6,301 - 6,320 of 6,932 Comments Last updated 18 hrs ago
townie

Euless, TX

#6740 Jul 23, 2012
I like to think town ppl aren't sure about what they want

Since: Mar 12

Euless, TX

#6741 Jul 25, 2012
Had to take my friend to pick up his dog from the Farmington police pound. It was over 100 degrees and all dogs were pacing back and forth in the pens. Fecis in every single one that had been trampled for days because the person running it doesn't take time to care for these animals awaiting pick up.
Outside 100 degree plus weather with no food or water. About a dozen contact numbers who don't answer. Investigate this
Appalling that state gets funding to treat animals like crap. Your ass would be arrested if you had the same set up in your back yards as the cops
Do.
Don't believe me? Check it out report back
old school

Garden City, MO

#6742 Jul 25, 2012
Curious George wrote:
<quoted text> I agree people should have read the small pring. I work at an animal shelter and we take dogs from breeders. It is like anything there are some good ones and some bad one.
I spoke with a retired U S Dept of Ag inspector yesterday. He quit because of how they are using the Bill. It is about the money for the USDA also. They charge shelt4ers $1.00 per dog tht they transfer to another rescue or shelter. They also charge $1.00 per dog that is adopted, they are getting double on the transfers. They have 22 pages of laws and most of them are so vaague that an inspector can do anything they want to a breeder or shelter. They need to get some inspectors with common sense. One breeder got written up for refusing an inspection because whe was on the way to the Hosp. to get an IV that she had to wear changed. She has MS. The former inspector suggested that the breeders and shelters hire an attorney and fight the bill until it is better written.
The day after the Bill passed there was a plea about some dogs that a breeder was going to put down because they had too many. I sent this to HSMO in St Louis because they were one of the ones pushing to get the bill through. The plea camae on Wed after the bill passed and was sent to HSMO, the dogs were going to be put down on Fri. I got a reply from HSMO on Monday that if there were any urgent cases to let them know. I thought this many dogs getting put down was urgent. Do you know that less than $2.00 of every $20.00 sent to HSMO and ASPCA go to help animals, the rest is for salary and adveftising. You would be better to give the money to a local shelter.
Now lets all pull together to get something corredted that was done wrong to begin with instead of this stupid badgering of individuals.
I so agree with you.
Curious George

Stover, MO

#6743 Jul 26, 2012
Tortured Artist wrote:
Had to take my friend to pick up his dog from the Farmington police pound. It was over 100 degrees and all dogs were pacing back and forth in the pens. Fecis in every single one that had been trampled for days because the person running it doesn't take time to care for these animals awaiting pick up.
Outside 100 degree plus weather with no food or water. About a dozen contact numbers who don't answer. Investigate this
Appalling that state gets funding to treat animals like crap. Your ass would be arrested if you had the same set up in your back yards as the cops
Do.
Report it to the Dept. of Ag. since the idiots passed the puppy mill bill they are nit picking shelters, rescues etc.
aur56

Aurora, MO

#6744 Jul 26, 2012
Tortured Artist wrote:
Do.
Stop complaining and report to ASPCA in St. Louis. They will do something about it.

Euless, TX

#6745 Jul 26, 2012
Not complaining just stating a fact. And it has been reported.

Euless, TX

#6746 Jul 26, 2012
Just encouraging folks to go visit the pound by the water treatment plant. No one will probably be there. Have pen and paper ready cause you will get alot of phone contacts that do not answer.
John

Wentzville, MO

#6747 Jul 29, 2012
CitizenTopix wrote:
Missouri Proposition B: Dog Breeding Regulations, also known as the Puppy Mill Bill.
A "YES" vote will amend Missouri law to require large-scale dog breeding operations to provide each dog under their care with sufficient food, clean water, housing and space; necessary veterinary care; regular exercise and adequate rest between breeding cycles. The amendment further prohibits any breeder from having more than 50 breeding dogs for the purpose of selling their puppies as pets. The amendment also creates a misdemeanor crime of "puppy mill cruelty" for any violations.
A “NO” vote will not change the current Missouri law regarding dog breeders.
How will you vote on November 2?
No , Laws are in place for this .... This is a precursor to regulating agricultural business with an iron fist....this is is incrementalism at its finest
curious george

Stover, MO

#6748 Jul 29, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text>
No , Laws are in place for this .... This is a precursor to regulating agricultural business with an iron fist....this is is incrementalism at its finest
The Dept of Ag has hired lots of new inspectaors that are idiots. They are picking at animal shelters and rescues over really stupid things. THe bill is so vague that they can take any way they want. It needs to be redone now that the people in Kansas City and St Louis got it to pass, us dumb country folks knew better than to vote yes. There were already laws for the breeders and shelters but now they are really nit picking. All the breeders and shelters need to get together and get some proper wording in the bill. However, we are dealing with lawyers etc. and they like things to be vague.
old school

Olathe, KS

#6749 Jul 29, 2012
curious george wrote:
<quoted text>The Dept of Ag has hired lots of new inspectaors that are idiots. They are picking at animal shelters and rescues over really stupid things. THe bill is so vague that they can take any way they want. It needs to be redone now that the people in Kansas City and St Louis got it to pass, us dumb country folks knew better than to vote yes. There were already laws for the breeders and shelters but now they are really nit picking. All the breeders and shelters need to get together and get some proper wording in the bill. However, we are dealing with lawyers etc. and they like things to be vague.
google AKC,read what they have to say about prop b and the new rules.
interested

Saint Louis, MO

#6750 Aug 9, 2012
What were the results of this bill
disgusted

Wentzville, MO

#6751 Aug 10, 2012
adopted your pets from a humane society. puppy mills are cruel.
Happy

Saint Peters, MO

#6752 Aug 10, 2012
I am very happy that P.A.L.S and fox 2 news took down the fake animal rescue and dog breeding grounds formaly in Silex. They were all about the money. Those are bad people and I hope bad things happen to them. I looked on craigs list under pets and saw someone in silex is selling 30 dog pens, looks like another puppy mill or maybe it is just those other jerks selling their crap. Hope PALS is on top of this puppy mill too! Thanks and please keep up the good work.
att

Branson, MO

#6753 Aug 10, 2012
Happy wrote:
I am very happy that P.A.L.S and fox 2 news took down the fake animal rescue and dog breeding grounds formaly in Silex. They were all about the money. Those are bad people and I hope bad things happen to them. I looked on craigs list under pets and saw someone in silex is selling 30 dog pens, looks like another puppy mill or maybe it is just those other jerks selling their crap. Hope PALS is on top of this puppy mill too! Thanks and please keep up the good work.
who cares/ shoot the dogs/we have homeless people and unwanted children in our nation and you worry about a stupid dog/lets save the cows too! then we will not only be homeless, but we will starve to death dumb @$$!
oh yea

Jackson, MO

#6754 Aug 10, 2012
NO MORE LAWS!!!!Do you know that we have so many laws on the books that noone can go though a day with out breaking a law?We are lawing ourselves into a box.Like a prison.REPEAL LAWS DON'T MAKE MORE!!!!!!!!!!
oh yea

Jackson, MO

#6755 Aug 10, 2012
There are people staving and homeless all over the world and people are worried about the animals.wtf?
jjj

Cole Camp, MO

#6756 Aug 11, 2012
what the heck
Curious George

Stover, MO

#6757 Aug 11, 2012
oh yea wrote:
There are people staving and homeless all over the world and people are worried about the animals.wtf?
People can think and do for themselves . Animals can not, if more people would spay/neter their pets there would not be so many homless animals. Come to think of it there are a lot of people that should be spayed and neutered also.
aur56

Aurora, MO

#6758 Aug 11, 2012
As long as you keep animals in cages and refuse to take care of them,then this will never go away.A dog or cat left in a small filthy space can't feed itself. Can't clean it's own space, can't water itself. Spay and nueter your pets. STOP buying pets from pet stores...
Moonbabe

Bonnots Mill, MO

#6759 Aug 14, 2012
The new state inspectors know nothing, they have little common sense. Since the new regs were passed. MODA has given several breeders problems a long with two rescues I know personally. The breeders and rescues need to stand together if they want to keep their licenses !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eminence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 10 min Concerned Guest 96,463
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 1 hr Cbusa 2,038
Who beat the crap out of Carma Green? 5 hr Wondering 1
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 5 hr billybob 251
Winona Meth Lab Busted 6 hr Wondering 36
Does anyone know a truck driver by the name of ... (Feb '09) 6 hr billybob 8
brandie lee (Feb '10) 16 hr Stacy 15
•••
•••
•••

Eminence Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000