Darlene K

York, PA

#1 Jul 13, 2013
Bought a Bichon 12 years ago from J and L Pets in New Holland. Had about 5-6 different litters of puppies. When I asked about looking at the parents, she said her son brought the puppies over from his farm somewhere else so I could choose one. I love my little guy but I've had to spend so much money on him over the years. I told people I was pretty sure he came from a puppymill.
Lovaldgs

Morgantown, PA

#2 Jul 14, 2013
What you describe is typical of puppy mills. If they don't show you the parents, there is a reason. They either don't have them because they are a "front" family selling for a mill or they run a mill themselves on another farm. They don't want you to see how mother dog is kept in horrendous conditions and where puppies are kept.

All they want you to see is the cute adorable fluffy puppy and they know they'll get ya.....

You were lucky but read other topix on here re puppy mills and you'll see other families that weren't so lucky.
Darlene K wrote:
Bought a Bichon 12 years ago from J and L Pets in New Holland. Had about 5-6 different litters of puppies. When I asked about looking at the parents, she said her son brought the puppies over from his farm somewhere else so I could choose one. I love my little guy but I've had to spend so much money on him over the years. I told people I was pretty sure he came from a puppymill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elverson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Backpage Jan 19 Bub69x 1
Puppy mill?? (Feb '13) Jan 16 Family 32
Tony Tonino Palumbo of Reading and Avondale Jan 8 Andrea 1
Puppy Mill?? (Mar '15) Dec 31 Dobermanp 7
News 'Puppy Mill' Crackdown with Arrest Made (Jan '07) Dec 30 SJMF 292
Click and check ths out.... Dec '16 Mama6 1
"Jones Mine Pond" fishing club? Dec '16 Someguy 1

Elverson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance