Grayson named Greensboro fire chief

There are 9 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Apr 15, 2009, titled Grayson named Greensboro fire chief. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Mike McWilliams * MMcWilliams@CITIZEN-TIMES.com * published April 16, 2009 12:15 am ASHEVILLE Fire and Rescue Department Chief Greg Grayson will take over the Greensboro Fire Department next month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Keith former Gun-bunny

United States

#1 Apr 16, 2009
Alright, you go Chief Grayson. Keep them cod roasters in check.
My two-cents worth

Asheville, NC

#2 Apr 16, 2009
What a fantastic individual. I hate to see him go but one should strive to progress in his/her career. Our loss is their gain. Best wishes, Greg!!
well wisher

United States

#3 Apr 16, 2009
Thank you Chief for all the support during your years of service not only for what you provided Asheville, but also for the Firefighters and Officers of Buncombe County.
Highflight

Asheville, NC

#4 Apr 16, 2009
Chief Grayson is one of the most outstanding people that I have ever met. He has done more for Asheville in 8 1/2 years than most people do in an entire 30 year career. He works very hard, always tries to do the right thing and I have always witnessed him treat everyone that he encounters with dignity, respect and professionalism. He has truly turned the Fire Department in Asheville in the right direction. It was a mess when he came here. Greensboro wins - Asheville loses in this deal. Who is asleep at the wheel with Asheville city management to not try to keep him here. Greensboro will be getting a guy who is a caring, family based person and one who is fair in all his dealings. There just are not many people anywhere like Greg Grayson. I wish you well Chief. May you continue to soar - you deserve the very best because you are the very best!
SWEET CHEEKS

Hendersonville, NC

#5 Oct 15, 2013
Highflight wrote:
Chief Grayson is one of the most outstanding people that I have ever met. He has done more for Asheville in 8 1/2 years than most people do in an entire 30 year career. He works very hard, always tries to do the right thing and I have always witnessed him treat everyone that he encounters with dignity, respect and professionalism. He has truly turned the Fire Department in Asheville in the right direction. It was a mess when he came here. Greensboro wins - Asheville loses in this deal. Who is asleep at the wheel with Asheville city management to not try to keep him here. Greensboro will be getting a guy who is a caring, family based person and one who is fair in all his dealings. There just are not many people anywhere like Greg Grayson. I wish you well Chief. May you continue to soar - you deserve the very best because you are the very best!
Really are you sure you worked for AFR, because I beg to differ. Rukavina(misspelled) did more for firefighter there and that wasn't much but they got raises. Yes he did alot to build on his career but no one elses.
SWEET CHEEKS

Hendersonville, NC

#6 Oct 15, 2013
well wisher wrote:
Thank you Chief for all the support during your years of service not only for what you provided Asheville, but also for the Firefighters and Officers of Buncombe County.
WOW was he ever a firefighter or just an administrator.
SWEET CHEEKS

Hendersonville, NC

#7 Oct 15, 2013
My two-cents worth wrote:
What a fantastic individual. I hate to see him go but one should strive to progress in his/her career. Our loss is their gain. Best wishes, Greg!!
LITERALLY I could not have said it better myself.
THOMAS G HOFFMAN

Buffalo, NY

#8 Oct 15, 2013
Hey how did you know my nickname is "SWEET CHEEKS" down at O'Henry's and Smokey Joe's? You ignorant rednecks say I'm a coward just because I am needlessly afraid to meet my betters for coffee and conversation. NOT! I have the balls to post my REAL name here. How about you other trolls? Huh?
Satyam Shantananda

Asheville, NC

#11 Oct 16, 2013
"The universe is founded in consciousness and guided by it. The final reality is Universal Consciousness. The Supreme Consciousness is Omnipresent. Its evolutionary powers pervade the entire Universe. All processes of Nature are governed by the laws of this Absolute Force."

- Aitareya Upanishad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Gospel of Christ Apr '15 HEATH - 72 2
News dwi Mar '15 anonymous 1
i want to join illuminati contact illuminatibro... (Feb '14) Jul '14 jerden patric 5
illuminati (Feb '14) Jun '14 unknown 2
Election Who do you support for District Court Judge in ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Alamance Co citizen 11
News Poll shows majority in five Southern states dis... (Mar '06) Apr '14 swedenforever 2
i want to join illuminati (Mar '14) Mar '14 andy 1
More from around the web

Elon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]