Man opens BB gun shooting range for c...

Man opens BB gun shooting range for children

There are 13 comments on the News Journal story from Jul 4, 2007, titled Man opens BB gun shooting range for children. In it, News Journal reports that:

“I expect a big outcry. I do. So what? Our founding fathers went against the grain. I can take the heat”

ELYRIA, Ohio - In an effort to bring back a tradition from his own childhood, an 84-year-old man has created a BB gun shooting range for children. via News Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Journal.

“I won't pay health insurance”

Since: Jun 07

Wenatchee, WA

#1 Jul 5, 2007
This is a clever idea. Kids living in apartment complexes in the inner city probaly don't get the chance to ever go BB gun shooting. I don't think anyone under 21 years old should have to be accompanied by a parent though. That policy is a bit extreme. I see kids as young as 12 shooting real firearms without their parents at the local range here all the time.
no name

United States

#2 Jul 6, 2007
i want to take my kids there

GunShowOnTheNet

“Shall NOT be infringed.”

Since: Dec 06

Phoenix, AZ.

#3 Jul 6, 2007
Alex wrote:
This is a clever idea. Kids living in apartment complexes in the inner city probaly don't get the chance to ever go BB gun shooting. I don't think anyone under 21 years old should have to be accompanied by a parent though. That policy is a bit extreme. I see kids as young as 12 shooting real firearms without their parents at the local range here all the time.
You got that right bud.

“The past defines the future”

Since: Jul 07

Beijing, China

#4 Jul 8, 2007
Teach your children well!

Ahh so!
g-rat

United States

#5 Jul 8, 2007
forget BB guns it should be AK-47's and hunting rifles that will knock them on their ass..who agrees...lol

“ABOUT AS DUMB AS THEIR SIGN”

Since: May 07

Wichita, KS

#6 Jul 8, 2007
When I was in school we had a shooting club that the school sponsored.
We could bring our guns to school as long as we left them unloaded until we were at the range that happen to be in the school basement.
To many kids grow up and never even see a gun let alone shoot one.
They are taught that guns are bad and evil. Never taught what a gun is and how to use one.
g-rat

United States

#7 Jul 8, 2007
Absurdly opinionated wrote:
When I was in school we had a shooting club that the school sponsored.
We could bring our guns to school as long as we left them unloaded until we were at the range that happen to be in the school basement.
To many kids grow up and never even see a gun let alone shoot one.
They are taught that guns are bad and evil. Never taught what a gun is and how to use one.
i know..my dad was in a gun club also..in NEW YORK!! haha..i was taught about guns from a young age...and my kids will be taught about them too..you sound like an intelligent person nice to talk to one of those for once :)
dog

Hartlepool, UK

#8 Jan 21, 2008
i think its good i like guns
dre

North Royalton, OH

#9 Jan 21, 2008
i wont to lern how but my mom said i will never need to use one and my dad has deer heads on his house
no name

Walnut Springs, TX

#10 Jan 21, 2008
dre wrote:
i wont to lern how but my mom said i will never need to use one and my dad has deer heads on his house
talk to your dad no your mom
keinde

Chicago, IL

#11 Oct 14, 2008
im just 11 and i love guns even though i have never even seen as much as a bb gun or paint ball gun or a real one to the most.
supra457

Indio, CA

#12 Jul 6, 2011
Im 12 and ive held an M9 a german berreta an m14 and a 44 magnum.... but i still want t shoot one their all my uncles:)
Sicilianu

Fredericksburg, VA

#13 Jul 6, 2011
GunShowOnTheNet wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right bud.
Great to see you my friend! Hope all is well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elyria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You're all wrong! 13 hr Tarib2 1
heather maroney Aug 17 WestVee 1
News Woman, 70, whacks intruder in head with sauce pan (Feb '09) Aug 15 Sherwin Nelson 3
Outrage, Man threatened police families, after OVI Aug 15 Sherwin Nelson 1
Lorain man threatened Elyria police and still w... Aug 15 Shirley Wilson 1
Zee, facing F3 charges after Indictment and a d... Aug 15 Greg Henderson 1
dead beat dads/moms (Nov '14) Aug 15 Sara Willamette 2

Elyria Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elyria Mortgages