Review: Adams Towing & Recovery

Posted in the Elon Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Very suspicious

AOL

#1 Jan 23, 2009
Does anyone know where Mr. Adams gets all of his money? He has bought 74 properties in Alamance county alone and countless other properties in North Carolina!
ummmmm yeah

AOL

#2 Jan 23, 2009
I dont where you are getting your info
Peidmont penny

Holly Springs, NC

#3 Jan 26, 2009
How does one man manage to expand so rapidily? He has all new trucks new offices..... ETC. Is Doug Adams the son of the race car driver.
Peidmont penny

Holly Springs, NC

#4 Jan 26, 2009
And just who does he know at AAA carolinas
just wondering

Holly Springs, NC

#5 Feb 2, 2009
well no one knows a thing I guess
Something Fishy

Oak Ridge, NC

#6 Mar 1, 2009
I think everyone in Alamance County is asking the same question.. One answer is he charges a fortune to tow you and boy don't break down on the highway... You've heard of "Highway Robbery" ???? Yeah...I wonder if the IRS has ever looked at Mr. Adams??? Maybe they should.....

“A mask to hear the truth !”

Since: Sep 08

Kitty Hawk, NC

#7 Mar 4, 2009
Something Fishy wrote:
I think everyone in Alamance County is asking the same question.. One answer is he charges a fortune to tow you and boy don't break down on the highway... You've heard of "Highway Robbery" ???? Yeah...I wonder if the IRS has ever looked at Mr. Adams??? Maybe they should.....
I have heard a few locals there say they though he was involved in drug trafficing

“A mask to hear the truth !”

Since: Sep 08

Kitty Hawk, NC

#8 Mar 4, 2009
Beachnative5thgen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard a few locals there say they thought he was involved in drug trafficking
sorry for the mispelling
An Employee

Burlington, NC

#9 Mar 17, 2009
It's a legit company. We provide a great service with state of the art equipment, and excellent customer service. Mr Adam's takes his image seriously. You never see a dirty truck. We are gold award holders for AAA. He's built his creditability with his debtors, and provided unmatched service. Don't believe the rumors you hear. There is lots of narcissism and envy that has gone to far. I was near foreclosure before starting with Adams. We are a volume company.
Is this a joke

Holly Springs, NC

#10 Mar 30, 2009
An Employee wrote:
It's a legit company. We provide a great service with state of the art equipment, and excellent customer service. Mr Adam's takes his image seriously. You never see a dirty truck. We are gold award holders for AAA. He's built his creditability with his debtors, and provided unmatched service. Don't believe the rumors you hear. There is lots of narcissism and envy that has gone to far. I was near foreclosure before starting with Adams. We are a volume company.
I think what you mean to say is that you try! I have had numerous customers tell me that Adams drivers are not even testing there batteries just installing them and in turn costing the customer. What kind of customer orinented bussiness does that? And as for image hahahaha........ A beat up faded out suburban with a black guy that has dreads or sometimes pantyhose on his head is not my idea of customer service. And as for AAA I believe an internal investigation is about to be launched because the information given was misleading. Somebody at AAA carolinas is padding there own pockets.
Sooooo

Holly Springs, NC

#11 Apr 3, 2009
This company is hiding something.
AAA

Winston Salem, NC

#12 Apr 7, 2009
I believe an internal investigation is about to be launched because the information given was misleading.
For the love AAA

Holly Springs, NC

#13 Apr 7, 2009
Jonathan

Holly Springs, NC

#14 Apr 8, 2009
In the past 12 months I have bought a pair of batteries for my truck, and had them replaced within 11 months for going bad. After speaking with one of their drivers, I found out that they do not sell new batteries, but remanufactured batteries. After they replaced my batteries under warranty, the replacements went bad less than 1 month later! They currently refuse to refund my money, saying that they are AAA batteries and my argument is with them. If I buy a Sony TV from Wal-Mart and it goes bad, I don't return it to Sony, I take it back to where I bought it! When I tried calling them, they refused to help me and even HUNG UP ON ME when I tried to politely plead my case. This is nothing more than a country-bumpkin towing shop that cares nothing for its customers as long as they pay. I would avise not using these people for service, because you won't get any. They will not stand behind their products or service.
Jimmyrahy

Holly Springs, NC

#15 Apr 8, 2009
The above listed review about Adams Towing in Burlington is 100% accurate. I work for them for 1 day, was told I had to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. That was back in August and I still havent been paid for it yet. I filed a claim with the nc wage and hour division, havent heard back from them yet. I had other drivers tell me about towing cars from state to state with merchandise in it thats illegal. They tow for AAA, I guess AAA doesnt care about its members to allow a company like this to tow for them. I have just sent a letter to the nc attorney generals office with details of all I was told, maybe they can force them to do people right because its pretty clear, adams towing thinks they are above the law.
Nice tattoo

Durham, NC

#16 Jul 6, 2009
My ex-girl friend's BMW had a dead battery. I called AAA. A biker looking guy shows up. He hooked up a portable charger to the battery, acted as though there was nothing. He stated the battery was completely dead. He tried to sell us a $500 battery, he just happened to have. My neighbor came out...I asked him if he had jumper cables. He did, was going to try jumping her vehicle off. However, miraculously the Adams guy wanted to try one more time. It worked this time, it was a miracle. I went to high school with Doug. I have no ill will toward him. And now, I see first hand how much money he does go through. But who really cares? If you were wronged then report it. I am sure if any thing illegal is going on, it will be determined. Cheaters, liars and thieves always get caught at some point.
hisdirtybusiness

Greensboro, NC

#17 Jul 14, 2009
he is running a dirty business and is riping people off...if he has so much money..then why does he live in a make shift trailer??? he sleeps with teenage girls and is a very nasty trashy man!!!!HE IS A JOKE
Very suspicious wrote:
Does anyone know where Mr. Adams gets all of his money? He has bought 74 properties in Alamance county alone and countless other properties in North Carolina!
hisdirtybusiness

Greensboro, NC

#18 Jul 14, 2009
He is running a dirty business. And anyways if he as all this money then why does he live in a make shift trailer???? Word on the street is he runs a dirty business and sleeps with 18 year old girls..He is so disgusting,nasty, and trashy!!!!It is not a legit company..I know from personal experience.
get a life people

Carthage, NC

#19 Jul 20, 2009
dont yall have anything better to do than to come on the internet and talk bad about doug and his business. get a life. if you dont know him, dont talk about him. and dont make assumptions of what or who he is doing, its none of your businnes anyways.
his dirty business

Greensboro, NC

#20 Jul 22, 2009
apparantly you don't have anything else better to do or you wouldn't be on here reading everything and posting yourself. People have opinions and know the truth..and if you don't like it then oh well...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adopt a family for Christmas (Nov '08) 15 hr Tycoon Santa 95
Moving from CA to NC, will I like it? (Oct '08) Mon mfc123 12
Spring hill suites hotel? Sun Now please 1
Cary Music Thread (May '12) May 23 Musikologist 15
The Gospel of Christ Apr '15 HEATH - 72 2
News dwi Mar '15 anonymous 1
i want to join illuminati contact illuminatibro... (Feb '14) Jul '14 jerden patric 5
More from around the web

Elon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]