people can enjoy a meal. Once again...why are you here since you don't eat out?
Dean Ho wrote:
Using restaurants as "moms kitchen" will get your kids heart disease very early in life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emmaus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min John Galt 1,172,960
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr ChickBrilliance 307,962
Review: Milford Veterinary Clinic - Kathy L Jam... (Sep '09) 4 hr Opinion 279
Drunk man charges at Allentown cops, punches of... 7 hr silly rabbit 1
How to remove arsenic from your Quakertown water (Dec '10) 7 hr Paul Bear 8
Allentown Skyline Grows With 15-Story Office Co... 11 hr silly rabbit 7
Allentown homeless shelters say they're ready t... 14 hr silly rabbit 1

Emmaus News Video

Emmaus Dating
Find my Match