Alternative report on Vets Hall sugge...

Alternative report on Vets Hall suggests building should reopen

There are 42 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Feb 5, 2010, titled Alternative report on Vets Hall suggests building should reopen. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Vets with the spirited Bill Motto Post aren't buying the county's claim that the Veterans Memorial Building should be shut down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lance Houston

Santa Cruz, CA

#43 May 20, 2010
The bldg won't fall down, take it from one who knows. Hey peeps, doncha think the city did an inspection of all older public bldgs after the quake? Apparently there was nothing to report or the bldg would've been shut down long ago.

The vets get screwed over constantly. Again, take it from one who knows. I've seen Bratton in action, he takes and takes and what he takes does not belong to him. Don't you think it would piss the vets off after all these years? And HE is the one who acts so put upon. Never say poor Tim. Somehow it feels to me this was his parting shot. If he can't have the bldg then nobody can.

He went to POSCS for a month or two so he could reimburse ppl who had rented a room already. Then he's gone for good? Teacher's pet? I think he got another job and was leaving anyway. Just hearsay.

And stop calling them the homeless meals, they are the community meals. They invite everyone. The line might look one way but if you ever went inside you would be absolutely stunned by the decorations, musicians and who is there. One year I saw Tim Fitzmaurice in line, former mayor Jane Yakamura (sp) worked on the serving line many years ago. Many mainstreamers inside and many well known locals there. Lawyers, you name it. The Seaside has donated and so have judges.

No bldg, no dinners, no money. Thanks Tim. He is the one who ratted out. Note how he knew to wait until after the holidays. How could Nancy have known this since she never attended a meal or even cared about it. And now I hear Tim B. is a partner or started his own yoga studio up around Mission St. Goodbye vets and here is my parting shot for fighting me all the way on taking over your bldg for my own agenda. Don't quote me on the yoga studio, be detectives and quietly find out if it's true.

Yes, the money that comes in is used to upgrade. But they are things like two bathroom remodels on the same main floor restroom. A bathroom in bunker. Ripped out old bunker and made tiny cubby holes for the vets and took away their room 23 for yoga. They redid all floors upstairs so it would be more comfortable for the serotonin junkies. A wheel chair lift out back that goes absolutely nowhere. He told me himself that the bldg (therefore county) had money and had to spend it so he had the lift put in. He put in the Peace Garden, county remodelled kitchen to bring it up to code. And many morrrrrre. The lift would be of no use in a fire unless you want to burn to death between the steep stairs to the street and the peace garden. In 2007, the auditorium ceiling was totally replaced. You can read THAT on the vetshall.org site. The lift is now used to keep small dogs from running around in the kitchen. They jump up and down so high to see what's going on that it's really funny.

I'm really happy to see how much the public cares. The jury trial with Nancy Carr Gordon on the stand is on Sept 09/27 at 9 a.m. in Dept MC. See you all there and behave yourselves and let the atty's do their work.
WVMP

Santa Cruz, CA

#44 Jul 20, 2010
Did anyone know that the County received $250K for the painting of the ceiling in the Veterans Memorial Building, at that time if there were any questions on the integrity of the building ; Would the County allow a ceiling painting to be performed before Retrofitting for safety ? I spell a RAT !

We YOUNGER VETS will defend on domestic SOIL so if you are still here following this issue and want to help our Vets Help Vets ; Watch out for US Soon and Very Soon.....exposing the County, City Council and EVERYONE else who insults the life of a VETERAN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emeryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News For transgender victims, respect starts with us... 16 min Inquisitor 39
News New Oakland Police Chief Anne Kirkpatrick's hig... 4 hr JustPharts 2
News Advocates Criticize Alameda Sheriff's Cooperati... 5 hr IwasborninOakland... 1
News King's legacy celebrated as Trump, Lewis duel l... 10 hr American Independent 355
News In-depth: Marijuana equity in the "Green Rush" Feb 23 eye dint say dat 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Feb 22 democrat 20,852
Emeryville holiday parade nightmare Dec '16 Sue 1

Emeryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Emeryville Mortgages