School Board Meeting Monday

School Board Meeting Monday

Posted in the Emerson Forum

Watching

Cartersville, GA

#1 Feb 8, 2013
I noticed the Board of Education posted the agenda for Monday's meeting. Too bad they won't let us know what changes to the policies they are discussing in advance, especially since the work session and meeting are back to back.

Looks like they will take another crack at changing public participation, are going to change the policy on filling vacancies on the board (let's hope they follow the law) and are changing one of the personnel grievance policies.

Since the only way we can know what they are trying to do is show up in person, let's pack out the room. They need to know we are watching them.
Really

Acworth, GA

#2 Feb 8, 2013
I'll bet this is the most exciting part of the month for you.
Watching

Cartersville, GA

#3 Feb 8, 2013
No, not really. It shouldn't even be a concern that has to be raised, but the board doesnt care about the public's right to know. Shouldn't we all care what our elected officials are doing? Doesn't it affect our children?

Maybe if the board would stop giving the public the middle finger month after month, people would stop making a big deal out of it.
Really

Acworth, GA

#4 Feb 8, 2013
So far, it doesn't appear that any of their antics have changed. The problem is not that the board doesn't care, it's that the public doesn't care what the board does and the ones that do are labeled as crazy.
Hoping

Cartersville, GA

#5 Feb 8, 2013
Maybe when Matt Shultz is sworn in, we'll see a change.
Boyd Crowder

United States

#6 Feb 10, 2013
Really wrote:
So far, it doesn't appear that any of their antics have changed. The problem is not that the board doesn't care, it's that the public doesn't care what the board does and the ones that do are labeled as crazy.
please explain? Antics?
Yeah Right

Cartersville, GA

#7 Feb 10, 2013
Yeah right because he did such a great job the first time.
Educator

Tucker, GA

#8 Feb 10, 2013
Yeah Right wrote:
Yeah right because he did such a great job the first time.
I'm sure he won't be the embarrassment Angie Cornett was.
Beth

Cartersville, GA

#9 Feb 10, 2013
You know the school board had very little controversy from summer 1998 until end of 2010. So what is unique about 1992 to 1998, and from Jan 2011 until now? Davis Nelson was superintendent 1992 to 1998 and was on the BOE from Jan 2011 to now. Get Davis out of here and your problems will vanish.
Dynamite Kid

Rome, GA

#10 Feb 10, 2013
So Boyd what is your job with the Central Office?
parent

Rockmart, GA

#11 Feb 11, 2013
Anyone know what happened at the BOE Mtg tonight?
laughing

Cartersville, GA

#12 Feb 12, 2013
parent wrote:
Anyone know what happened at the BOE Mtg tonight?
Why don't you go sometime and fake an interest in your children and find out for yourself. Go eat a donut.
Educator

Cartersville, GA

#13 Feb 12, 2013
Let me summarize: the meeting was boring, the CFO whined about tax changes, children talked about cooperation and quoted Pres. Obama's inaugural speech, and they accepted the first reading of a public participation policy that places the public speaking time after the votes take place.
loulou

Cleveland, TN

#14 Feb 12, 2013
maybe the board should explain why a middle schooler in adairsville middle school was sitting on the bus with his phone taking pictures of other boys and writing filthy gay slurs on his phone and threatening to post it on facebook. when one of the boys tried to delete it off the phone the boy came over the seat and smashed his head into the window so hard tthat he gave the boy a concussion. he was out of school 2 weeks and had to go get an m.r.i and has to go see a doctor at childrens medical because his vision has been blurry ever since. the principle will not reveal what if any punishment that the boy received and he and campus police refuse to charge the boy with anything even though the mom requested that he be turned over to the juvenile authorities. the boy has bragged about being kicked out of school in north carolina for hurting children. the school board has been called numerous times and still have not responded, except to have the campus officer call back. this boy is my grandson, and it's really sad that the boy gets away with calling people gay when they are not. maybe if he was gay , something would have been done. it's weird that other schools will have you arrested and suspended for a food fight , but you can bash someones brains out in bartow county schools and get away with it. why are these schools not doing something about the rampant bullying going on??
Wakeup call

Cartersville, GA

#15 Feb 12, 2013
Until parents demand a change in these high school principals and the superintendent,it will never be any better. The leadership in this county is a pitiful.
I just hope with the new Board members there will be a change.Our county high schools are a disgrace.
Bullying

Cartersville, GA

#16 Feb 12, 2013
Bullying is a crime . Parents of this boy that was injured on the bus,should press charges and also expose the principal and others in authority for not doing their jobs .
Stone Cold

United States

#17 Feb 12, 2013
Wakeup call wrote:
Until parents demand a change in these high school principals and the superintendent,it will never be any better. The leadership in this county is a pitiful.
I just hope with the new Board members there will be a change.Our county high schools are a disgrace.
That's you're opinion. I think all our HS principals do a good job and Dr. Harper is an awesome superintendent and a great man. And that's the bottom line, cause Stone Cold said so!!
HHH

Rome, GA

#18 Feb 13, 2013
Drink another cold one
Your opinion is impaired there
Harper is as much of a joke as Nelson and Coward

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emerson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LakePoint Sports Basketball Leagues 19 min Herbie smart 2
Crown Inn 1 hr Janey 34
Taylorsville Elementary School 7 hr Nouse4idiots 67
Steve Taylor & Steve Stewart Tricked? 14 hr Tom Tom 6
Best place to have car sex in cartersville (Sep '12) 15 hr Likeit 65
plant, shrub, tree Nirsery 21 hr JDC30512 2
Jerry Welchel Sat Bob 3

Emerson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance