First Prev
of 3
Next Last
pbk14

Chestnutridge, MO

#1 Jul 6, 2010
went to round springs over the weekend and walked up on band of wild horses. there was a new colt with group. does anyone keep track of their numbers and health status?
OICU812

West Plains, MO

#2 Jul 6, 2010
To pbk14,
Contact the Wild Horse League, info may be available at the Shannon County court house.
Wild One

Troy, MO

#3 Jul 6, 2010
Yes, the Wild Horse League keeps track of the number of horses in each heard and thin them out if it gets to be too many. As far as giving them a yearly physical, then no. They let them live in peace (as wild horses should) and only remove them if they become sickly or lame.
real wild horses

Branson, MO

#4 Jul 7, 2010
Real wild horses you cannot get close to, these are feral horses that people have turned loose to open range here and they have gotten away with it. They have been spotted on the highway at night near round spring and we wonder who will be responsible when there is an accident?
Him

West Plains, MO

#5 Jul 7, 2010
To REAL WILD HORSES,
These horses were mostly released or escaped around the time that the logging co.'s finished raping the forests circa.
approx. 1920's. however some people know a lot more on this subject then I do. they are federaly protected. they thin the several small herds in this area as needed.
Wild one

Troy, MO

#6 Jul 7, 2010
real wild horses wrote:
Real wild horses you cannot get close to, these are feral horses that people have turned loose to open range here and they have gotten away with it. They have been spotted on the highway at night near round spring and we wonder who will be responsible when there is an accident?
Who is responsible when you hit a deer and it causes an accident??? It's the same thing!!
off base horses

Branson, MO

#7 Jul 8, 2010
Wild one wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is responsible when you hit a deer and it causes an accident??? It's the same thing!!
You are way "off base" with your so called wild horses because the deer are native and the are not supported by a "wild deer league." It is also rare to walk up on a herd of deer or to see a herd of deer standing in the middle of the highway looking at you and not moving away. How would you like to accidently hit one at night on your way home?
Whatever

Troy, MO

#8 Jul 9, 2010
off base horses wrote:
<quoted text> You are way "off base" with your so called wild horses because the deer are native and the are not supported by a "wild deer league." It is also rare to walk up on a herd of deer or to see a herd of deer standing in the middle of the highway looking at you and not moving away. How would you like to accidently hit one at night on your way home?
OK, nutcase!! The point was, they are both wild animals and nobody is to blame if you hit a wild animal while your driving. If you are driving your vehicle in an area with animals, you are responsible to watch out for them or pay to fix your car if you don't. And yes, I've seen deer standing in the road that would just stare at the cars lights and not move so I'm not sure what your point was. And what does "supported by" the Wild Horse League, mean? Of course there is no "Wild Deer league", because the park service has never tried to exterminate these animals. If they decided to get rid of all of the deer in Shannon County, you can bet your ass there would be a Wild Deer League!!
feral horses

Willow Springs, MO

#9 Jul 10, 2010
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, nutcase!! The point was, they are both wild animals and nobody is to blame if you hit a wild animal while your driving. If you are driving your vehicle in an area with animals, you are responsible to watch out for them or pay to fix your car if you don't. And yes, I've seen deer standing in the road that would just stare at the cars lights and not move so I'm not sure what your point was. And what does "supported by" the Wild Horse League, mean? Of course there is no "Wild Deer league", because the park service has never tried to exterminate these animals. If they decided to get rid of all of the deer in Shannon County, you can bet your ass there would be a Wild Deer League!!
Feral horses are feral horses, open range has been outlawed a long time ago. How many trail riders have dumped there horses in this area to get rid of them? This is not right either and wild native deer have nothing to do with this.
Whatever

Troy, MO

#10 Jul 10, 2010
feral horses wrote:
<quoted text> Feral horses are feral horses, open range has been outlawed a long time ago. How many trail riders have dumped there horses in this area to get rid of them? This is not right either and wild native deer have nothing to do with this.
You don't know this!! You just want something to bitch about!
feral horses

Ozark, MO

#11 Jul 11, 2010
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know this!! You just want something to bitch about!
There used to be only a few and now there are three herds numbering close to fifty feral horses. It seems that the jncrease in population and protection is suspicious and potentially dangerous. Let it be known that the "Wild Horse League" is politically correct and could be the responsible party.
Whatever

Troy, MO

#12 Jul 11, 2010
feral horses wrote:
<quoted text>There used to be only a few and now there are three herds numbering close to fifty feral horses. It seems that the jncrease in population and protection is suspicious and potentially dangerous. Let it be known that the "Wild Horse League" is politically correct and could be the responsible party.
Not true!! There was always three herds and they maintain the number in the herds. If people let out horses into the herds they weed them out and take them to sell. This is more made up bullshit!
prove it

Ava, MO

#13 Jul 11, 2010
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true!! There was always three herds and they maintain the number in the herds. If people let out horses into the herds they weed them out and take them to sell. This is more made up bullshit!
Sounds like you are part of politically correct crew and i don't think what you say is true. Prove it!
Whatever

Troy, MO

#14 Jul 11, 2010
prove it wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like you are part of politically correct crew and i don't think what you say is true. Prove it!
Nope, I'm not even a member of the Wild Horse League, but I do know a little bit of something and that sounds like a little more than you. I'm not on here running anyone or any organization down, that's you. So you prove your lies are true!
My Guess

O Fallon, MO

#15 Jul 11, 2010
prove it wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like you are part of politically correct crew and i don't think what you say is true. Prove it!
I have a better idea....YOU prove he is wrong if you can. You sound like a whining lil piss ant that if you don't like things should move already.
politically correct

Niangua, MO

#16 Jul 11, 2010
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I'm not even a member of the Wild Horse League, but I do know a little bit of something and that sounds like a little more than you. I'm not on here running anyone or any organization down, that's you. So you prove your lies are true!
If simply stating being "politically correct" is running something down then so be it. It appears that there is a hidden agenda in this wild horse thing and it is not all on the up and up.
lol

O Fallon, MO

#17 Jul 11, 2010
its a conspiracy. They have implanted cameras in the wild horses to see what really goes on at Shawnee and Round Spring. People, WATCH OUT!
Whatever

Wentzville, MO

#18 Jul 11, 2010
politically correct wrote:
<quoted text> If simply stating being "politically correct" is running something down then so be it. It appears that there is a hidden agenda in this wild horse thing and it is not all on the up and up.
Wow, this person is a nutcase!! What kind of "hidden agenda" could these people possibly have??? I would just love to hear this one!!
Mohawk

United States

#19 Jul 11, 2010
Now think about it, why would a Trail Rider who spends a lot of money for their horses in most cases just one day be riding in that area and decide "Dufff, I'm gonna just turn my horse lose with these wild or feral horses and quit riding." If these dingbats knew anything about these horses they would know thats not going to happen. The truth is, these horses have been running lose for years, probably since the 1920's or a little later and are not someones "Trail Horse".
Blah

Chesterfield, MO

#20 Jul 12, 2010
ok unless these horses are in your frount yard shitting on ur pourch then get over it! There not hurting anything. Horses have been around running this land way before we even thought about so really give it up already!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eminence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black pond church 9 min Flourish 41
City Utilities 2 hr Local Resident 1
Please Read This 2 hr Electic Increase ... 1
best ball team ever from winona? (Jan '11) 11 hr guest 38
Trina 16 hr Interested 13
Trina cutts cook (Jul '15) Sun Interested 9
women in shannon county Sat guest 1

Eminence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance