2013 mayoral race
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just curious

Hoffman Estates, IL

#1 Feb 27, 2013
Has there been any official list of candidates posted for mayor? I thought there was supposed to be a special election in April, but I don't recall seeing anything in print regarding it. It would be nice to inform the residents of Braidwood about what is going on, who plans on running and what each candidate plans on doing to make improvements in our town. I'm hoping that we'll have the chance to make an educated choice, but time is running out.
Seems legit

Joliet, IL

#2 Feb 27, 2013
James Vehrs is the only person I know to be running against Rulien
Just curious

Hoffman Estates, IL

#3 Feb 28, 2013
Seems legit wrote:
James Vehrs is the only person I know to be running against Rulien
Does anyone have any helpful information on James Vehrs? Name doesn't seem familiar.
Seems legit

Joliet, IL

#4 Feb 28, 2013
http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news/17711192-...

Vehrs said he is running for mayor “for the good of the community … and also I’m running because of the overspending of the current administration.”

Braidwood’s biggest challenge is overspending, he said. It’s important to cut expenses, he said,“so homeowners don’t get in a bind.”

Originally from Lockport, Vehrs moved to Braidwood 22 years ago. Vehrs pointed to his involvement with the Knights of Columbus and work on fundraisers for community residents.

“I’ve been involved in the community for the last 20 years,” he said.

He has not held office before.

As a Local 150 operating engineer, he said his knowledge of sewers, water and roads will help him be an effective mayor. His goals include “putting the community back together.

“I am honest and sincere for the town of Braidwood. I love Braidwood,” Vehrs said.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
just us

Joliet, IL

#5 Mar 2, 2013
Just curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone have any helpful information on James Vehrs? Name doesn't seem familiar.
He has ties to Galatte NOT GOOD...
a galatte

United States

#6 Mar 2, 2013
the ties he has with me is I am voting for him....
Honestly

Joliet, IL

#8 Mar 3, 2013
I would love to see an election based on facts, not name calling, rumors, lies, deceit, slander, and outright BS.
Is this possible?
Many people are tired of all the BS, just let the candidates run in the election, hear their views, and you make your choice.
The more negative stuff that is said, drives me to vote for the other guy out of spite.
truth detector

Joliet, IL

#10 Mar 3, 2013
a galatte wrote:
Wow..If your voting for him there must be something in it for you. Cause thats how you roll...
Sue

United States

#12 Mar 3, 2013
Honestly wrote:
I would love to see an election based on facts, not name calling, rumors, lies, deceit, slander, and outright BS.
Is this possible?
Many people are tired of all the BS, just let the candidates run in the election, hear their views, and you make your choice.
The more negative stuff that is said, drives me to vote for the other guy out of spite.
Typical Braidwood person response. You will never hear a candidate say that he screwed over the public, wasted there money, there going to tell all is fine. Lets get all the dirt out, get them fired up. Lets see who works good under pressure. Who can lie the best.
What is your gain

Joliet, IL

#13 Mar 8, 2013
a galatte wrote:
There is more ties than that by the money you have invested to promote him as the right path you want Braidwood to take in your small pamphlet you are handing out. Most people do not invest money and time into something if they are not personally getting a return on that investment. Other then a very few Lions memembers that are all about community, you are not. It is one for Andy and all for Andy only. So Andy, what have you been promised or what is your gain?
truth detector

Joliet, IL

#14 Mar 8, 2013
What is your gain wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more ties than that by the money you have invested to promote him as the right path you want Braidwood to take in your small pamphlet you are handing out. Most people do not invest money and time into something if they are not personally getting a return on that investment. Other then a very few Lions memembers that are all about community, you are not. It is one for Andy and all for Andy only. So Andy, what have you been promised or what is your gain?
I agree !!!!!!!!!!
Seems legit

Joliet, IL

#15 Mar 8, 2013
What is your gain wrote:
<quoted text>
What pamphlet is this? Anybody willing to scan it for all to see?
a galatte

Gilbert, AZ

#16 Mar 8, 2013
First of all if anyone wants a "pamphlet" give me your address and I will have one dropped off to you. Secondly to respond to "what is your gain" the answer is a Better Braidwood. I gave Braidwood three and a half years of what is most important to me - My time. I am a successful businessman and I can see Braidwood outshine other communities around it. I believe that successful people like myself have a responsibility to their communities. And if you "knew" me you would know my true feelings for the community. It's not about money but about the success our community will receive if we work unitied. If you want to call me, go to City Hall - they ave my number.
Hater

Coal City, IL

#17 Mar 9, 2013
Andy for the 3 1/2 years you worked for the city what have you done? I can tell you what you done.....NOTHING. Take the Main St project that should have been done years ago. Why is it not done? Because your such an asshole you pissed off the contractors and investors and they want nothing to do with the city. What about the autobody shop that you chase off? Please tell us why the above things were not done under your time working with the city. Jim would have very good chance of becoming mayor if you we're not associated with him.
truth detector

Joliet, IL

#18 Mar 10, 2013
Hater wrote:
Andy for the 3 1/2 years you worked for the city what have you done? I can tell you what you done.....NOTHING. Take the Main St project that should have been done years ago. Why is it not done? Because your such an asshole you pissed off the contractors and investors and they want nothing to do with the city. What about the autobody shop that you chase off? Please tell us why the above things were not done under your time working with the city. Jim would have very good chance of becoming mayor if you we're not associated with him.
You are right so tell your friends don't be fooled by his b.s. Andy can not name one good thing he has done for Braidwood. He also has two b.s. lawsuits pending with the city..
a galatte

Gilbert, AZ

#19 Mar 10, 2013
Hater,
I think I need to explain to you what my job as an administrator was. My job was to keep the five elected officials focused on their common goals they agreed upon. One was to reduce the debt, another was to have the city work within it's budget. It's obvious you know just a little - enough to hurt yourself. The city hired a professioal commercial realestate broker to develop downtown, Main St. And the city was asking $1,000,000 for the property. So I had nothing to do with the realestate. At the current rate the city is selling it for and with their concessions, they will be lucky to get $500,000. The two lawsuits - one is to give the people of Braidwood a choice to choose a finance commisssioner. The other, the only comment I have is that it will make Braidwood a better community. What you should be asking is 1) Why is the city keeping lawsuits hush hush? and 2) Why is the city selling property downtown without any apprasails being done?
truth detector

Joliet, IL

#20 Mar 10, 2013
a galatte wrote:
Hater,
I think I need to explain to you what my job as an administrator was. My job was to keep the five elected officials focused on their common goals they agreed upon. One was to reduce the debt, another was to have the city work within it's budget. It's obvious you know just a little - enough to hurt yourself. The city hired a professioal commercial realestate broker to develop downtown, Main St. And the city was asking $1,000,000 for the property. So I had nothing to do with the realestate. At the current rate the city is selling it for and with their concessions, they will be lucky to get $500,000. The two lawsuits - one is to give the people of Braidwood a choice to choose a finance commisssioner. The other, the only comment I have is that it will make Braidwood a better community. What you should be asking is 1) Why is the city keeping lawsuits hush hush? and 2) Why is the city selling property downtown without any apprasails being done?
If that was your job to keep five elected officials focused on there goals and reduce debt... You failed.
a galatte

Gilbert, AZ

#21 Mar 10, 2013
Truth detector,
You know NO TRUTH, you just know a little bit to hurt yourself. Here are a few things our previous adinistration accomplished: Secured a loan for the NEW water treatment plant to get started. Reduced the Police Department from $1,700,00 to $900,000. Reduced the $2,000,000 debt to $750,000. Secured property downtown with TIF money to retire the remaining debt when the poperty ws sold. Now the current administration: Polive Department back up to $1,700,000 (withou a dispatch service.) The extra $1,000,000 they received from closing TIF 1 only paid off 1/2 million dollars towards the debt - no one knows where the other 1/2 went. Hired 4 or 5 new city employees without advertising for the jobs. The best is yet to come in the Fall when the city has more than a 50/50 chance of failing the state adit (like 10 years ago.) If you REALLY cared about the city, you would call me on my cell phone which can be obtained at city hall.
Seems legit

Joliet, IL

#22 Mar 10, 2013
a galatte wrote:
Secured a loan for the NEW water treatment plant to get started.
Here's hoping the people of Braidwood don't get a 5x higher water bill because of this. Worked so well in Wilmington......
resident

Lombard, IL

#23 Mar 10, 2013
andy and bobby find a new town,you are not getting back into our political circle.your days wereover with wayne nthe drunk saltzman

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andy has no balls 17 min Andy 3
Bin Laden's brother lived in Trump Tower, gave ... 11 hr Look in the mirro... 7
Hillary is deplorable 11 hr Pooh 18
AWESOME! The Senate is going to FORCE.... 11 hr Really 20
Why poor white males are the core of Trump's su... (Mar '16) 11 hr Trump is a LOSER 29
So NOW you are OK with paying higher prices for... (Mar '16) 11 hr Tuck Frump 8
375 of the world's TOP SCIENTISTS warn us to NO... 11 hr Tuck Frump 1

Elwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elwood Mortgages