City schools investigating tuition fraud

City schools investigating tuition fraud

There are 52 comments on the Daily Tribune News story from Sep 8, 2012, titled City schools investigating tuition fraud. In it, Daily Tribune News reports that:

Cartersville City Schools are cracking down on parents of out-of-district students who do not pay tuition for their children to a school within the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Tribune News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hard core

Rome, GA

#1 Sep 8, 2012
who would pay for their kid to go to city school.... Woodland is the best school in this county, Cass is a joke, Well I guess if my kid was supposed to go to cass then city might be a step up
yes

Cartersville, GA

#2 Sep 8, 2012
Hard core wrote:
who would pay for their kid to go to city school.... Woodland is the best school in this county, Cass is a joke, Well I guess if my kid was supposed to go to cass then city might be a step up
Hard core
you must not have seen the woodland test scores, and the high school graduation rate 63%. Yeh, that is awesome.
Felcher

Conyers, GA

#3 Sep 8, 2012
I agree with Yes, Hard Core doesn't have a clue about the local school systems.

Just a minor search will provide facts that show Cartersville City Schools are in the top tier statewide.

And just FYI I have no kids in any local schools.
Suzette

Conyers, GA

#4 Sep 8, 2012
I hope those folks lying about their residence are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
go canes

Norcross, GA

#5 Sep 8, 2012
Hard core wrote:
Well I moved my kids out of Euharlee and WMS and back to city. Big difference. My son was way behind in reading going into 1st grade and my daughter is in all honors at CMS... Not only schools, but peer group as well. city is best.
go canes

Norcross, GA

#6 Sep 8, 2012
Suzette wrote:
I hope those folks lying about their residence are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
It's stupid not to pay when all you had to pay was $100 per child...
Cass Rules

Cartersville, GA

#7 Sep 8, 2012
Hard core wrote:
My grandchild goes to Woodland and it stinks!! The teachers are dumb as dirt!! But he's in that district so woe is me!!
Hard core

Rome, GA

#8 Sep 9, 2012
Cass Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandchild goes to Woodland and it stinks!! The teachers are dumb as dirt!! But he's in that district so woe is me!!
Your grandchild must be that hoe with her boobs hanging out. My daughter goes there and loves it, the teachers are wonderful, unfortunately much of their time is taken up disciplining white trash kids whose parents don't give a damn
They have one of the best Theatre groups in the country
Suzette

Conyers, GA

#9 Sep 9, 2012
Hard core wrote:
<quoted text>
They have one of the best Theatre groups in the country
That's good but Woodland is SERIOUSLY lacking in academics.

And through no fault of their own, I might add.

The problems in the county schools all start from the top and until the residents demand better there will be very little improvement.

Since: Jul 12

Cartersville, GA

#10 Sep 9, 2012
Hard core, besides being an obvious low life with your disparaging remark towrds someone's granddaughter, you say WHS is an awesome high school in your first post, but then you justify its sub-par academics with a more recent comment towards the teachers not educating properly because of disciplining issues. Immediately, your opinionn on anything is discredited. As well, you culminate that latter post with isolating WHS success to one small part of a schools existence, their drama department. Considering your lack of credit as an argumentative entity, where did you get the information regarding WHS as on of the best theater groups in the country? Lastly, you failed miserably to recognize Cass Rules's pronoun "he." Did you also graduate from a fine academic institution like WHS?
Hard core

Rome, GA

#11 Sep 9, 2012
PootsNACan wrote:
Hard core, besides being an obvious low life with your disparaging remark towrds someone's granddaughter, you say WHS is an awesome high school in your first post, but then you justify its sub-par academics with a more recent comment towards the teachers not educating properly because of disciplining issues. Immediately, your opinionn on anything is discredited. As well, you culminate that latter post with isolating WHS success to one small part of a schools existence, their drama department. Considering your lack of credit as an argumentative entity, where did you get the information regarding WHS as on of the best theater groups in the country? Lastly, you failed miserably to recognize Cass Rules's pronoun "he." Did you also graduate from a fine academic institution like WHS?
Oh bla bla bla, talk talk talk, read this tripe, you are really quite annoying, and I never graduated h.s. had to work to support my family, still made a stupid amount of money though. This is why I want my child to get the best education, which in this crap county is Woodland. As for the comment about the grand daughter, have you been to that school and seen the cloths these kids wear, and that goes for all the schools in the county . So climb back up on your horse and tell you kid to get it right, they might end up like you, you know talking the crap and living the dream//////// in Cartersville Ga. the arm pit of the country
batters up

Cartersville, GA

#12 Sep 9, 2012
is this the same Hinesly that hates baseball and makes the only the black kids wear batting helmets ?
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#13 Sep 9, 2012
"still made a stupid amount of money though

Another guilt ridden liboturd who feels "bad" about having been successful at something.

No wonder you despise Romney and support president downgrade. His failure, somehow, assuages your guilt.

What a douche bag
Watching

Rome, GA

#14 Sep 9, 2012
if you are wanting quality education that gets insisted upon, private and/or parochial schools are always the better answer. More costly though
Watching

Rome, GA

#15 Sep 9, 2012
Scrumpty wrote:
"still made a stupid amount of money though
Another guilt ridden liboturd who feels "bad" about having been successful at something.
No wonder you despise Romney and support president downgrade. His failure, somehow, assuages your guilt.
What a douche bag
quit beating around the bush Scrumpty and say what you mean LOL
booger

Cartersville, GA

#16 Sep 9, 2012
Watching wrote:
if you are wanting quality education that gets insisted upon, private and/or parochial schools are always the better answer. More costly though
True, more costly, but your child's education is at stake. Cut back on anything else to make sure you can afford private school. Do they even have parochial schools here in Cartersville? I don't know of one.
Aggie

Cartersville, GA

#17 Sep 9, 2012
Excel is the only one in Cartersville. My children received excellent educations there. I understand there has been quite a bit of a shake up in the staff this year, so I really cannot attest to the current status of the school, but judging from recent history, if I were a parent of young children I would definitely give Excel a look.
Suzette

Conyers, GA

#18 Sep 9, 2012
I don't think I would send my child to Excel. They have cut so much staff and curriculum trying to keep the doors open that they probably won't last much longer.

I would recommend the city of Cartersville schools or if you want to use a private school the only one worth mentioning is Darlington in Rome. They have a bus that picks up and returns students to Cartersville.
go canes

Norcross, GA

#19 Sep 9, 2012
Hard core wrote:
<quoted text>Oh bla bla bla, talk talk talk, read this tripe, you are really quite annoying, and I never graduated h.s. had to work to support my family, still made a stupid amount of money though. This is why I want my child to get the best education, which in this crap county is Woodland. As for the comment about the grand daughter, have you been to that school and seen the cloths these kids wear, and that goes for all the schools in the county . So climb back up on your horse and tell you kid to get it right, they might end up like you, you know talking the crap and living the dream//////// in Cartersville Ga. the arm pit of the country
Cell phones and dress code is strictly enforced at CMS...and less smoking in bathrooms and making out during class change. If you want a quality education, move to city or pay a fine. I moved my daughter from WMS and have a true comparison.
Watching

Rome, GA

#20 Sep 10, 2012
Darlington school, as you pointed out is a great educational experience and yes, they do pick up and deliver. St Mary's school in Rome is also a well-run parochial school. If Excel gets a cash infusion, they will survive and continue to do a good job.

Public schools offer the opportunity to get a good education while the private schools seem to insist on it. Therein lies the difference I think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emerson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff candidate (Sep '14) 1 hr Sparrow 18
News Nickelodeon Star to Host Teen Center Benefit (May '11) 12 hr Victoria Dawn Jus... 2
News Nickelodeon Star Is a Smash Hit (May '11) 12 hr Victoria Dawn Jus... 2
News GDOT: - Mega load' moving through metro Atlanta... Fri Elmer 3
cpd Fri Change 2
cartersville police Fri gfunkera 1
terri ross Fri roger 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Emerson Mortgages