xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14118 Nov 21, 2012
Thomas Scutillo wrote:
You don't know anything and are probably on disability and government assistance. Clearly from your writing you were not educated.
THAT'S MY JOB!! SCAB!
And you are? If you are educated, you wouldn't need a union.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14119 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, they have got you buffaloed. You just keep on driving that truck.
And you just keep sitting home watching cartoons.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14120 Nov 21, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey...be nice to Pops.
woof
I can't. His words to stupidity ratio is way out of whack.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#14121 Nov 21, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
would seem to anyone with their eyes open, that the Unions hate jobs.
after a second run at Hostess to save or end 19,000 jobs, the Union picked end 19,000 jobs permanently.
The Governor of Ohio had nothing to do with it.
The Union destroyed these 19,000 jobs all by themselves.
Merry Christmas to all you past Hostess employees from your union stewards.
What was their excuse in 04 went they went bankrupt? Screwing workers out of their benefits, that what. Just like now. Bad management is the real problem.

Hostess files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy - Los Angeles Times articles.latimes.com/2012/jan/12/business/la-...

Jan 12, 2012 ... If only the bottom line of Hostess Brands were as rich as the calorie count of its ... It's the second bankruptcy filing for the maker of HoHos, DingDongs and Twinkies .... a major reorganization stemming from a 2004 bankruptcy.
Hostess Brands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostess_Brands - Similarto Hostess Brands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On September 22, 2004, Interstate Bakeries filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The company also named a new chief ...
Hostess, Maker of Twinkies, To File For Bankruptcy - TIME.com business.time.com/2012/01/10/hostess-maker-of... ...

Jan 10, 2012 ... This is Hostess's second bankruptcy filing in less than a decade.... Hostess went through a Chapter 11 bankruptcy back in 2004 and had ...
Hostess is bankrupt … again - Fortune Management management.fortune.cnn.com/2012/07/26/hostess...

Jul 26, 2012 ... If the bankruptcy court lets Hostess off the pension hook -- which often .... of Hostess secured debt at the time of the bankruptcy filing in 2004,...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14122 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And you just keep sitting home watching cartoons.
Even if that were true, I would prefer that to being someone's bitch.

Location hidden

#14123 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because workers are replaceable, CEO's are not. Like talented athletes, actors and actresses, musicians, they are not a dime a dozen.
Sure, there are CEO's who don't have a record of doing a bang-up job, so they get paid less. Like all the other positions I mentioned, you need a successful record to call your own shots. It's assumed that your past performances reflect your future performance. In some cases, it doesn't work out that way.
Many musicians are paid nothing by the recording company they sign with. If their recording is very successful, they make their money on concerts--not how many recordings they sell. Once they have a history of a successful CD, then they can negotiate their new contract for the second recording. If they make a deal for one million dollars to record with that company, and the release is a total flop, they still get their one million dollars.
It's called climbing the ladder. If a CEO gets three million dollars in bonuses, and he or she performs less than expected, that three million dollars is guaranteed in their contract.
Union workers also have a contract, but too often Management is pulling a "Bain" and screwing them out of their benefits.
Rmoney taught them well.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14124 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this have to do with the election?
Union employees don't just sit home. Some do, but many are out on the picket line making threats to anybody who crosses it. Trust me, I've crossed picket lines before to pick up or deliver products to their company.
No union wishes to close up their shop? Then why have I seen them do so many times in the past?
I remember one customer of ours. It was a printing shop near downtown. I learned that they were packing up shop to head down south. While on a delivery there, I spoke with a few of the workers who were on break sitting outside. I asked why they didn't accept the company's offer and opted to lose their jobs? They explained that's the union way. They may lose their jobs, but the union will find them another one. It was a small shop--no more than fifteen people working there, but their union DID opt to close the shop down.
Unions lose when that happens, but what they gain is a reputation for all other shops that have the same union. That's what I suspect with this bakers union. They are not just in Hostess, they are probably in many other baked goods factories as well. So now the owners or corporations who have these unions knows they mean business. They are willing to close a place down before backing down.
If you were a slave, you would be the guy who worked in the house telling everyone else how kind the master was and you were all lucky that you had a nice master and not a mean one like they had down the river.

Location hidden

#14125 Nov 21, 2012
Election is over, but Husted and others are laying groundwork to split Ohios' Electoral Votes. Had this been in place 11/06/2012, Rmoney would have taken 12 of our 18 Electoral Votes, Rmoney would have been given Ohio even though Obama won the popular vote.
Please go and sign this Petition. I realize it is 4 years early, but Evil never sleeps, and so us good people cannot afford a vacation.
Please help us out. Sign, forward, tweet, etc.
Thanks, CDC

Petition | Dismiss Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted: Jon ... www.change.org/petitions/dismiss-ohio-secreta... ...

"I guess I really actually feel we shouldn't contort the voting process to accommodate the urban — read African-American — voter-turnout machine....
Remove Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted - MoveOn.org ... pol.moveon.org/removehusted

Will you sign this petition to remove Secretary Husted from office? A compiled petition with your individual comment will be presented to Ohio Governor John ...
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14126 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't referring to you. If you weren't so insufferably stupid you would know that.
Then Do NOT throw my name into your response since it doesn't lend to your point without be more clear. Talk about insufferably stupid!!!
IF you have a point to make, stick on topic to make it & more people would pick up on your point. They might even have an idea as to what YOU are trying to say.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14127 Nov 21, 2012
Looking around, I found this on the net:

Hostess Brands goes out of business after employees say no wage cut

Hostess Bakery struggling with production issues and net income, refused to accept BCTGM Union proposal to keep existing wage rates and to restore the pension plan.

Gregory F. Rayburn, CEO, says the recent loss of bakery production from the strike worsened the unmet economic obligations. Frustrated at the unions and workers he publicly announced that he is closing Hostess Brands Bakery which includes 18,000 job eliminations and "closure of 33 bakeries, 565 distribution centers, approximately 5,500 delivery routes and 570 bakery outlet stores throughout the United States."

View slideshow: No more Twinkies: Hostess Bakery closes doors after Union dispute

The primary issues cited by owner Rayburn was the looming cost of healthcare, union wages, and pension plans. The company already had issues at their production plants which were not operating at optimal levels. The cost per product was increasing with slow production. Union operations complicated production, pay, management. 83 percent of Hostess Brand's 18,500 employees were subject to 360 collective bargaining agreements with 12 separate unions.

Rayburn proposed to the unions the following offer according to BCTGM:

Hostess Brands Proposal:

An immediate 8 percent wage reduction and elimination of the eight-hour work day.
401k plan beginning 2015,
Employee healthcare cost sharing 20 percent increase,
Elimination of the employees’ W-1 (retiree Medigap insurance) and P-Plan (a pension supplement used to pay health and funeral costs);
Closure of additional plants (10-12) without reporting reasons to the unions.
$100 million to union in the form of 25 percent equity stake in Hostess Brands
Union Proposal:

Current pay rates stay
Begin 401k now
Pay back their pension amount
Without agreeable negotiation legal action will continue.
Stop labor until agreement made.

http://www.examiner.com/article/hostess-brand...

At least according to this article, not only would they refuse a pay cut, but they demanded their pensions back. They also decided to strike (or as they say, stop labor) unless these demands were met.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14128 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if that were true, I would prefer that to being someone's bitch.
Does that include being governments bitch?

Location hidden

#14129 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
Hostess Bakery struggling with production issues and net income, refused to accept BCTGM Union proposal to keep existing wage rates and to restore the pension plan.
Gregory F. Rayburn, CEO, says the recent loss of bakery production from the strike worsened the unmet economic obligations. Frustrated at the unions and workers he publicly announced that he is closing Hostess Brands Bakery which includes 18,000 job eliminations and "closure of 33 bakeries, 565 distribution centers, approximately 5,500 delivery routes and 570 bakery outlet stores throughout the United States."
View slideshow: No more Twinkies: Hostess Bakery closes doors after Union dispute
The primary issues cited by owner Rayburn was the looming cost of healthcare, union wages, and pension plans. The company already had issues at their production plants which were not operating at optimal levels. The cost per product was increasing with slow production. Union operations complicated production, pay, management. 83 percent of Hostess Brand's 18,500 employees were subject to 360 collective bargaining agreements with 12 separate unions.
Hostess Brands Proposal:
An immediate 8 percent wage reduction and elimination of the eight-hour work day.
Elimination of the employees’ W-1 (retiree Medigap insurance) and P-Plan (a pension supplement used to pay health and funeral costs);
Union Proposal:
Current pay rates stay
Begin 401k now
At least according to this article, not only would they refuse a pay cut, but they demanded their pensions back. They also decided to strike (or as they say, stop labor) unless these demands were met.
They did the same thing in 04. It is bad management. We will be stuck once again with the Gov backed pensions. Management will walk away with millions.

Location hidden

#14130 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
Hostess Brands Proposal:
Union Proposal:
Current pay rates stay
Begin 401k now
Twinkies Defense Is Private Equity's Pension Offense: Street ... www.thestreet.com/story/11771361/1/twinkies-d... ...

2 days ago ... The Hostess liquidation may prove how hedge funds can score profits by hoisting pensions onto taxpayers.... as both parties return to the negotiation table on a pay and benefit deal that could keep the company in business.]...

Since: Aug 12

Smyrna, GA

#14131 Nov 21, 2012
Don't think for a second any of the same employees will go back to work there. Especially in the dumbass secondary union that totally screwed the pooch.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14133 Nov 21, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Don't think for a second any of the same employees will go back to work there. Especially in the dumbass secondary union that totally screwed the pooch.
Right, because Bill Clinton is the one that Screwed the Union Workers by Classifying Strike workers into two groups, unfair or economical and its clear that they are economical strikers and by Federal Law the strikers can be terminated and be replaced by new permanent replacement workers but if they were unfair labor practice strikers then they could not be replaced, but yes definitely they are done because its has to do with economics or money and why they went on strike to begin with.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#14134 Nov 21, 2012
Bushwhacked !!
Thomas Scutillo

Aberdeen, OH

#14135 Nov 22, 2012
if you fill up a ghost town with people from the "class room" they can run the town... with just rules too! wow and stuff.. where do i sign up for the food stamps?
Thomas Scutillo

Aberdeen, OH

#14136 Nov 22, 2012
first you map the whole ghost town out with laws...lots and lots of laws....and you follow them...and thats what makes the WHOLE TOWN WORK so you make more laws... so it works BETTER and stuff
Thomas Scutillo

Aberdeen, OH

#14137 Nov 22, 2012
if I had a education,,,,, I could git me sum of dat too
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14138 Nov 22, 2012
Just a couple of points about hedge funds & capital investments companies that so many seem to demonize. ONE, When a company gets involved with their financing there is already a hand on the 'flush handle' & this is their last resort. Sometimes it is simply too late.The risk is high so the cost is high whether the efforts are successful or not.
TWO, Such efforts are LEGAL !! They are the end results of legislation created by EVERY party's past efforts & continued efforts or lack of efforts to change those laws.
THREE. Don't demonize those companies for their LAWFUL business actions.
IF you don't like them, don't whine about them in any way except to petition your/our legislators to change those laws. GOOD LUCK with that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elyria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. senator seeks national caffeine powder ban Mon Disgusted 5
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
Jessica coleman today? (Feb '12) Sep 11 marisako 55
Now Michelle Obama Has Caused America's 'Best C... Sep 4 fedupwiththemess 2
Douglas D. Deshuk Aug 27 Jim Driver 1
Donald Lee Betts (Aug '07) Aug 21 Nicole 74
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug '14 gary 2,230
•••
•••
•••

Elyria Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Elyria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••