City unfair to only gay bar in Lorain County, OH

Full story: Gay news blog 23
Armed with signs calling Mayor Craig Foltin ''homophobic,'' three demonstrators at last night's City Council meeting alleged that city officials are discriminating against the city's only gay bar. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not Your Typical Liberal

Wichita Falls, TX

#1 May 25, 2006
I used to live in Lorain. If I remember the parking correctly in front of the bar, there's Lakescreen Printing nearby and a drug store that are allowed to have parking in front of their stores. I've parked in front of Lakescreen on numerous occasions. Isn't there a storefront church there also? What makes the space in front of Tim's any different?
Whatever In Lorain

Wayland, OH

#2 May 18, 2007
Tim's place sucks.I wish it would change owners instead of it's name. Tim is an ass. I hope he goes out of business. What a ghetto dive!!!
Tims Place

AOL

#3 Jan 18, 2008
Whatever In Lorain wrote:
Tim's place sucks.I wish it would change owners instead of it's name. Tim is an ass. I hope he goes out of business. What a ghetto dive!!!
Loser. If you don't like me or my club, don't come in! You sound like a bitter queen and quite the loser. Open your own gay club if you don't like mine. If you can't do that, get a life. Tim.
no name

Glen Rose, TX

#4 Jan 21, 2008
Tims Place wrote:
<quoted text>
Loser. If you don't like me or my club, don't come in! You sound like a bitter queen and quite the loser. Open your own gay club if you don't like mine. If you can't do that, get a life. Tim.
hay i love your place its a blast keep doing a great job
Juni

Dover, OH

#5 Jan 29, 2008
I say they should leave Tim's alone. Tim is a wonderful person, a great bar owner, and goes out of his way to make sure no trouble is caused there. So what if they park in front of the bar at night, big deal. It's been that way for many years.
melynda

AOL

#6 Mar 29, 2008
Been in Lorain for a year and getting tired of driving to Cleveland to go to a club. Looked online and saw Tim's place..drove to it but was not opened. Does anyone have idea when it opens? Also the number is disconnected. Thank you for your time.
Tim

AOL

#7 Apr 10, 2008
Tim's Place is open Wednesday - Sunday at 8:00 PM closed Mondays and closed Tuesdays till the patio opens. Phone is four four zero two four six nine zero zero two.
uknown

Hermitage, PA

#8 Sep 18, 2008
tim's place is unfair to people period. if i could i would sue! i went in there once and was forced to buy a drink or out the door. thats not fair some people go to a bar to chill to forget the problems or chat with friends. some can't afford to buy a drink every 5 seconds. life is not fair yes but so is is tim's place. thank god cleveland is so much nicer!
TimsPlace

AOL

#9 Nov 10, 2008
uknown wrote:
tim's place is unfair to people period. if i could i would sue! i went in there once and was forced to buy a drink or out the door. thats not fair some people go to a bar to chill to forget the problems or chat with friends. some can't afford to buy a drink every 5 seconds. life is not fair yes but so is is tim's place. thank god cleveland is so much nicer!
Tim's Place is in business to sell drinks! Sorry if you were ask to leave but those are the club rules. If you have no money, why would you go to a bar in the first place? It's fair to the people who come in with money and don't want to be bothered by people who bum drinks and money. No money, then don't come in. It's as simple as that.
Jeff_Thoughts

AOL

#10 Mar 12, 2010
Tim's is and has been for a very long time, the only constant homosexual friendly bar in Lorain. How he does it in this city and economy I do not know, but he does. I respect that, I hope you do also.
Sincerely
Jeff
stranger

Santee, CA

#13 Jan 12, 2011
I wish Tim's place would open earlier, like two or three p.m. but no later than 5pm. Some gay guys like to unwind with a couple of drinks after work, you know to take the edge off. Forget the straight bars, girls are always eyeing me or trying to start a conversation, I should be impressed but no, I'm not, it makes me uncomfortable.
michael

United States

#14 Jan 25, 2011
omg. i have been a fan of tim's place since 1990. i've since moved to florida in 1996. that was a place that i could go to be me and i know tim personally, but after reading your post tim, i'm quite disturbingly moved by them. you were always a sweethear. what happened?
sick of paying

Elyria, OH

#15 May 2, 2011
IF that is true, keep your gay azz out of there. No one is forcing you to go there.
Rainbow in Lorain

Elyria, OH

#16 Aug 3, 2011
Not Your Typical Liberal wrote:
I used to live in Lorain. If I remember the parking correctly in front of the bar, there's Lakescreen Printing nearby and a drug store that are allowed to have parking in front of their stores. I've parked in front of Lakescreen on numerous occasions. Isn't there a storefront church there also? What makes the space in front of Tim's any different?
I think you are thinkimg of the old Crayons. Tim's used to be the Serpent Night Club. Tim's is directly next to a locksmith company, and directly across the street from Lifecare ems services.
Rainbow in Lorain

Elyria, OH

#17 Aug 3, 2011
I have to kind of agree with whatever here a little bit. Tim is an ass, he is only nice to you if you are a gay man or a worker of his. If you quit he will talk shit and say that he fired you, stole from him, etc.

You see that he only replies to the negative comments, when asked what happened to him not being a sweetheart by Michael he never replied, yet when a negative comment comes up like whatever in Lorain's, Tim was quick to call him a loser. I never had a problem with Tim personally, but I have heard him badmouth former employees and former bar patrons. That is one of the reasons that I stopped going. Ever stop and think Tim, that could be one of the many reasons people stopped supporting your bar, and started driving to other cities to support other gay bars?

Not to mention, you really do not put any money into the bar. You have wood blocks in place of missing bricks, you put an air hockey table on the dance floor, and to cover the hole in the flooring that had already previously been there for years prior to that nonsense. I know because I danced around it many times wondering when you would actually fix it. You would rather hear what you like than the DJ keeping up with what is current. That is when the DJ was actually in the booth doing their job and not out on the floor getting drunk, leaving huge gaps in between already shitty song choices. The bathrooms are disgusting. I have had friends complain to me that Tim came onto them in the bathroom. This list could go on and on. The community let Tim down because he let them down. The bar is what suffers now, the patio has always been amazing, too bad the rest of the bar doesn't follow suit. Stop pointing fingers(when you point one, there are three more pointing back at you), and just take responsibility for your own actions and mistakes, and stop blaming the gay community.
sick of paying

Elyria, OH

#18 Aug 6, 2011
you don't like it==stay out!!
non lesbo

Greenville, PA

#19 Oct 29, 2011
Jeff_Thoughts wrote:
Tim's is and has been for a very long time, the only constant homosexual friendly bar in Lorain. How he does it in this city and economy I do not know, but he does. I respect that, I hope you do also.
Sincerely
Jeff
Seems like Tim is a big bag of douche, and very defensive. It appears to be home to the ghetto and trailer trash of the gay world.. I'd make the trip to Cleveland any day. I'd fart on ya, but afraid it'd turn you on..
mii

Cleveland, OH

#20 May 10, 2012
uknown wrote:
you should go to dejavu nightclub its right down the street from tims place and is open and fun the bartenders are sexy and they serve up some great drinks.
Bethy

Lorain, OH

#21 Apr 4, 2013
I have been to Tim's bar severaly times and i must say that i was disappointed. The reason why is cause Im straight and Tim would never speak or acknowledge me for that reason. He was video taping one nite n said dont tape them, their "Straight"!! I heard that w/ my own ears! Ive Always supported the gay community so why be disrespectfull to someone who supports you and your bar? So what if im straight and so what if your gay?? Were all human beings and we should all support one another and respect each other no matter what!!!!
Whatever in Lorain

Lorain, OH

#22 Dec 18, 2013
Tim is a loser, a douche-bag, an all-around asshole! I was there several years ago for the first time. I brought a strong female with me.we both had a couple of beers and then she needed to use the restroom. as there was no lock on the door my female friend asked me to come inside the bathroom and hold the door closed while she went. with in a minute or less there was somebody using their full weight slamming up against the outside of the door. I opened it to find Tim there screaming at me for holding the door closed. She accused us of doing drugs in his bar. I was absolutely shocked and I told her the reason why I was holding the door closed. She screamed not to do it again or to get the hell out of her bar. needless to say after she finished in the bathroom, we left and never looked back. apparently Tim must have problems in her bar with drugs and/or drug addicts.that wouldn't surprise me as you would have to be totally messed up in the head to ever go in there more than once. When we were there, it was nothing but big Dyke lesbians. Of course all gay men know that they are nothing but trouble and always want to start fights. They are usually fighting over their cats or who gets to use the vibrator that night. It's unfortunate that there is not a nice gay bar to go to in the area. Tim's place is a total dump. I don't know how he is managed to stay open this many years. Must be all the lesbians that go there and buy drinks. As for the hole in the middle of the dance floor, that was probably from Tim's fat ass falling down. She almost broke my foot with her fat ass while I was holding the the bathroom door closed. My recommendation is that TIm go open a bar in Uganda or Moscow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elyria Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. senator seeks national caffeine powder ban Dec 13 footnote TYPICAL ... 7
blank scripts Dec 13 jayzie2014 3
Family of powdered caffeine-overdose victim mee... Dec 12 Typical Dick 3
Oberlin College Cancels Classes after Person in... (Mar '13) Dec 10 chrishateskkk 2
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! Dec 8 NO CANADA OIL TO ... 1
want a girlfriend (May '07) Dec 1 Jaydon 251
Review: Fifth Third Bank Nov 26 dorothy a beckwith 1
Elyria Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Elyria People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elyria News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elyria

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]