Since: Dec 12

Rockledge, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

It is blatantly obvious you people live in bumfuk Oh.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I don't know. Maybe from this:
<quoted text>
And who is it that made the term famous?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
When states restrict driving cars and trucks to those over 16 years old, with correctable eyesight, and require people to have both a license in their wallet and plates on the vehicles, do you think the state governments are promoting an "anti-car" or "anti-truck" agenda?
Are you really that simple minded?
woof
Certainly you must be to make that ridiculous comparison. And in the future, if you don't have the maturity to reply without insults, then don't reply at all and do us both a favor.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you school is teaching failure
I choose to skip your stupid class.
Tsunami........add that number to your chart, then do the math.
maybe you may learn something.
RWNJ!
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And who is it that made the term famous?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
What's your point?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What if you sell a gun to one of your teabagging buddies, professor?
what if I did't

what if the dog had not stopped to poop, it would have caught the rabbit.

what if you had purchased one more powerball ticket

what if it were June, not December

PS: if you as a citizen did not record the sale, then prove you did not use it. the law written says citizens are to record firearm sales; and keep information indefinitely.

Maybe you need to study law.

let me help you....1968 gun control act.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ridiculous. If that kid didn't have an assault rifle, he may never have gotten into that school. If he didn't have an assault rifle, maybe only 5 kids die, or 10, or 15. Tell the parents of the kids who might have lived that it doesn't matter.
Tell me this: did you ever fire a gun in your life? Do you have any experience at all? Because by your response, it seems you have no knowledge of firearms.

The gun I carry on the street is a Smith and Wesson 9 mm. It has a 15 round clip which I keep hollow points in. I can empty that clip in a matter of seconds. If I needed more ammunition, I can drop that clip and put another 15 round clip in less than two seconds. That means I can shoot 30 rounds of ammunition in under 30 seconds. And if you don't know, a 9mm is a handgun.

Now if I were crazed and decided to go on a shooting spree of some kind, then I would purchase more clips and cause the same amount of damage as I could with any other higher powered or larger ammo capacity firearm. I can fit 2 clips in each of my front pockets and two in each of my rear pockets. If I'm wearing a coat, I can store at least seven or eight clips.

In other words, these regulations if enacted would not prevent another school or mall shooting. Stronger doors, armed security guards, video cameras in halls and doorways, yes, that I can see. But reducing the size of clips or caliber of a gun will not stop one similar shooting like this latest one. And it doesn't comfort me that the next shooting only resulted in 18 kids instead of 20. That's not an answer to anything. It's only more government control over our lives.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
People die by the tens of thousands in vehicle accidents every year.
People have a Constitutional right to travel enshrined in the First Amendment. However, people do not have a unfettered Constitutional right to travel by motorized vehicle. To provide for the public welfare, states are free to impose reasonable regulations and restrictions upon the Constitutional right to travel.
The right to bear arms contained in the 2nd Amendment is no different, and the Supreme Court has already stated so.
You're full of crap.
woof
Not arguing, just curious...how does the 1st amendment apply to travel? I am interested in hearing that one.
On the issue of the 2nd amendment that you brought up, I totally disagree with the SCOTUS ruling.,,,"the right of the people to keep & bear arms, shall not be infringed" Pretty simple. The briefest of ALL of the amendments. The 1st part about a ...'well regulated militia" could be construed to mean the National Guard or the full time military. Now that being said, there is NO reason that the average citizen does NOT need a Tommy Gun or RPG but since the Founders as a group had no possible way to imagine such weapons, I have no problem with SCOTUS or the legislators limiting possession of such weapons. Bugsy Malone & Al Capone etc gave good reasons for such limitations.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Not arguing, just curious...how does the 1st amendment apply to travel? I am interested in hearing that one.
I'll catch this one!

Travel is seen both as a first amendment protection (freedom of movement being tied to freedom of association and expression) and has been cited as falling under fifth amendment concerns, as limiting the ability to move freely has been read by the courts as part of the "liberty" listed in the fifth amendment protections.

If you're interested, there are some interesting cases on travel and free movement as a constitutional issue I could try and hunt up, if you like.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: if you as a citizen did not record the sale, then prove you did not use it. the law written says citizens are to record firearm sales; and keep information indefinitely.
Maybe you need to study law.
let me help you....1968 gun control act.
Oh really, professor?

When a transaction takes place between private (unlicensed) persons who reside in the same State, the Gun Control Act (GCA) does not require any record keeping.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-pe...
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me this: did you ever fire a gun in your life? Do you have any experience at all? Because by your response, it seems you have no knowledge of firearms.
The gun I carry on the street is a Smith and Wesson 9 mm. It has a 15 round clip which I keep hollow points in. I can empty that clip in a matter of seconds. If I needed more ammunition, I can drop that clip and put another 15 round clip in less than two seconds. That means I can shoot 30 rounds of ammunition in under 30 seconds. And if you don't know, a 9mm is a handgun.
Now if I were crazed and decided to go on a shooting spree of some kind, then I would purchase more clips and cause the same amount of damage as I could with any other higher powered or larger ammo capacity firearm. I can fit 2 clips in each of my front pockets and two in each of my rear pockets. If I'm wearing a coat, I can store at least seven or eight clips.
In other words, these regulations if enacted would not prevent another school or mall shooting. Stronger doors, armed security guards, video cameras in halls and doorways, yes, that I can see. But reducing the size of clips or caliber of a gun will not stop one similar shooting like this latest one. And it doesn't comfort me that the next shooting only resulted in 18 kids instead of 20. That's not an answer to anything. It's only more government control over our lives.
Aren't stronger doors, armed guards and video cameras more government control over our lives?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Now that being said, there is NO reason that the average citizen does NOT need a Tommy Gun or RPG but since the Founders as a group had no possible way to imagine such weapons, I have no problem with SCOTUS or the legislators limiting possession of such weapons. Bugsy Malone & Al Capone etc gave good reasons for such limitations.
Read this back to yourself. Now, ask yourself why people don't know what the hell you are trying to say. Instead of getting defensive, perhaps you should work on your writing a little bit.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really, professor?
When a transaction takes place between private (unlicensed) persons who reside in the same State, the Gun Control Act (GCA) does not require any record keeping.
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-pe...
at your own risk

please read that knowingly selling to a person who violates gun sale rules is against the law.

get back to class....you have plenty to learn.

glad I could point you to the law you missed is your fantasy law school.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't stronger doors, armed guards and video cameras more government control over our lives?
No, not if people want it, and I'm sure very few parents would object. Besides, school security is a local issue and not a federal one. Any concerned parent can contact their local Councilman and discuss the issue. They can put it to a vote be it video cameras, armed security guards, security company or various other things. If people are willing to pay for it, then it's their money to spend.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
at your own risk
please read that knowingly selling to a person who violates gun sale rules is against the law.
get back to class....you have plenty to learn.
glad I could point you to the law you missed is your fantasy law school.
You said you had to document it, professor. But you don't, do ya? Yet another of your brilliant proclamations. The list keeps growing.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not if people want it, and I'm sure very few parents would object. Besides, school security is a local issue and not a federal one. Any concerned parent can contact their local Councilman and discuss the issue. They can put it to a vote be it video cameras, armed security guards, security company or various other things. If people are willing to pay for it, then it's their money to spend.
You don't know how public schools are governed, do you?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you had to document it, professor. But you don't, do ya? Yet another of your brilliant proclamations. The list keeps growing.
your list is so long that it would take days to document.

the rule you posted is a revision from original

prior to 1968 you had to do nothing
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
your list is so long that it would take days to document.
the rule you posted is a revision from original
prior to 1968 you had to do nothing
What?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What if you sell a gun to one of your teabagging buddies, professor?
YOU have a point, Most of my weapons have been traded for, or predate 1968. That is one big reason why trying to find & or consficate personal privately owned weapons would be all but totally fruitless. Only the honest non-offending would turn in their weapons, the criminal & deranged would NOT turn in weapons. Then the honest & sane would be defenseless!!
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll catch this one!
Travel is seen both as a first amendment protection (freedom of movement being tied to freedom of association and expression) and has been cited as falling under fifth amendment concerns, as limiting the ability to move freely has been read by the courts as part of the "liberty" listed in the fifth amendment protections.
If you're interested, there are some interesting cases on travel and free movement as a constitutional issue I could try and hunt up, if you like.
TY. Understood & accepted

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elyria Discussions

Search the Elyria Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: North Ridge Christian Life Church (Jan '13) 10 hr Don 23
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 26 Go Blue Forever 2,218
Jessica coleman today? (Feb '12) Jul 26 no name 48
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill a Spook 231
Alfred Cleveland (middle) pleads to William Ave... (Feb '08) Jul 18 HELP LOCATE AVERY JR 4
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Bobby Nye 178
AERT Hit With Class Action Suit Over ChoiceDeck (Mar '08) Jun '14 Mickey D 158
•••
•••
•••
•••

Elyria Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elyria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE