Twin Valley School Board's private se...

Twin Valley School Board's private session possibly illegal

There are 14 comments on the Reading Eagle/Reading Times story from May 21, 2010, titled Twin Valley School Board's private session possibly illegal. In it, Reading Eagle/Reading Times reports that:

The Twin Valley School Board may have violated the state's Sunshine Act by meeting in private session to discuss security and public participation at board meetings, a media attorney said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reading Eagle/Reading Times.

Ol timer

Lewisburg, PA

#1 Jun 5, 2010
So what! all of the local borough and town councils do the same thing.
jennifer hartman

Elverson, PA

#2 Jun 7, 2010
Why not be more concerned about the drugs and the kids out of control in the school ...
bikerchick

Morgantown, PA

#3 Jun 8, 2010
So what? Just because all the local borough and town councils do the same thing does NOT make it right. What are they hiding?

Sounds like standard excuse out here in PA,....we've always done it this way so why change....well things are changing and maybe the old way of doing things is wrong.....
ol timer

Morgantown, PA

#4 Jun 11, 2010
Good luck trying to change things, I've been trying for years. Certain families nad companies rule.
bikerchick

Morgantown, PA

#5 Jun 11, 2010
A lot of new people moving in and they can shake things up and maybe they will. Have to vote the certain families and their cohorts of the councils. That will be the beginning.

We can hope for change..e.g. no one thought there would be a Rite Aid in the center of Morgantown or a shopping center with a Walmart or Lowes either. And the very same people that didn't want those changes....shop there.
Eagles Fan

Honey Brook, PA

#6 Jun 25, 2010
You won't recognize this area in 10 years with the sprawlers moving in. Stoltzfus's days are numbered.
bikerchick wrote:
A lot of new people moving in and they can shake things up and maybe they will. Have to vote the certain families and their cohorts of the councils. That will be the beginning.
We can hope for change..e.g. no one thought there would be a Rite Aid in the center of Morgantown or a shopping center with a Walmart or Lowes either. And the very same people that didn't want those changes....shop there.
Someone

Dublin, PA

#7 Jun 28, 2010
Eagles Fan wrote:
You won't recognize this area in 10 years with the sprawlers moving in. Stoltzfus's days are numbered.
<quoted text>
You're so weird.
Someone

Dublin, PA

#8 Jun 28, 2010
bikerchick wrote:
Rite Aid sucks. Too bad they didn't leave the Morgantown Hotel there. Are you and Eagles Fan married? Are you two running for council?
Someone

Dublin, PA

#9 Jun 28, 2010
ol timer wrote:
Good luck trying to change things, I've been trying for years. Certain families nad companies rule.
Eagles Fan & Bikerchick are running for council. Haven't you heard? And they're changing their names to Stoltzfus
bikerchick

Morgantown, PA

#10 Jun 29, 2010
Can't run for council......the Stoltzfus mafia has that all tied up. Hey Eagles Fan, want to take a stroll down the aisle? ha.ha.ha.ha

I do agree Rite Aid is ugly but no one in Morgantown designated the hotel as a historic site. Morgantown's failure and now they have to live with the ugly blue sign and store.

Progress is coming whether we like it or not. The times they are a changin'.
Someone

Dublin, PA

#11 Jun 29, 2010
Stoltzfus Mafia! lol ;) THAT is funny!
Eagles Fan

Honey Brook, PA

#12 Jul 16, 2010
Honey, I didn't know you were back on the forum. Can you keep our personal matters in the home?
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so weird.
Eagles Fan

Honey Brook, PA

#13 Jul 16, 2010
All you nostalgic Morgantowners need to give up the Morgantown Hotel. The place was a dump with bad food and a crowd of oddballs. This township has done a poor job of maintainting the area and the historic structures. And the taxes are way too high. I'll leave the Dutchmen to run council.
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Rite Aid sucks. Too bad they didn't leave the Morgantown Hotel there. Are you and Eagles Fan married? Are you two running for council?

Since: Mar 10

Covered Bridge Pa.

#14 Jul 17, 2010
Eagles Fan wrote:
Honey, I didn't know you were back on the forum. Can you keep our personal matters in the home?
<quoted text>
Take my wife... please!

Now Eagles Fan is trying to entertain us too? Weren't you suppose to tell “someone” he lives in a trailer, drives a Pinto and doesn't have a big 401k like you? And I have long suspected you have communicated with your wife on here, it isn't “been there” is it, God help us!

“This township has done a poor job of maintainting the area and the historic structures.” Eagles Fan

I could not agree more, Morgantown looks horrible, I moved here years ago thinking this town would follow in the footsteps of so many of the centuries-old villages of Pa. that seem as if they come from another era, an anachronism of sorts. This town just looks run down! And the juxtaposition of Right Aid and The Clock Tower Plaza looks like a Salvador Dalí nightmare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elverson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Puppy Mill?? (Mar '15) Mar '17 Shelly Armstrong 10
News 'Puppy Mill' Crackdown with Arrest Made (Jan '07) Mar '17 Gvazq1 294
Backpage Jan '17 Bub69x 1
Puppy mill?? (Feb '13) Jan '17 Family 32
Tony Tonino Palumbo of Reading and Avondale Jan '17 Andrea 1
Click and check ths out.... Dec '16 Mama6 1
"Jones Mine Pond" fishing club? Dec '16 Someguy 1

Elverson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance