r u kidding me

United States

#13993 Nov 20, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pointing out that your source is about as accurate as asking Hitler "facts" about the Jews. Every bit of information you get from the Heritage Institute comes with a healthy heaping of propaganda and a history of altering research information to match their own agenda. The fact that you posted the exact organization that is responsible for all the misinformation on climate change was just an added bonus. If you have been playing along, you would see that it is a common argument on this thread. The fact that you had no idea about any of this, when using a website funded by oil billionaires, tells me perhaps you should look for more unbiased sources when posting links. I'm sure Glenn Beck also has alot to say about this year's elections but only an idiot would base their reality off of it.
look I was simply browsing for an article that referenced how many reegistered voters didn't vote. If I referenced cnn would that be any different? " Former CNN correspondent turned whistleblower, Amber Lyon, analyzes CNN’s response to a series of stories that ran in the Guardian that expose how the network is earning money from oppressive regimes in exchange for creating and airing content that casts a favorable light on the regimes. The stories also revealed CNN International refused to air CNN’s own award-winning documentary,‘iRevolution’, a documentary exposing the Bahrain regime’s brutal crackdown on pro-democracy protesters." If you want to discredit what I referenced from the post, ok. Do it. But what you're trying to do is silly. Its a fact many rregistersd voters didn't vote. Bias source or not. All your bickering about secondhand smoke is way off point. I'm just going to reference whatever I want and if you can prove the point wrong ( like post a reference that says otherwise) then ok.
Beside the point though. Don't you think the cnn offense is wprse than an op ed about secondhand smoke? Lol!
Btw if our government didn't know where bin laden was, how did cnn know and get an interview with him.
Bbtw its impossible to reference a source who won't have some kind of bias you're an idiot. http://www.whoownsthenews.com/
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13994 Nov 20, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
Man, it is obvious by the numbers that the economy is heading in the right direction. You guys need to ignore what you have been taught by propaganda for so many years and help make this country great again. There is a way to make everyone win. It would take both sides to see that. Just in our infrastructure alone there is huge job potential and huge money to be made. The upcoming health care shortage brought on by baby boomers is an incredible opportunity for America to rise above it's global competitors. People need to come out of their end times Bible bunkers and lend a hand to these things. Who cares if gays want to marry? We've got whole cites to rebuild and if we don't take disaster and turn it into opportunity, we will end up being an army for hire economy. As far as caring about the environmental damage caused by the energy industry, this is done out of a rock solid belief that younger generations deserve better than a bunch of old money telling them that they don't get a turn at bat because they are so important that only the end of the world and the return of Jesus can sum up their greatness.
Infrastructure doesn't make money, it costs money. We are broke and have been for some time now. Our deficits have been over a trillion dollars a year for the last four years and there is no end in sight. Taxing the people making over 250K is no answer because that only gets us about 80 billion a year which is a little over 5% of our deficit not to mention it doesn't do anything for our debt.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13995 Nov 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not the conservative stance. Food stamps, Medicaid, welfare, even HUD are all fine programs provided that they are not abused or used as a lifestyle. That's what Republicans complain about. You will find few conservatives who say we should end all social programs for every single individual.
The problem is that Democrats want to see more government dependents because it means more likely Democrat voters. And when Republicans object, the left lies as usual and says because we want to end abuse, we want all social programs eliminated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bavou_SEj1EXX
So let me get this straight. The Left is wrong about what is in Conservatives minds because, of course, who can't read someone else's mind. But you know what is in the minds of the Democrats, because.... Ok, Rush.
standing firm

Massillon, OH

#13996 Nov 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it's the world of being a commodity investor for several years. When you make investments with your own money, you do a lot of leg work to protect your investment and to insure you understand what you're investing in. Even Rush has been inaccurate on this subject many times.
Nobodies saying demand doesn't have an impact ,it does. Why are prices volatile? Because of interruptions in the SUPPLY chain.
You are so stupid.
Investor? Give me a break. Get lost.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13997 Nov 20, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
There are only two questions that apply to mine, Che's and your posts re oil.
Do Oil Companies receive subsidies from our tax dollars to the tune of 4 Billion dollars? Yes.
Are Oil companies raking in Record PROFITS, Not GROSS, but PROFITS?
YES.
Also don't believe the crap about them spending exhorbitant amounts of money on Green Rnergy exploration.
Once again, Factcheck.org :

Oil Company Tax Breaks?

Both leading Democratic candidates have referred to tax breaks to oil companies:

Clinton, July 23, 2007: First of all, I have proposed a strategic energy fund that I would fund by taking away the tax break for the oil companies, which have gotten much greater under Bush and Cheney.

Obama, June 22, 2007: In the face of furious lobbying, Congress brushed aside incentives for the production of more renewable fuels in favor of more tax breaks for the oil and gas companies.

Both candidates are referring to H.R. 6, the 2005 energy bill that contained $14.3 billion in subsidies for energy companies. However, as we’ve reported numerous times, a vast majority of those subsidies (all but $2.8 billion) were for nuclear power, energy-efficient cars and buildings, and renewable fuels research. In addition, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service, the tax changes in the 2005 energy bill produced a net tax increase for the oil and gas companies, as we’ve reported time and time and time again. They did get some breaks, but they had more taken away.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/oil-and-gas-...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#13998 Nov 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm tired of paying for Big Bird and Planned Parenthood. Do we have a deal?
Like all so-called subsidies, if I don't get those write-offs, I have to increase my rental rates for my tenants to make up that loss. Most renters are not well-to-do people. Why would you want to make it harder for them to survive? That's typical of you heartless liberals.
No you won't raise your rent. See, if you raise your rent, people won't rent your apartments. Then you won't be able to pay all those mortgages. So you will either have to sell or reduce your rent to a rate that the market will accomodate. See how that works?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#13999 Nov 20, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So let me get this straight. The Left is wrong about what is in Conservatives minds because, of course, who can't read someone else's mind. But you know what is in the minds of the Democrats, because.... Ok, Rush.
No, because Democrat politicians constantly lie. Ryan wanted to restructure Medicare, and Democrats ran a commercial of granny being wheeled off the cliff in a wheelchair. Prior to that, Bush wanted people to have an option as to where a small portion of their SS money can go. Democrats yelled that Bush wanted to take elderly peoples SS money away. When Republicans came up with the idea of block granting money for the school lunch program and welfare, the Democrats claimed Republicans wanted to starve children and let poor people die.

This has been going on for decades. Democrats are severely threatened when Republicans find better ways of doing things that involves less federal government. Democrats don't want less government dependency. That's how they keep power. Our most recent election makes that very clear.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14000 Nov 20, 2012
standing firm wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobodies saying demand doesn't have an impact ,it does. Why are prices volatile? Because of interruptions in the SUPPLY chain.
You are so stupid.
Investor? Give me a break. Get lost.
You're like a garbage man on an airplane trying to tell the pilot how to fly. Maybe if you stopped thinking you know everything and tried to learn from others once in a while, you wouldn't appear so stupid when you post.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14001 Nov 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Infrastructure doesn't make money, it costs money. We are broke and have been for some time now. Our deficits have been over a trillion dollars a year for the last four years and there is no end in sight. Taxing the people making over 250K is no answer because that only gets us about 80 billion a year which is a little over 5% of our deficit not to mention it doesn't do anything for our debt.
More revenue doesn't do anything about our debt? Really?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14002 Nov 20, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No you won't raise your rent. See, if you raise your rent, people won't rent your apartments. Then you won't be able to pay all those mortgages. So you will either have to sell or reduce your rent to a rate that the market will accomodate. See how that works?
Then where will these people live? Under a bridge? Most don't have the credit history or down payment for a home, and many don't have the income to buy a home even if they had a down payment and a good credit history.

