Curious

Ambler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

I heard that hershey bought knoebels, does anyone know if this is true?
wertman

Kingston, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2009

Judged:

a no i live next to nobles and work there but they did not buy nobles
Knoebel

Dushore, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Judged:

Knoebel's Amusement Resort was not and is not For Sale! We are a family owned business which is active in growing and expanding to meet the recreational desires of the local community as well as those of suburbs and larger cities throughout PA and our neighboring states as well as guests spanning the entire East Coast.
Knoebel's is presently under the management of 3 generations of Knoebel family members with the 4th generation quickly growing into the business.
Each year we strive to expand; with 2008 seeing the addition of the former 3 Ponds golf course. It will be many, many years before the Knoebel family sells the many different aspects of this company.
Curious

Ambler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2009

Judged:

I did not think so. we having been going to knoebels for seven years now and my family always has the best time. We look forward to it every year, it is my kids last time to have fun before school starts in the fall.
zippo

Prospect Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2009

Judged:

Not True!Was just there yesterday and asked the same question.
old man cratchet

Prospect Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2009

Judged:

it was my daddy that came up with the idea first of a park the knoebels family overheard him one night when he was drunk and stole the idea if that did not happen it would not be known as knoe bels it would be CRATCHETS
little tommy cratchet

Prospect Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Judged:

you are so right uncle cratchet,i really wish our family would have followed through with your daddy's dream.i used a magic marker and wrote cratchets on my knoebels t-shirt oh what could have been!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Jul 09

Middletown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2009

Hershey did buy Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, PA back in 2001
William Hershey

Prospect Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

We Are currently in negotiations with Tommy Knoebel to buy his share of the park.The asking price of two million dollars has been met but he is now insisting on 500 lbs of hersheys kisses per year as well ,our corporate lawyer is working on it as i type this message.
William Heshey

Prospect Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2009

The deal is all but done.When Tommy Knoebel gets back from his annual vacation in Haiti we will have a big announcement on our plans to turn Knoebels grove in to a shopping center selling our world famous candy bars.Stay Tuned.
Phoenix Family

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

I hope it's just a rumor that Hershey wants to buy/ruin the charm of Knoebels. My family and I just love Knoebels b/c of their family style affordable park. Please do not ever sell out to anyone. Keep it in our family.
Willia Hershey

Prospect Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2009

Judged:

im sorry its true.When the rebel leaders release Tommy Knoebel he has agreed to our terms of sale we will own his 78 3/9 percent in the park. We will announce our plans to re-name the park and our partnership with the Cratchet family to his original plans for the park ,with petting zoo and bake your own pizza stands.
Dr Theo Mcgill

Prospect Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2009

Judged:

I hate to inform you Mr Hershey but I have declared Tommy Knoebel insane several times over again.His recent sale of his shares of Knoebels will be ruled null and void by just about any court of law.
Max

Schnecksville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

I'm upset that Hershey is buying Knoebel's. I love Knoebel's Haunted House because it's so unique and nothing can hold a candle to it. Hershey, please don't demolish it or anything amung those lines! I've been coming to the park since 2000, and my family and I always left with great memories. Theres no other park like Knoebel's, because it's old fashioned stle prices and rides make it a family fun experience.
William Hershey

Prospect Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2009

Judged:

Don't worry Max once the deal is done and we raise those low prices,we will offer part time jobs to help offset our high prices.We are working with renowned Dr.Mcgill to clear Tommy Knoebel as a sane buisnessman.On a footnote Dr. Mcgill will have a ride named after him.
Wow

Souderton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

Man, you are all insane!
mee

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

ha!
hershey hater

Exton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Judged:

sorry hershey they would never sell to you by far
Mia

Ford City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

No
William Hershey

Prospect Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

Can anybody please tell me Tommy Knoebels whereabouts he is purposely stalling this deal.My reward of 500 pounds of our world famous Hershey Kisses are on the table.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elysburg Discussions

Search the Elysburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 2 hr Global Warming Laugher 3,825
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Jul 28 T Wolf 51,196
firewood for sale in Elysburg Jul 24 BDC 1
dylan and brett lahr Jul 22 gratefultom 1
Northwestern Academy marks 10th anniversary (Jan '09) Jul 3 jjshadyslayer25 214
Menu change riles prisoners Jun '14 susan 1
Geisinger doctor booked by Police Jun '14 creepshow 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Elysburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000