Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Elyria Forum

Comments (Page 649)

Showing posts 12,961 - 12,980 of28,998
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, Mongo. Go back and read the exchange between me and your boy XXX where he told us his Pop was a life long union bricklayer. Then, think about whether I was asking XXX about his "Pop" and not mentioning you in a discussion that had absolutely nothing to do with you.
When you are this obtuse about things happening right in front of you, do you ever consider that your ability to process information is irreparably inferior and that it causes your political conclusions to be inferior as well?
Narcissism? Illusions of Grandeur? Napoleon Complex?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't pay bad. It's just that real Americans don't loaf on the taxpayers dime. Real Americans work and contribute instead of taking away.
We don't want them to contribute if they have to bitch and moan and whine every second, every minute, every hour of every day of every damn week of their goddamned lives, about how; the unfairness of living in a democratic society punishes them more than every other American and their taxes are used to prop up the lazy and the weak and the poor. Oh the injustice of it all. Just go Soverign American. Total freedom, no taxes, no hassles, no problems and the other Soverigns are absolutely special folk.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't pay bad. It's just that real Americans don't loaf on the taxpayers dime. Real Americans work and contribute instead of taking away.
You left out the part about bitching constitently about contributing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. There are not many union places anymore. Truck drivers will always be in demand and as such, will always pay a descent wage. In fact, the US is very short on truck drivers in this economy. We have drivers who have college degrees but can't find work in their fields. If the economy ever starts to move again, those people will scoot over to their chosen career and a stronger economy means more transportation even if they continued to drive.
Supply and demand.
Why would you want to work for a 'descent' wage, while cost of living is rising steadily? Doesn't make sense, but if Unions are non-existent, that is what we will all eventually be working for.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how government should be stuck with pensions. Pensions are a thing of the past with most companies. Who has pensions today besides government workers which we are stuck paying for?
Anyway, happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.:-)
Stuff you don't know could fill the internet, XXX. Mitt Rmoney could have explained this to you very easily. He has lots of experience sticking us taxpayers with Pension costs.

Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp - PBGC Protects America's Pensions www.pbgc.gov/ - Similarto Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp - PBGC Protects America's Pensions

The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) protects the retirement incomes of more than 44 million American workers in more than 27500 private- sector ...

Find Trusteed Pension Plans at - Contact Us - Workers & Retirees - MyPBA Contact the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation pbgc.gov/about/contact.html

Get phone numbers, hours of operation, and email contacts for the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation.

[ More results from pbgc.gov ]
Find Trusteed Pension Plans at Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp www.pbgc.gov/wr/trusteed/plans.html

Want information on your PBGC-trusteed pension plan? Access large plans and search by plan name, case number, and company name.
Basic Benefits Guaranteed by the Pension Benefit ... www.pbgc.gov/wr/benefits/guaranteed-benefits....

PBGC guarantees basic pension benefits, including pension benefits at normal retirement age, most early retirement benefits, disability benefits, and annuity ...

[ More results from www.pbgc.gov ]
Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation - Wikipedia, the free ... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pension_Benefit_Guarant... - Similarto Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation - Wikipedia, the free ...

The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) is an independent agency of the United States government that was created by the Employee Retirement ...

Revenues and expenditures - Pension insurance programs - Plan terminations

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Narcissism? Illusions of Grandeur? Napoleon Complex?
My diagnosis for Mongo. ;-)
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
We don't want them to contribute if they have to bitch and moan and whine every second, every minute, every hour of every day of every damn week of their goddamned lives, about how; the unfairness of living in a democratic society punishes them more than every other American and their taxes are used to prop up the lazy and the weak and the poor. Oh the injustice of it all. Just go Soverign American. Total freedom, no taxes, no hassles, no problems and the other Soverigns are absolutely special folk.
Or how about no social programs and people will learn how to work? Let charities take care of those who can't work. Oh, I forgot, we would rather support them and their huge expanding families than to hear them bitch and moan. If you're an American, you shouldn't complain about anything. Every time you get punched in the gut, you're supposed to take it and shut up. That's what made this country a great nation in the first place; nobody complained or fought for anything.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule. Environmental issues, gay marriage, religion in schools and public places, guns, taking even more money from the wealthy. We can complain about those issues. You can complain about how we don't take enough from productive people. That's in the liberal handbook. But when government takes from you, buddy, you better keep your silence.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

<quoted text>
Why would you want to work for a 'descent' wage, while cost of living is rising steadily? Doesn't make sense, but if Unions are non-existent, that is what we will all eventually be working for.
So what's better, working for less money or having the Chinese take those jobs?

It reminds me of the times liberals demand Americans boycott this or boycott that. Show X we will not stand for buying products from slave wage countries. We'll show them. We will pressure those companies out of those countries so those poor people have no job. Wow, do I feel good about myself. What a great thing I did.
Unions

Logan, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Unions need to train their workers to become skilled workers and not to be non thinking workers.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Unions wrote:
Unions need to train their workers to become skilled workers and not to be non thinking workers.
If they were skilled workers, they wouldn't need unions.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Or how about no social programs and people will learn how to work? Let charities take care of those who can't work. Oh, I forgot, we would rather support them and their huge expanding families than to hear them bitch and moan. If you're an American, you shouldn't complain about anything. Every time you get punched in the gut, you're supposed to take it and shut up. That's what made this country a great nation in the first place; nobody complained or fought for anything.
Of course there are exceptions to the rule. Environmental issues, gay marriage, religion in schools and public places, guns, taking even more money from the wealthy. We can complain about those issues. You can complain about how we don't take enough from productive people. That's in the liberal handbook. But when government takes from you, buddy, you better keep your silence.
XXX. they still bitch & moan, like gluttonous baby birds.

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Xxx with the backboard breaking slam dunk!
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's better, working for less money or having the Chinese take those jobs?
It reminds me of the times liberals demand Americans boycott this or boycott that. Show X we will not stand for buying products from slave wage countries. We'll show them. We will pressure those companies out of those countries so those poor people have no job. Wow, do I feel good about myself. What a great thing I did.
What we need to do is abolish the minimum wage, don't you think? That way, instead of labor fighting for better jobs with better pay, the working man can eat their own competing for the lowest paying job possible with the worst working conditions. Honest to Christ, I have never encountered a person who is so willing as you are to be someone else's bitch.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Because corporations are so benevolent. The CEOs care about their labor and not their own salaries and bonuses.

You would have made an excellent slave.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What we need to do is abolish the minimum wage, don't you think? That way, instead of labor fighting for better jobs with better pay, the working man can eat their own competing for the lowest paying job possible with the worst working conditions. Honest to Christ, I have never encountered a person who is so willing as you are to be someone else's bitch.
Yes, I do think we need to abolish minimum wage. Minimum wage workers are generally part-time people who either supplement the family income or are college kids working for extra money. All minimum wage accomplishes is inflating us even further from the world market because of the domino effect it has on wages that pay more than minimum wage.

Sure, labor fights for better pay and better jobs, but when push comes to shove, companies like Hostess either fold up or leave the state or country. That's what all that fighting accomplished. Until that time, the costs gets passed on to consumers who in return demand cheaper products. But I guess the tale of our auto industry didn't teach you that yet.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Because corporations are so benevolent. The CEOs care about their labor and not their own salaries and bonuses.
You would have made an excellent slave.
The job of a CEO is to make the company the most profit that he or she can. That's their only concern. Companies did not open up to give people jobs. Companies open up to produce products and services for consumers. That's it.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do think we need to abolish minimum wage. Minimum wage workers are generally part-time people who either supplement the family income or are college kids working for extra money. All minimum wage accomplishes is inflating us even further from the world market because of the domino effect it has on wages that pay more than minimum wage.
Sure, labor fights for better pay and better jobs, but when push comes to shove, companies like Hostess either fold up or leave the state or country. That's what all that fighting accomplished. Until that time, the costs gets passed on to consumers who in return demand cheaper products. But I guess the tale of our auto industry didn't teach you that yet.
Why even have pay at all? We should go back to the glory days of the company store.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The job of a CEO is to make the company the most profit that he or she can. That's their only concern. Companies did not open up to give people jobs. Companies open up to produce products and services for consumers. That's it.
Exactly. Yet you think labor can exist based on the good graces of the CEO. It doesn't work that way. Left to their own devices, we would regress back to the days of child labor, 50 cents per hour, and workers being maimed and killed to add a penny of profit.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's almost as if America isn't buying the crap you've been selling. Let's look to the last election for answers. What you fail to mention is the fact that people like you have had a monopoly on this country for decades and look what it got us. Your kind gleefully jammed your religious garbage into our public schools and ignored the fact that the founders of this country made it very clear that one religion should not rule this nation. Really, when I walk out to my car at night, I'm not looking over my shoulder for gay marriage or abortion or Commies. I'm looking for the nutball with the high capacity Christian sponsored NRA gun in his hand.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Yet you think labor can exist based on the good graces of the CEO. It doesn't work that way. Left to their own devices, we would regress back to the days of child labor, 50 cents per hour, and workers being maimed and killed to add a penny of profit.
Sure it will. I guess that's why all these illegals come to this country; because Americans are so willing to work for nothing.

In life, you don't depend on the good graces of anybody. You work hard, get an education or invest in your own company. My middle-east beverage store owner never needed minimum wage, neither did my Indian owned Mr.Hero or Seven Eleven. They come here barely knowing the language, work hard and save every dime while learning the language a little better. Then they take that money and open up their own business.

Americans can't do that because they are used to being pampered by government and unions. There is no motivation to better oneself. Somebody will come along and make it right for me. Why should I try?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,961 - 12,980 of28,998
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Elyria Forum right now

Search the Elyria Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sun NSA 229
Alfred Cleveland (middle) pleads to William Ave... (Feb '08) Jul 18 HELP LOCATE AVERY JR 4
Jessica coleman today? (Feb '12) Jul 16 donnie 45
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun 27 Bobby Nye 178
AERT Hit With Class Action Suit Over ChoiceDeck (Mar '08) Jun 25 Mickey D 158
Rotary seeks help with little dresses service p... Jun 24 CClager 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Elyria Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elyria People Search