Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310363 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

STO

Vallejo, CA

#322898 Mar 12, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> ^^^regurgitated question^^^
Yes, these women did murder their child in the womb. I have a few friends who aborted and will tell you EXACTLY what they did to their baby. They killed their baby. Abortion is legal and so, it wasn't considered murdern"legally" but they, like many, know the truth after much soul searching. Sadly, many who abort were young, deceived, forced, vulnerable and scared and lied to got caught up in the proabortion web. Many were brought by their parents to the clinics. NO choice. Proabort adults decieivng young girls is an atrocity. So ANTI-CHOICE
"Yes, these women did murder their child in the womb."

Is that some different kind of "murder" than if your friends had murdered their children in their room, or the car, or on the stairs, or in a swimming pool, or on the street, or in a fire place?

Is that some different kind of "murder" than if they were young and stabbed their child to death, deceived into beating their child to death, forced to drown their child, vulnerable and scared and lied to they decided to feed their child to hungry dogs?

Would you still be friends with someone who killed their child in any of the ways I describe above?

Isn't murder...well, murder, no matter how you cut it? That's what you've kept telling us for years now.

But...damned if your post above doesn't differentiate abortion from what most folks, even you, believe is actual murder.

katie

Federal Way, WA

#322900 Mar 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you both jumped in on a conversation I was having with Sassy.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever tell the truth?
Sassy wrote;
LOL her? She is such an angry person. One of the worst on here. VERY anti-God,anti-life,anti-truth. Be easy on her though,she has deep down issues. I kinda feel sorry for her.
I responded to Pb after she responded to SJM. Pb told SJM she didn't "kinda feel sorry" since she lacked empathy and compassion. I agreed with Pb regarding SJM.

However, you responded with,"That's a pretty damning statement considering that you don't know me."
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

You've been given several opportunities to admit your mistake, but you've chosen to fling insults at me. Therefore, I am of the mind you've admitted you also post as SJM.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#322901 Mar 12, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You must be living in John K and Katies world of denial.
How convenient to play dumb. You ARE playing right?
Of COURSE I deny things that are not true. Normal people do.

YOU, on the other hand, deny things that ARE true when they don't fit your agenda. That's because you're a freak.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322902 Mar 12, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>and yet, IVF is a hugely popular or surrogate pregnancies. Seems like the gay community insists on populating, enough so that they seek those *only*ways to reproduce. STILL takes a man and a woman to reproduce after all. Whats THAT tell you?
Tells me you're a hypocrite who only cares about 'babies' conceived in an actual uterus, rather than a petri dish.

Go gestate something, you walking, talking womb.
katie

Federal Way, WA

#322903 Mar 12, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Heya Katie!
I asked cuz I wonder if she knows how many folks she wants sentenced to life in prison.
She thinks abortion is murder so it only stands to reason she'd want every woman who has obtained an abortion to spend the rest of her life in prison.
Nah, STO. Dontcha know? In SJM's world, there is no prison term for "legal murder". Silly!!

Seriously, though, how could there be? With her hypothetical pregnant daughter denied a life-saving abortion, it'd make SJM one of those "legal murderers". Doubt she'd want to see herself in prison serving a life sentence.

Take care over there!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#322905 Mar 12, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Precisely the reply that I was expecting. How DARE anyone suggests that you or any other proabort should take a look in the mirror and do a little soul searching to find out what your character REALLY is.
Listen John my dear friend, you just ignore silly sassy here and keep convincing yourself that us fake Christians who defend innocent lives are the bad ones while you continue supporting selfish,irresponsible, barbaric, inhumane behaviour.WhatEVER it takes to easenyour conscience for the moment.
**smoochies**
Ah, my dearest "Sassafrass..."

You know, sweetness, I'm actually unable to articulate just precisely how much I haven't missed you...

Darling, I know perfectly well that these words will be completely lost on you but, thinking positively, I'm guessing it's a good way to combat the early onset of carpel-tunnel syndrome.
I'm never--not for a second--going to believe that you're even the slightest bit interested in "defending innocent lives."
I know you too well.
You're a conniver, a schemer, a manipulator.
Nothing more, nothing less.
You may have convinced yourself that you're, "acting according to God's Will."
So did Tomas de Torquemada.
You're never going to convince me--I've seen first-hand how you've treated those whom you've felt have fallen-by-the-wayside; they're worthy of nothing other than your contempt.
So much for that most essential element of Christianity--Forgiveness...

Muchos smooches to you too luv!

:)
ATE ABBY

San Juan, Philippines

#322907 Mar 13, 2014
confidential wrote:
Tnx Miss abby for helping us out. this is your ex patient's boyfriend. she went to your place a couple of weeks ago and she's doin good now. honestly i was really disagree to do such a thing because i knew from the very first that its not good. it a sinful thing! its kinda worst thing that we could ever do in our entire life.! but of course there's a lot things that we have to consider.! we have reasons why we did that .! and we thought of it hundred times! i didn't regret what we have done. but one thing i can promise is that WE WONT DO THAT AGAIN. thanks Miss abby so much for helping us. though, some other people might judged you.! just don't mind them as long as you're not fooling anybody then there's nothing wrong about it. thanks.!
Myra wrote:
I would just like to thank Miss.Abby for helping me out. This is myra po. your patient po nung March 2. To tell you guys the truth, i lied at you when i said that i came from baguio. Cause sa dubai po talaga ako galing and i know na mali po yung ginawa kong paglilihim sainyo after nyo akong tulungan ang gulo din po kasi ng isi ko non... ang babaet nyo po pala specially sila ate anabel and ate kate who guided/assist me throughout the process. ang gaan nyo kakwentuhan.... nung time na gusto ko na sanang sbhin na im from dubai eh nahihiya nmn na ako kasi baka isipin nyo nag sinungaling ako... that's the reason im here po at sana mabasa nyo po to..im thankful cause i chose the right persons to trust to. Sana Miss.Abby marami pa kayong matulungan na katulad ko having the same problem (unwanted pregnancy) thank you po
silent wrote:
Ate abby salamat sa tulong nyo sakin ng mga ka team mo and sa pag asikasu nyo! yung methergine nlng po ang iniinom ko kasi ok na nmn yung pakiramdam ko te. pag my kakilala po ako irerecommend ko kayo te. salamat.
D&C AND CATHETER Procedures and Original Cytotec
Available HERE! Text Ms.Abby (09104848085)

All for MEET UP TRANSACTION!!

"SAFE LOCATION NOT IN AN UNLAWFUL RESIDENT AREA"
"ALL PAINLESS PROCEDURES"
"WELL STERILIZED MEDICAL EQUIPMENT"
"CLEAN ROOM FACILITIES"

1-2 MONTHS "DILATION CURETTAGE PROCEDURE"
3 MONTHS ABOVE "CATHETER PROCEDURE"
(PAINLESS PROCEDURES)

"REASONABLE PRICE"
JUST CONTACT "Ms.Abby"
THANK YOU..2888
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322908 Mar 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The conversation spans a few years, and several thousand pages. You're not the arbiter of what gets discussed, in the first place, and in the second, we were discussing your propensity to want ancient rules to apply today....but only those ancient rules YOU personally agree with - like 'homosexuality is bad because it doesn't produce children', and 'women are obliged to gestate for the sake of the tribe'.
But you go ahead and deny that you ever said any of that. I'll follow up with the posts where you did, you'll either deny it or ignore it, and we'll be right back where we started. Me doing your legwork, and you firmly inserting your head into your fundament.
You are doing it again, not being truthful about what I said.

I said having children in ancient times was important and the only way to keep the species from extinction. I would assume that you have to agree with that.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322909 Mar 13, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded to Pb after she responded to SJM. Pb told SJM she didn't "kinda feel sorry" since she lacked empathy and compassion. I agreed with Pb regarding SJM.
However, you responded with,"That's a pretty damning statement considering that you don't know me."
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
You've been given several opportunities to admit your mistake, but you've chosen to fling insults at me. Therefore, I am of the mind you've admitted you also post as SJM.
Mea culpa. From now on just ignore me when you think I don't belong in the conversation.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322910 Mar 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Get used to it - she's a one-trick pony, and that's the trick.
Bitch is convinced that only CERTAIN, Ink-approved Bible verses apply to her. Anything written in the Bible, which she can't cast in an Ink-approved light, in furtherance of her holier than thou perception of herself, she ignores. Anything she doesn't care to acknowledge the Bible having said, she refuses to. As you can see - she's 'not familiar' with the verses you QUOTED from it, but she 'knows what that bible says' by gum, when she's using it as HER argument.
She's a cherry-picker from hell....but don't pick hers. She doesn't appreciate that.
:)
I will acknowledge everything. I don't have a problem defending my beliefs and you shouldn't decide for me what my beliefs are. It is probably difficult for a person who has no beliefs to understand one who does believe in something other than themselves.
Do you believe in anything that doesn't involve your uterus?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322911 Mar 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I said having children in ancient times was important and the only way to keep the species from extinction. I would assume that you have to agree with that.
You said a helluva lot more than that, sis. You referenced the fact that homosexuals don't have children, as the reason God disapproves of their unions. That having children is the only reason God provided us with sex organs..

But you've never once agreed that wearing mixed fibers, cutting one's facial hair, and eating shellfish, are JUST as offensive to God today, as they were then, according to those self-same verses in Leviticus prohibiting homosexual behavior. Somehow, those are fine, but putting the pee-pee stick in the exit door is still a no-no.

You've never once acknowledged that the only mentions of abortion in the Bible, COMMAND its use rather than condemning it - or that it's the Biblical husband who is compensated for a miscarriage induced by violence, rather than the woman carrying the pregnancy.

You prefer to call the Bible 'ancient history which no longer applies', when it prohibits things you do all the time, and claim the parts you agree with, somehow do apply, because you agree with them.

You're not fooling anybody but yourself, hon.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322912 Mar 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I will acknowledge everything. I don't have a problem defending my beliefs
That you feel your beliefs need defending says a lot, don't you think? If your beliefs are the be all and end all of belief systems, what's to defend?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>and you shouldn't decide for me what my beliefs are.
Oh
the
freakin'
irony.

You want to decide for everyone what we should believe, and how we should live, and who we should shag, and what should appall us.

Pfft.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>It is probably difficult for a person who has no beliefs to understand one who does believe in something other than themselves.
I wouldn't know, since I have many beliefs which have nothing to with anyone else's personal behavior. My preference is for keeping my beliefs to myself.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe in anything that doesn't involve your uterus?
Yes. Since my personal beliefs apply IN PRACTICE only to me, however, what would be the point of discussing them with you?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#322913 Mar 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a biased opinion that if you want the population to grow or even maintain you need to produce children? How in your biased opinion, would you grow the population without children?
Same sex couples can exist alongside opposite sex couples. Welcome to reality. Keep perpetuating your bias.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322914 Mar 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't be cherry picking the Bible again, would you?
The chapter goes on to say:
"Yet neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man in the Lord. For as the woman is from the man, so also is the man through the woman, but all things are from God."
If all things are from God, what is a sin?

Leviticus 18 : 22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."

The chapter goes on to say,“When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, neither shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. You shall keep my statutes.

You shall not eat of all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you.

You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material.

When you enter the land and plant any kind of fruit tree, regard its fruit as forbidden.For three years you are to consider it forbidden; it must not be eaten. In the fourth year all its fruit will be holy, an offering of praise to the Lord. But in the fifth year you may eat its fruit.

When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them."

You wouldn't be cherry-picking the Bible again, would you?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#322915 Mar 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Back up that claim with evidence. Demonstrate where civilization was in danger of becoming extinct and provide evidence that same sex couples were not accepted as a result.

I doubt you have anything except your empty words.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322916 Mar 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> If Bitler told me one of her goddesses or unicorns didn't approve of my actions, I'd laugh, not curse her out. Seems like these people freak out for something that they don't believe in. Odd. Speaks volumes really.
I find it ironic that they attack me for quoting scripture but realistically, how many people that they know of believe in my same God? Do they attack their fake God too?
It is true that when you don't believe something, it is unreasonable to get angry at the people who do. Why? What's the point? I guess it's just an angry bitter world they live in. Whatever they believe doesn't bring them any peace, or tolerance for that matter.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322917 Mar 13, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Back up that claim with evidence. Demonstrate where civilization was in danger of becoming extinct and provide evidence that same sex couples were not accepted as a result.
I doubt you have anything except your empty words.
First it is common sense. There is so much information out there for you to access. Some strains of early man did die out and the population of Europe was wiped out by half due to the plague.

I said that there were no same sex marriages before this century. I didn't say same sex couples.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322919 Mar 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You said a helluva lot more than that, sis. You referenced the fact that homosexuals don't have children, as the reason God disapproves of their unions. That having children is the only reason God provided us with sex organs..
But you've never once agreed that wearing mixed fibers, cutting one's facial hair, and eating shellfish, are JUST as offensive to God today, as they were then, according to those self-same verses in Leviticus prohibiting homosexual behavior. Somehow, those are fine, but putting the pee-pee stick in the exit door is still a no-no.
You've never once acknowledged that the only mentions of abortion in the Bible, COMMAND its use rather than condemning it - or that it's the Biblical husband who is compensated for a miscarriage induced by violence, rather than the woman carrying the pregnancy.
You prefer to call the Bible 'ancient history which no longer applies', when it prohibits things you do all the time, and claim the parts you agree with, somehow do apply, because you agree with them.
You're not fooling anybody but yourself, hon.
No I didn't. Peroid. No matter how many times you attribute words and meanings to me, I will repeat my actual comments.

I refrenced marriage between a man and a woman as the only way to reproduce and to the ancients in all cultures, reproduction was most important to their survival. That is not in dispute by anyone. It is a fact. I never even mentioned God. I was talking about biology.

This was not a Biblical discussion.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322920 Mar 13, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Most of the nasty, name calling, and down right crude and offensive posts I've read come from pro-life christians who advocate against abortion, and who chastize, demean and belittle those who do not agree with their beliefs, whether religious, or related to abortion.
And you people are supposed to have the "love of christ" in your lives.'
What a bunch of bullsh*t!
Your "Christianity sucks" is exactly what I am talking about. There's anger before you even post anything.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#322921 Mar 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If all things are from God, what is a sin?
Leviticus 18 : 22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."
The chapter goes on to say,“When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, neither shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. You shall keep my statutes.
You shall not eat of all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you.
You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material.
When you enter the land and plant any kind of fruit tree, regard its fruit as forbidden.For three years you are to consider it forbidden; it must not be eaten. In the fourth year all its fruit will be holy, an offering of praise to the Lord. But in the fifth year you may eat its fruit.
When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them."
You wouldn't be cherry-picking the Bible again, would you?
No.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emmaus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Yeah 1,264,191
News Feds grant Allentown more time to submit documents 4 hr silly rabbit 1
Construction to start on 33-story Allentown Lan... 16 hr Allentown is Great 4
News Das Awkscht Fescht car show kicks off its 52nd ... 18 hr Richard Kranium 1
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) Sat Sergant of order 161
i am new here,want to make friends (Oct '11) Fri In the Know 26
Girl in Red Kia Jul 31 Tits McGee 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Emmaus Mortgages