Problems near Joanna Store?

Posted in the Elverson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 19, 2010
I heard there was a heavy police presence at the residence near Joanna Store today. Anyone got a clue what's going on?
bikerchick

Morgantown, PA

#2 Mar 20, 2010
Could that have been the arrest of the resident in the apartments there who was caught growing weed and had loads of weapons? Was in the Reading Eagle this morning. Sat/3/20

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#3 Mar 20, 2010
Caernarvon Township police said they found an indoor marijuana-growing operation early Friday while investigating a shooting in an apartment house.

Chief Paul Stolz Jr. said the victim, a 30-year-old man who lives in the building in the 1100 block of Elverson Road, shot himself in the face with a shotgun about 1 a.m.

The victim, whose name police did not release, was taken by ambulance to Reading Hospital. Information about his medical condition could not be obtained.

While police investigated the shooting, they saw marijuana plants and equipment used to grow the plants in the bedroom where the shooting occurred, investigators said.

According to court documents:

Tenants contacted police after hearing loud banging from one of the apartments.

Patrolman Justin Kurtz was outside the building and heard someone moaning in an apartment on the east side. Kurtz went into the apartment and saw the wounded man standing on a stairway.

The victim was alone in the apartment when he shot himself.

Police obtained a search warrant signed by Senior District Judge William N. Hall Jr. in Reading Central Court and searched the residence about 4 a.m. with assistance from Berks County detectives.

They seized 20 marijuana plants, five guns, ammunition and equipment used to grow marijuana.

Stolz said an investigation continues.
Lester Livershits

Reading, PA

#4 Mar 20, 2010
Crazy low life Loosers if he dies it will safe us all money then he will not do jail time
Still a Person

Dublin, PA

#5 Mar 20, 2010
The article is only focusing on what the police discovered AFTER they were called to the scene for an attempted SUICIDE. Not condoning growing illegal plants.
Pray for the man and his family during this difficult time.
Still a Person

Dublin, PA

#6 Mar 20, 2010
bikerchick wrote:
Could that have been the arrest of the resident in the apartments there who was caught growing weed and had loads of weapons? Was in the Reading Eagle this morning. Sat/3/20
How do you determine that "loads of weapons" from five guns? It's a hunting community/area. I know lots of hunters that have various sorts of guns for hunting and recreation. People love to go out and target shoot around that area as well.

I'm not sure if he was arrested yet. They were too busy trying to SAVE HIS LIFE!
Still a Person

Dublin, PA

#7 Mar 20, 2010
Lester Livershits wrote:
Crazy low life Loosers if he dies it will safe us all money then he will not do jail time
Hopefully nobody feels that way about you.
A Aunt who cares

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Mar 20, 2010
Lester Livershits wrote:
You had better watch your comments, you are a low life for making such comments. God doesn't like ugly, this is someones son and someones relative. It could be one of yours. Pray for his recovery. Pot is nothing compared to other drugs out there. You'd better pray for the Lords forgiveness. Comments like yours will send you right to HELL!!!!!You should be ashamed of yourself and pray for the Lords forgiveness. And pray for this poor gentlemans soul.
He is someones relative

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Mar 20, 2010
You are all so quick to make comments without knowing all of the facts. Oh, how quick you all are to make judgements!!!!Get the facts before you leap into conclusions.You will be judged someday for your malious comments. Gossip, Gossip, Gossip!!!!
Does anyone really care about the victim? This is a person who was shot, does it really matter if he had pot plants or not? He was not hurting anyone with the plants. Does it matter if he is a member of your community; he is still someones son, someones neighbor, and someones friend, someones nephew, someones uncle,someones cousin. etc etc etc. No you all have to pass judgement before you know the facts. You all should say your prayers and ask for forgiveness!!!!!Pray that this young man recovers. Remember this could be one of your relatives!!!! He was shot, right now does it matter what else he did in his life? Get the facts straight!!!!!!Don't judge, you will be judged one day and I am sure you have a laundry list of dirty you did in your life. Especially you you dirty rat Lester Livershits!!!!!

