Bartow County Board of Ed Budget

Bartow County Board of Ed Budget

Posted in the Emerson Forum

Why so secretive

Tucker, GA

#1 Mar 22, 2013
When will the Bartow BOE, decide to tell the people how much has to be cut this year? Floyd released their budget last month.
Interesting

Cartersville, GA

#2 Mar 22, 2013
Interesting question. I hope when/if they have the budget retreat this year, it will be adverised, held in the county instead of in Rome, and will be covered in the news.
Drew Thompson

United States

#3 Mar 22, 2013
Why so secretive wrote:
When will the Bartow BOE, decide to tell the people how much has to be cut this year? Floyd released their budget last month.
Looks to me like they are waiting to see exact numbers from the state about funding before finalizing the proposed budget. That's not being secretive, it's called due diligents!! You can complain all you want about BCSB but they along with DH have done a great job working thru budget issues the past few years.
parent

Chickamauga, GA

#4 Mar 22, 2013
I believe I read in the newspaper that the BOE was not going to have a budget retreat this year. Teachers have not heard anything about cuts and have not been given contracts either. It could be May before we know more about the numbers/budget.
City Dweller

Pine Lake, GA

#5 Mar 22, 2013
Drew Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>Looks to me like they are waiting to see exact numbers from the state about funding before finalizing the proposed budget. That's not being secretive, it's called due diligents!! You can complain all you want about BCSB but they along with DH have done a great job working thru budget issues the past few years.
It's diligence. I bet you went to Cass Middle School then dropped out. Get a GED.
Drew Thompson

United States

#6 Mar 23, 2013
City Dweller wrote:
<quoted text>
It's diligence. I bet you went to Cass Middle School then dropped out. Get a GED.
Nope. Graduated with honors mind you, from good ole Red Bud High. Thanks for pointing out my mis-spelled word. That really brought great insight into the conversation!! Great job....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emerson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who sexually harassed Dr. Buffy Williams and St... 57 min Dress Code 10
fitgirl 3 hr YoubeYou 213
My experience with black racism (Nov '06) 19 hr Justsayin 10
Greg Wayne Ayers Fri Fakehater 1
robert ashworth (Jan '09) Thu just sayin 61
Homewreckers Jul 20 chicken yellow hair 15
Does anyone know why Morgan Rae meal prep is cl... Jul 20 notanun 4

Emerson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance