Two dead, two wounded in West Oakland shootings

Mar 27, 2013 Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two men were shot to death and two people wounded last night in a gunfight near a nightclub and a drive-by attack off Interstate 580, police said.

Full Story
Quan must be gone

Livermore, CA

#1 Mar 27, 2013
More victims gunned down in Oakland. And what was the boob mayor doing? She was raising a gay pride flag over city hall. Does she show up at any of these violent crime scenes? No she does not. Does she show any sympathy for the victim's families? No she does not. Time for the boob to leave Oakland politics to someone competent.
Ezzie

United States

#2 Mar 28, 2013
Quan must be gone wrote:
More victims gunned down in Oakland. And what was the boob mayor doing? She was raising a gay pride flag over city hall. Does she show up at any of these violent crime scenes? No she does not. Does she show any sympathy for the victim's families? No she does not. Time for the boob to leave Oakland politics to someone competent.
take the frigging gay flag down... Why support something that is morally wrong. I will get out and campaign against Quan in the next election. She is not worthy of the office.
Out and Proud

Concord, CA

#3 Mar 28, 2013
Well, thank goodnes that neither of you lives in Oakland! Keep your homophobia elsewhere. Mayor Quan is definitely lacking in her ability to address the violence in Oakland, but at least build a relevant argument (i.e, Quan is only paying attention to powerful voting blocs like the gay community and not folks in the impoverished parts of Oakland). Anything else is just spouting ingnorance.
Quan must be gone

Livermore, CA

#4 Mar 29, 2013
Out and Proud wrote:
Well, thank goodnes that neither of you lives in Oakland! Keep your homophobia elsewhere. Mayor Quan is definitely lacking in her ability to address the violence in Oakland, but at least build a relevant argument (i.e, Quan is only paying attention to powerful voting blocs like the gay community and not folks in the impoverished parts of Oakland). Anything else is just spouting ingnorance.
Thank you for your lofty narrow minded view. Entertaining to say the least.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emeryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 44 min UnderstandPeople 19,376
Oakland 2014 Murder Rate. (Feb '14) 9 hr OMF 80
Bedbug infestation at Concord apartment buildin... (Oct '13) Mon Black Jack 10
Black Oakland students suspended less, but huge... Mon thegreatlc33 8
Quan's Legacy. (Apr '14) Oct 19 Disgusted with Quan 66
The Fury is a Bloody Violent War Movie in The W... Oct 18 Sedgwick P Hunsacker 2
High Quality Brainless Entertainment in The War... Oct 16 Culture Auditor 1

Emeryville News Video

Emeryville Dating
Find my Match

Emeryville Jobs

Emeryville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Emeryville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Emeryville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]