Since: Dec 08

Nantucket RI

#10 Mar 21, 2010
A Aunt who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
You had better watch your comments, you are a low life for making such comments. God doesn't like ugly, this is someones son and someones relative. It could be one of yours. Pray for his recovery. Pot is nothing compared to other drugs out there. You'd better pray for the Lords forgiveness. Comments like yours will send you right to HELL!!!!!You should be ashamed of yourself and pray for the Lords forgiveness. And pray for this poor gentlemans soul.
As a member of this community I would like to apologize for the idiotic comments of Lester Dipshit, I only hope he is from outside the area and just picked up the headline, if not, again I am sorry! And you are absolutely right that plants would become such a big story in this tragic tale. You are obviously in pain, as one would expect, our prayers and thoughts are with you.
Still a Person

Dublin, PA

#11 Mar 21, 2010
He is someones relative wrote:
You are all so quick to make comments without knowing all of the facts. Oh, how quick you all are to make judgements!!!!Get the facts before you leap into conclusions.You will be judged someday for your malious comments. Gossip, Gossip, Gossip!!!!
Does anyone really care about the victim? This is a person who was shot, does it really matter if he had pot plants or not? He was not hurting anyone with the plants. Does it matter if he is a member of your community; he is still someones son, someones neighbor, and someones friend, someones nephew, someones uncle,someones cousin. etc etc etc. No you all have to pass judgement before you know the facts. You all should say your prayers and ask for forgiveness!!!!!Pray that this young man recovers. Remember this could be one of your relatives!!!! He was shot, right now does it matter what else he did in his life? Get the facts straight!!!!!!Don't judge, you will be judged one day and I am sure you have a laundry list of dirty you did in your life. Especially you you dirty rat Lester Livershits!!!!!
Here here! He is a personal friend of mine and I took offense to the stupid rantings of uninformed idiots on here. I know it is "just a message board" but asine comments like that get under my skin.
Still a Person

Dublin, PA

#12 Mar 21, 2010
Alpha-Omega wrote:
<quoted text>
As a member of this community I would like to apologize for the idiotic comments of Lester Dipshit, I only hope he is from outside the area and just picked up the headline, if not, again I am sorry! And you are absolutely right that plants would become such a big story in this tragic tale. You are obviously in pain, as one would expect, our prayers and thoughts are with you.
Thank you for your support.
He is someones relative

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Mar 21, 2010
Still a Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Here here! He is a personal friend of mine and I took offense to the stupid rantings of uninformed idiots on here. I know it is "just a message board" but asine comments like that get under my skin.
They should get under your skin, I am very glad I gave you something to think about. Try to make better friends than that, it is not good judgement on his part. If you are a woman, run the other way, his comments are abusive. I will pray for you and his calous soul.

Since: Dec 08

Nantucket RI

#14 Mar 21, 2010
He is someones relative,
A simple misunderstanding; "still a person" was trying to agree with you, at least I think. They thought the statement of "Lester Dipshit" was asinine, not yours. Even I"m having a little trouble following this conversation.
been there

Birdsboro, PA

#15 Mar 21, 2010
Still a Person wrote:
The article is only focusing on what the police discovered AFTER they were called to the scene for an attempted SUICIDE. Not condoning growing illegal plants.
Pray for the man and his family during this difficult time.
How do you know this was an attempted suicide and not just an accident? Either way, he's lucky to be alive.
Brother hurting

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Mar 21, 2010
<quoted text>
They should get under your skin, I am very glad I gave you something to think about. Try to make better friends than that, it is not good judgement on his part. If you are a woman, run the other way, his comments are abusive. I will pray for you and his calous soul.
Thank you, you are right. I took the comment wrong. I thought it was the other person talking.(above)(The friend of the assinine idiot (Lester))
Still a person

Dublin, PA

#17 Mar 21, 2010
been there wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know this was an attempted suicide and not just an accident? Either way, he's lucky to be alive.
Because I know the man personally.
Still a person

Dublin, PA

#18 Mar 21, 2010
<quoted text>
You didn't give me anything to think about - I was DEFENDING the person. That Lester person isn't my friend.
Still a person

Dublin, PA

#19 Mar 21, 2010
Alpha-Omega wrote:
He is someones relative,
A simple misunderstanding; "still a person" was trying to agree with you, at least I think. They thought the statement of "Lester Dipshit" was asinine, not yours. Even I"m having a little trouble following this conversation.
Yes I am agreeing with simple misunderstanding.
Lester Livershits

Reading, PA

#20 Mar 22, 2010
A Aunt who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
i guss i may have been a little harsh but i do not think this was a stand up person sounds like maybee aunt bee or sister should have got him some help any one growing pot and playing with guns has some kind of problem at lest he did not hurt anyone else with the gun was he working or was this his line of work and pot is a drug with your way of thinking beer must not be alcohol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elverson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Puppy Mill?? (Mar '15) Nov 16 Marcel 14
Puppy mill?? (Feb '13) Nov 15 evilkoala 43
Ang millers?? Nov 13 Anonymous 1
Lancaster breeder Nov 2 Brownie 3
Amber leville Oct '17 Ashley 10
Yooson Kim Dentist (Feb '10) Sep '17 Legion Mary 75
peddler inn (Dec '09) Sep '17 John 10

Elverson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance