Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Chuck C

Pompano Beach, FL

#2317 Jan 27, 2011
Jeff W wrote:
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa nellie Chuck C, my comment has nothing to do with your spelling, use the spell check. I do not make fun of people, we all have feelings that get hurt. Just a sugggestion that you and Mr. Bill are both passionate about your causes. Get together, chat, you may both get your answers. Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text>O.K I understand,I can read between the lines,Now spelling between the lines,that is a horse of a different color! I even injoy makeing fun of myself,from time to time.Thats a good opening for some of my spelling fans.. I wrote:does Chuck meet you at Olive Garden so you can give him free BJs?
What ever this is about,remember all things come around..Mostly sooner,than later.Give your self a break,and take a break===jeff w:://
An Observation

Pittsburgh, PA

#2318 Jan 28, 2011
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> Chuck C, Never, Never , Never make fun of yourself-or put yourself down!!! You believe in your cause and want change. Everyone taxpayer or not, is sick and tired of the way America is at present. Who can even afford to retire nowadays? Still businesses are seeking early retirements. The crimewave that is spreading across America is a threat to every innocent soul. Prices of every item neeeded for everyday living, is going up. Jobs are still being lost,due to more businesses closing or downsizing. Our unemployment rate is 8.8%, higher than average. State officials are cutting more funding to non-profits. Voices will be heard loud and clear, cuz America's children are ready to say Enough!!!
First, your right about Chuck C; he shouldn't make fun of himself... far too many other people are all too happy to make fun of him instead!

Second, you purport to speak for everyone on their view of the state of America society? Pretty darn arrogant, lady!

Third, crime is not going up, and inflation is not an issue; you're on the web, toots, check it out!

And fourth, who's unemployment rate is above the average at 8.8%? Too vaguely stated, and simply not true if you're comparing it to the national rate.

But you are right on the last count... I'm ready to say enough to the Republicans, too... they were destructive enough when they were in the minority!
Colorado Chick

Colorado Springs, CO

#2319 Jan 28, 2011
An Observation wrote:
<quoted text>
First, your right about Chuck C; he shouldn't make fun of himself... far too many other people are all too happy to make fun of him instead!
Second, you purport to speak for everyone on their view of the state of America society? Pretty darn arrogant, lady!
Third, crime is not going up, and inflation is not an issue; you're on the web, toots, check it out!
And fourth, who's unemployment rate is above the average at 8.8%? Too vaguely stated, and simply not true if you're comparing it to the national rate.
But you are right on the last count... I'm ready to say enough to the Republicans, too... they were destructive enough when they were in the minority!
Thank you for your enlightment on my comments,opinions are just that opinions. I shall continue to voice mine in town meetings and not on the web. We Sun Worshipers at 6800 feet were enjoying temps of 64 degrees today. Favorite movie of all times-Tootsie! Over and Out! ROCK ON!!!
long time McKeesporter

Pittsburgh, PA

#2320 Jan 28, 2011
Let's start working on next Senate election, gotta get rid of Casey. He is about the biggest idiot in the Senate!
House Sparrow

Lancaster, PA

#2321 Jan 28, 2011
Whether you agree with his politics or not, it should be obvious to anyone that Bob Casey is not very bright. He is a complete nonentity in the U.S. Senate, a follower and not a leader. If not for his father's name and many missteps by his bumbling opponent, Rick Santorum, nobody would even know who Bob Casey, Jr. is.

We have a good Senator now with Pat Toomey. Let's elect another one in 2012. No more Santorums (big government conservatives), Specters (pandering, unprincipled opportunists) or Caseys (big government liberals).

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#2322 Jan 28, 2011
Chuck C wrote:
One other thing come next elections,We all better watch the counters count the votes..."Sad but true"
This brings to mind the computer/electonic voting. I'm not exactly thrilled with a non-paper ballot considering I know how easy it would be to display one thing on the voting screen and record the vote differently behind the scenes with no reliable audit trail.

Diebold makes electronic voting machines. And one of the scariest things I've ever heard in my life was the President of Diebold saying he will deliver Ohio to Bush. And Ohio went to Bush and was the deciding factor in that election. I can't say definitively something sinister happened, but it sure got the Spidey sense tingling.

Nehwon

#2323 Jan 28, 2011
Ganz Kluger Junge wrote:
<quoted text>
The streets are unsafe because America is in a state of economic decline and at the same time has far too liberal gun laws. This leads to an unhappy state of affairs where legions of heavily armed people roam the streets with no hope of finding work. That can't possibly go well.
It's happened in the past. Just ask the French aristocracy how that turned out when the poor stormed the Bastille. The US already tore itself apart during the Civil War as a result of the economic/slavery factor. And came close yet again during the Great Depression.

If history has taught us anything, it's that the rich fear the poor who have nothing left to lose.

Nehwon

#2324 Jan 28, 2011
House Sparrow wrote:
Whether you agree with his politics or not, it should be obvious to anyone that Bob Casey is not very bright. He is a complete nonentity in the U.S. Senate, a follower and not a leader. If not for his father's name and many missteps by his bumbling opponent, Rick Santorum, nobody would even know who Bob Casey, Jr. is.
We have a good Senator now with Pat Toomey. Let's elect another one in 2012. No more Santorums (big government conservatives), Specters (pandering, unprincipled opportunists) or Caseys (big government liberals).
"Good" Senator has yet to be proven until we see how he votes. Will he vote according to what's good for PA and for the country as a whole or will he just toe the Republican party line like a loyal comrade of the Politburo? If the latter, what catchy labels will you apply to him then?

Nehwon

#2325 Jan 28, 2011
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> I feel as tho, I am on a movie set, does "Sybil" ring a bell? Multiple personalities of one soul are parading on this field. What an imagination, why not work for Disney? Time to bid ALL farewell,curtain call and exit theme! ROCK ON!!
Ignore the trolls. The one you replied to is obviously a baby troll and will get grounded for two weeks once his mom finds out what's he's been doing in the basement.
RUTH THET

New Kensington, PA

#2326 Jan 28, 2011
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
It's happened in the past. Just ask the French aristocracy how that turned out when the poor stormed the Bastille. The US already tore itself apart during the Civil War as a result of the economic/slavery factor. And came close yet again during the Great Depression.
If history has taught us anything, it's that the rich fear the poor who have nothing left to lose.
Go to CNN.com and see what's happening in Egypt right now. Different political structure but same frustrations... The poor are getting poorer.
Chuck C

Pompano Beach, FL

#2327 Jan 28, 2011
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
This brings to mind the computer/electonic voting. I'm not exactly thrilled with a non-paper ballot considering I know how easy it would be to display one thing on the voting screen and record the vote differently behind the scenes with no reliable audit trail.
Diebold makes electronic voting machines. And one of the scariest things I've ever heard in my life was the President of Diebold saying he will deliver Ohio to Bush. And Ohio went to Bush and was the deciding factor in that election. I can't say definitively something sinister happened, but it sure got the Spidey sense tingling.
Take a look at Hulu free on line TV under movies."Hacking Democracy"The hole story is there.even about CALF.kicking Diebold voteing computers out.A must see.WARING What you are going to see will break your heart.Stolen Votes,stolen election,the lies the greed.A can full of worms so large,it could end our country as we know it,the ceo should have been drawed and Quartered,Diebold and all the board should be tryed for Treason,betrayal of our country.DAM THEM
Chuck C

Pompano Beach, FL

#2328 Jan 28, 2011
RUTH THET wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to CNN.com and see what's happening in Egypt right now. Different political structure but same frustrations... The poor are getting poorer.
The Egypyian are showing us this very day,what it is going to take...
notoorangeman

Perkasie, PA

#2329 Jan 28, 2011
House Sparrow wrote:
You want to talk about not very bright, Toomey's a first class a hole. when in congress he voted for the bill that gave Wall Street the go ahead to cause the disaster that became the recession. Not to mention him taking a job on wall street.
Gtr

Wexford, PA

#2330 Jan 29, 2011
RUTH THET wrote:
<quoted text>
People in cities are upset with leaders, I been trying to explaine the world trend is here as Tunisia, Egypt.

A larger view is needed, but daily problems cause many to not see or try to understand.

Glenn Rioux
Colorado Chick

Colorado Springs, CO

#2331 Jan 29, 2011
Gtr wrote:
<quoted text>
People in cities are upset with leaders, I been trying to explaine the world trend is here as Tunisia, Egypt.
A larger view is needed, but daily problems cause many to not see or try to understand.
Glenn Rioux
Right On Glenn!!!! Folks in foreign countries just go for it. In Asia, the Middle East and Europe they may have very little in materialistic values. They use all their declared rights and will defend them. They are not afraid to stand up and fight for their cause. Knowing it may get brutal and lives lost. Whereas America has this legal system with its set rules, it's huge. The recession knock everyone off their feet. New rules on the playground has changed the way we think. Cutting programs that help another American to lead a somewhat daily life. Families losing their homes and jobs are scarce. This gives way to homelessness and crime on the streets. Another thing that riles me, in my parent's day; never would we hear about Top Secret news. Now it's just as handy as ordering a dinner meal. Where the missles are located, where the mustard gas is located and how our homefront is not protected. I am sure that puts us all in a secured mode. Yes, we tend to ignore the pain of today's world, for we are dealing with injustice in our own country. Our RX as individuals, just help who you can in these frightening times. You still have a voice,use it! ROCK ON!!!
Colorado Chick

Colorado Springs, CO

#2332 Jan 29, 2011
Gtr wrote:
<quoted text>
Glenn Rioux
Forgot to mention Glenn, The medical business in this country-there's a doc for every ailment you have. It's like going into the grocers' and choosing a cereal from the multitudes on the shelf. Insurance itself is not that expensive-it's the doc visits and entrance fee to get into the hospital or the emergency care business. But once you have the insurance, they think you need every test imaginable. Control freaks, take care of your bodies now and it will reward you in the coming years. We were all placed on this earth to help one another. Here's an example- recently ran into a friend's daughter, who was in my Girl Scout troop. Now a young lady,just graduated from college. She turnrd down a job offer, why? She is going to teach English to Asian children. Leaving her country to go abroad to a unfamiliar territory, just to give of herself. I highly praised her-it is the human compassion and love that is instilled in all of us at birth. But gets sugar-coated along the way and turns to greed. All about the ME and not for a neighbor in need. This young lady is part of our future and I am very proud of her in every respect. Teaching your children respect,pride,values and believing in their self-worth will lead them to become compassionate leaders. ROCK ON!!