Unless somebody takes away my write-offs alone, all landlords would increase the price of their rental units. We all go up. In fact, that's what's happening right now. You can't even find a good rent today whereas just a year or so ago, rental units were a dime a dozen and we were competing against each other.

It's a good illustration of what happens in all markets when you increase taxes or take away write-offs.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14003 Nov 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, Factcheck.org :
Oil Company Tax Breaks?
Both leading Democratic candidates have referred to tax breaks to oil companies:
Clinton, July 23, 2007: First of all, I have proposed a strategic energy fund that I would fund by taking away the tax break for the oil companies, which have gotten much greater under Bush and Cheney.
Obama, June 22, 2007: In the face of furious lobbying, Congress brushed aside incentives for the production of more renewable fuels in favor of more tax breaks for the oil and gas companies.
Both candidates are referring to H.R. 6, the 2005 energy bill that contained $14.3 billion in subsidies for energy companies. However, as we’ve reported numerous times, a vast majority of those subsidies (all but $2.8 billion) were for nuclear power, energy-efficient cars and buildings, and renewable fuels research. In addition, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service, the tax changes in the 2005 energy bill produced a net tax increase for the oil and gas companies, as we’ve reported time and time and time again. They did get some breaks, but they had more taken away.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/oil-and-gas-...
That is about one specific piece of legislation not every oil subsidy.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14004 Nov 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because Democrat politicians constantly lie. Ryan wanted to restructure Medicare, and Democrats ran a commercial of granny being wheeled off the cliff in a wheelchair. Prior to that, Bush wanted people to have an option as to where a small portion of their SS money can go. Democrats yelled that Bush wanted to take elderly peoples SS money away. When Republicans came up with the idea of block granting money for the school lunch program and welfare, the Democrats claimed Republicans wanted to starve children and let poor people die.
This has been going on for decades. Democrats are severely threatened when Republicans find better ways of doing things that involves less federal government. Democrats don't want less government dependency. That's how they keep power. Our most recent election makes that very clear.
You are still firmly ensconsed in the bubble. You just keep right on believing that characters like Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are looking out for people like you.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14005 Nov 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You're like a garbage man on an airplane trying to tell the pilot how to fly. Maybe if you stopped thinking you know everything and tried to learn from others once in a while, you wouldn't appear so stupid when you post.
Yes. We should all ignore what trained experts say and listen to the box truck driver from Maple Heights. After all, who would know better about matters of science and the economy and prediction, trained scientists, statisticians and economists or a box truck driver?
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#14006 Nov 20, 2012
r u kidding me wrote:
<quoted text> look I was simply browsing for an article that referenced how many reegistered voters didn't vote. If I referenced cnn would that be any different? " Former CNN correspondent turned whistleblower, Amber Lyon, analyzes CNN’s response to a series of stories that ran in the Guardian that expose how the network is earning money from oppressive regimes in exchange for creating and airing content that casts a favorable light on the regimes. The stories also revealed CNN International refused to air CNN’s own award-winning documentary,‘iRevolution’, a documentary exposing the Bahrain regime’s brutal crackdown on pro-democracy protesters." If you want to discredit what I referenced from the post, ok. Do it. But what you're trying to do is silly. Its a fact many rregistersd voters didn't vote. Bias source or not. All your bickering about secondhand smoke is way off point. I'm just going to reference whatever I want and if you can prove the point wrong ( like post a reference that says otherwise) then ok.
Beside the point though. Don't you think the cnn offense is wprse than an op ed about secondhand smoke? Lol!
Btw if our government didn't know where bin laden was, how did cnn know and get an interview with him.
Bbtw its impossible to reference a source who won't have some kind of bias you're an idiot. http://www.whoownsthenews.com/
The Heritage Founation is the most biased Tea Bagging site on the internet. Just because you are too stupid to know this, by no means makes me an idiot. The fact that you were even using that site to prove your point speaks volumes about your ignorance.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14007 Nov 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then where will these people live? Under a bridge? Most don't have the credit history or down payment for a home, and many don't have the income to buy a home even if they had a down payment and a good credit history.
Unless somebody takes away my write-offs alone, all landlords would increase the price of their rental units. We all go up. In fact, that's what's happening right now. You can't even find a good rent today whereas just a year or so ago, rental units were a dime a dozen and we were competing against each other.
It's a good illustration of what happens in all markets when you increase taxes or take away write-offs.
That's happening now? Because all of your write-offs have been taken away and your taxes have been raised?

People found places to live before you inherited a couple of houses. They will find places to live when you stomp your feet and raise your rent. You aren't that important.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#14008 Nov 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and we have all seen that Bush's war was free and trickle down is the answer. Wonder how American voters feel about your solutions...?
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#14009 Nov 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the stock market going up like it is right now or are you talking about home sales increasing, which they are right now? Let's ask the decreasing unemployment rate how it feels about your predictions. Or I could just ask my two seperate friends who have just purchased homes. Their last homes were forclosed on back when Bush was "fixing" our nation. If Reality wasn't busy hiding under his bed, this would be the part where he brags about his garage being nicer than people's homes, followed by him crying about his white man's oppression.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14010 Nov 20, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's happening now? Because all of your write-offs have been taken away and your taxes have been raised?
People found places to live before you inherited a couple of houses. They will find places to live when you stomp your feet and raise your rent. You aren't that important.
Okay, where will they go? We have very few choices when it comes to where we want to live. You either live with somebody else such as a relative or friend, get an apartment or get a house. That's it.

Rentals are going up in price for a couple reasons: first of all, it's supply and demand. Because of the stricter regulations on home loans, it's difficult for many to meet the new standards. Others screwed their credit rating for many years because they lost their homes in foreclosure after the housing bubble. Some who were able to sell their home and barely get out holding their azz don't want to take that chance again. It's just smarter to rent.

Another reason is the federal government. The EPA decided our water doesn't meet their standards even though we were quite happy with our water here. The improvements needed will increase our water and sewer bills over 50% in the next five years. That cost gets passed on to the tenants like all other costs do. Currently I pay $2,500 a year just in water bills alone. Thanks to our federal government, water will now be an expensive commodity.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14011 Nov 20, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. We should all ignore what trained experts say and listen to the box truck driver from Maple Heights. After all, who would know better about matters of science and the economy and prediction, trained scientists, statisticians and economists or a box truck driver?
Who should we listen to? A guy who sits at home watching television all day?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14012 Nov 20, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, where will they go? We have very few choices when it comes to where we want to live. You either live with somebody else such as a relative or friend, get an apartment or get a house. That's it.
Rentals are going up in price for a couple reasons: first of all, it's supply and demand. Because of the stricter regulations on home loans, it's difficult for many to meet the new standards. Others screwed their credit rating for many years because they lost their homes in foreclosure after the housing bubble. Some who were able to sell their home and barely get out holding their azz don't want to take that chance again. It's just smarter to rent.
Another reason is the federal government. The EPA decided our water doesn't meet their standards even though we were quite happy with our water here. The improvements needed will increase our water and sewer bills over 50% in the next five years. That cost gets passed on to the tenants like all other costs do. Currently I pay $2,500 a year just in water bills alone. Thanks to our federal government, water will now be an expensive commodity.
I imagine they will go to someplace nicer than the shithole you live in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elyria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica coleman today? (Feb '12) Fri Don Diaz 56
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
U.S. senator seeks national caffeine powder ban Sep 15 Disgusted 5
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
Now Michelle Obama Has Caused America's 'Best C... Sep 4 fedupwiththemess 2
Douglas D. Deshuk Aug 27 Jim Driver 1
Donald Lee Betts (Aug '07) Aug '14 Nicole 74
•••

Rip Current Statement for Lorain County was issued at September 22 at 9:46AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Elyria Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Elyria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Elyria News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elyria