Man opens BB gun shooting range for children

Jul 5, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Repository

“I expect a big outcry. I do. So what? Our founding fathers went against the grain. I can take the heat”

ELYRIA, Ohio In an effort to bring back a tradition from his own childhood, an 84-year-old man has created a BB gun shooting range for children. via The Repository

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jul 18, 2011
no name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

Judged:

hay where is it i want to take my kids there
Russ from N Ridgeville

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2007

Judged:

It's about time.Kids need to know gun safety,where else can they go but to a gun range.It's better then having them find "Dads gun" and getting hurt.I just want to say Thank You to the person that did open the range for kids. You are saving someone from losing someone.
Mary

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Judged:

I agree. Why not? It's ONLY a bb gun for heaven's sake! It sounds like the man has all the safety precautions set up. My brother used to take his children to a shooting range and they weren't shooting bb guns! They both, as a result, have a good healthy respect for guns and know how to use them safely.
Slava

Libertyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Great idea, I want to open one in IL too. Can you please share your experience.

Best regards.
My Kids

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Where is this range ?

I want to sign-up my kids and the neighbors kids also
Barbie

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

This is a really smart idea! All the time you hear about kids getting shot or shooting someone because they were playing around with a gun. If they'd had someone teach them about the guns, they would have known better. Just telling a kid not to do something only makes them want to do it more. If you show a kid why they shouldn't do something, they are more likely not to, because they know what could happen. This is probably the smartest thing someone has done for kids in a while. My dad taught me to shoot when I was six, right after my older brother almost killed me when he found our dad's shotgun. Because of that, I know not to fool around with guns because
I know what they can do. And as a couple added bonuses, I'm not afraid to be walking around NYC at two am and I'm the best of my friends at paintball!
caroline

Warrington, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

great idea, this man deserves all the support he can get. My 10 yr old son would be esstatic if he could join, there is nothing like this available in my area. please let me know more info!
RetiredArmyNCO

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2008

Judged:

I remember shooting my BB gun when i was a kid. The first time I hit the soda can was a proud thing to me. When my facther decided at 7yrs old I was old enough to shoot it by myself in the backyard I felt grown up. One day i shot a bluejay. My father took my BB gun away and cooked the Bluejay and I had to eat it. That was the last time I shot anything that I wasn't supposed to.
Even now, after shooting large caliber weapons, blackpowder and machineguns, I still enjoy shooting a BB gun in the backyard. I taught my kids, and i will teach my grandaughter when she is old enough. Not one of my children, any of the 6, ever dissappointed my trust in them.
Kudo's to this gentleman, I hope he does well.
KILLZONE619

Belfast, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

I have opened a private air gun club in my home town Belfast and i think that all the bad hype is insane, so what if its dangerous you always here about people getting seriously injured and even killed but these people are inexeperiance and untrained. I hope this man does really well and when used properly bb guns are really fun.
david belfast

Newtownabbey, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2008

fair play 2 ya mate hope it all works out 4 ya.. at least all the kids can shoot at a target and not other kids... never mind wot other people say they r just jealous that u didnt it b4 them..
anurag

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

faltu
Michael

Satellite Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Great idea! I thought about this idea years ago. I hope it pays off. I grew up with BB guns and still have a Red Ryder and a pellet rifle. It's American all the way!
I'm still thinking of putting together a BB safari adventure, but that takes more land than is at my immediate disposal...
Ocelot

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

where is this? im in iowa right now dad just bought me an air rifle and i want to shoot here. other places like the campground wont let me...
no name

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Ocelot wrote:
where is this? im in iowa right now dad just bought me an air rifle and i want to shoot here. other places like the campground wont let me...
sorry this is in ohio
Killer Punch

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

where is the shooting range i want to test my skillz

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elyria Discussions

Search the Elyria Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 13 min Reality Speaks 29,348
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Sat Go Blue Forever 2,218
Jessica coleman today? (Feb '12) Sat no name 48
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill a Spook 231
Alfred Cleveland (middle) pleads to William Ave... (Feb '08) Jul 18 HELP LOCATE AVERY JR 4
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun 27 Bobby Nye 178
AERT Hit With Class Action Suit Over ChoiceDeck (Mar '08) Jun '14 Mickey D 158
•••

Rip Current Statement for Lorain County was issued at July 28 at 9:22AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Elyria Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••