“"two wings of the same bird"”

Since: May 09

Home..... is where the ammo is

#2333 Jan 29, 2011
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text> Right On Glenn!!!! Folks in foreign countries just go for it. In Asia, the Middle East and Europe they may have very little in materialistic values. They use all their declared rights and will defend them. They are not afraid to stand up and fight for their cause. Knowing it may get brutal and lives lost. Whereas America has this legal system with its set rules, it's huge. The recession knock everyone off their feet. New rules on the playground has changed the way we think. Cutting programs that help another American to lead a somewhat daily life. Families losing their homes and jobs are scarce. This gives way to homelessness and crime on the streets. Another thing that riles me, in my parent's day; never would we hear about Top Secret news. Now it's just as handy as ordering a dinner meal. Where the missles are located, where the mustard gas is located and how our homefront is not protected. I am sure that puts us all in a secured mode. Yes, we tend to ignore the pain of today's world, for we are dealing with injustice in our own country. Our RX as individuals, just help who you can in these frightening times. You still have a voice,use it! ROCK ON!!!
I would bet big money that more Americans know who is on American idol this week than know what is happening in Egypt. There stems the most problem here.
Colorado Chick

Colorado Springs, CO

#2334 Jan 29, 2011
HADENOUGH LEHIGH VALLEY wrote:
<quoted text> I would bet big money that more Americans know who is on American idol this week than know what is happening in Egypt. There stems the most problem here.
Right on!!! Self-absorbed in their world,thinking of me. Yes, let's keep cutting all school programs and giving the students the option NOT to partcipate in gym class. Let's just lounge around and play with our electronic devices. It's no wonder,the medical field is getting richer,while bad diets of every physical nature is taking place. Yes, China or whatever country will just walk in and call it quits. Time to take back the country's values of healthy eating and living,or else we will forfeit. Okay, the pals with the the big bellies are calling me for a hike-it's 60 degrees and sunny. All I can do is encourage them to get in better shape IF they would lay off the soda as we hike. Sheesh-MEN! ROCK ON!!
Colorado Chick

Colorado Springs, CO

#2335 Jan 29, 2011
HADENOUGH LEHIGH VALLEY wrote:
<quoted text> I would bet big money that more Americans know who is on American idol this week than know what is happening in Egypt. There stems the most problem here.
Yes,HADENOUGH LEHIGH VALLEY",in all seriousness, how can we really judge the young people of today? If they would rather watch American Idol and not watch Egyptians setting the city on fire. Look what our children are facing today-two foreign wars, that Americans are involved in. The hope of finding a job after college graduation and will pay them accordingly. Trying to enjoy a nice walk about and not get mugged and beaten along the way. Or, waking up and having your car stolen overnight. Perhaps marriage in their future, but can they secure a mortage loan? Can't rely on parents to help, for they might have been laid off and their home is in foreclosure. Last but more importantly is, how safe do they really feel after watching the Two Towers destroyed by terrorists in front of their eyes on National TV? Let them play and laugh, we adults will handle the heavy stuff. They will all grow-up and it will be their turn. Peace~
An Observation

New Kensington, PA

#2336 Jan 30, 2011
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text>Yes,HADENOUGH LEHIGH VALLEY",in all seriousness, how can we really judge the young people of today? If they would rather watch American Idol and not watch Egyptians setting the city on fire. Look what our children are facing today-two foreign wars, that Americans are involved in. The hope of finding a job after college graduation and will pay them accordingly. Trying to enjoy a nice walk about and not get mugged and beaten along the way. Or, waking up and having your car stolen overnight. Perhaps marriage in their future, but can they secure a mortage loan? Can't rely on parents to help, for they might have been laid off and their home is in foreclosure. Last but more importantly is, how safe do they really feel after watching the Two Towers destroyed by terrorists in front of their eyes on National TV? Let them play and laugh, we adults will handle the heavy stuff. They will all grow-up and it will be their turn. Peace~
In all seriousness, chickie, where do you get this bizarre, untruthful gargage you so indiscrimantly fling about? And the World Trade Center was often referred to as the "Twin Towers," but not the Two Towers. Further, crime is going down, not up lady, and certainly not in the whitebread, educated, upscale Colorado Springs area... a characterization to which YOU, however, are an obvious exception.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emmaus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,432,343
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 25 min ThomasA 311,876
News Firefighters battle morning blaze in Allentown 2 hr silly rabbit 1
News Morganelli asks Northampton County officials fo... (Jun '09) 16 hr silly rabbit 31
News Local man dishes out care, compassion and hope ... Mon silly rabbit 1
News Allentown Police Department unit to target gangs (May '07) Sun silly rabbit 23
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sun Barmsweb 72,037

Emmaus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Emmaus Mortgages