Corruption in Elmwood Park

Corruption in Elmwood Park

Posted in the Elmwood Park Forum

what is going on here

Elmwood Park, IL

#1 Jul 27, 2011
Misconduct allegations fly at Elmwood Park meeting
By DaVID POLLARD [email protected] July 25, 2011 5:32PM
Reprints2Share
Resident Paul Marzullo speaks at the Elmwood Park meeting on July 18.| Tamara Bell~Sun Times Media
Article Extras
View Gallery Updated: July 25, 2011 10:09PM
Allegations, accusations and finger-pointing made up a significant portion of Elmwood Park’s Village Board meeting on July 18.
During the public comment portion of the meeting, which lasted an hour and a half, topics ranged from requests for a stop sign, funding the police and fire department’s pension and how to better notify residents about abduction attempts and other criminal activities in village.
But it also touched on allegations of misuse of government resources.
Resident and former village public works employee Paul Marzullo questioned the board about a 35-page pamphlet that was distributed to the press, village officials and attorney general’s office, suggesting allegations of corruption and misuse of resources by village leaders and employees.
The pamphlet was delivered to the Elm Leaves anonymously. It contains mostly unsubstantiated claims with little supporting evidence.
However, one allegation that did provide some evidence was that Trustee Carmen Forte was using 95-gallon village garbage cans on his property but paying the amount charged for the use of 65-gallon garbage cans.
“These are all allegations,” Mayor Peter Silvestri said.“No one is more aware with what is going on in this town than us (board members) up here.”
On July 21, Forte acknowledged the discrepency in a letter to the village. He called it a mistake and paid the village $837 for the difference in cost for using the large garbage bins.
Also addressing the board last week was public works employee Pasquale Martorana, who was arrested June 9 and charged with felony misconduct for allegedly falsifying inspection reports. Martorana questioned why the village is forcing him to use his vacation time to pay back the time he was working on Silvestri’s garage. Martorana maintains he did the personal work for Silvestri during his normal working hours with his supervisors’ knowledge.
Silvestri sarcastically asked Martorana if he wanted his employment deficiencies released on Facebook.“Some garage work done in 2008 has brought me to this point,” Silvestri said.
As angry words were exchanged over allegations that more personal work was being done while employees were on the village clock, Marzullo got up from his seat and pointed to Forte, Trustee Alan Kaminiski and Village Manager James “Jay” Dalicandro, saying “I did work for you, you and you!”
When asked if he ever had work done for him by village employees while on the clock, Kaminski said,“Not to my knowledge.” He said the claims are all politically based.
Resident John Spina told Silvestri to “Put it to bed.”
“Prove that it didn’t happen and we’re done. Was he (Forte) paying for the big garbage can or not?” Spina said.
After the meeting Silvestri called the whole event a disgrace.“People want to make a show of it,” he said.“Neighbors are being divided.”
ENOUGH OF THE GAMES

Maywood, IL

#2 Jul 27, 2011
SPINA WONT BE HAPPY UNTIL HE TURNS ELMWOOD PARK INTO A GHETTO LIKE MELROSE AND FRANKLIN PARK. REMEMBER WHEN SOMEBODY MOVES OUT OF TOWN SOMEBODY ELSE NEEDS TO BUY THAT HOUSE . THE MORE OLD TIMERS THAT MOVE JUST LEAVES ROOM FOR MORE TRASH TO MOVE IN. WAKE UP SPINA, START CARING ABOUT YOUR TOWN AND LESS ABOUT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVANTAGE ( BEING VILLAGE ATTORNEY). PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE ONES THAT MAKE EVERYBODY ELSE SUFFER. WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT A GARBAGE CAN OR WHO GETS CONTRACTS. THE TOWN IS A GREAT PLACE, WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERNED NOW WHAT ABOUT THE LAST 20 YEARS. START HELPING THE CAUSE INSTEAD OF RUINING IT. E P IS ONE OF THE LAST STANDING NEIGHBORHOODS THAT STILL FEELS LIKE IT DID YEARS AGO.
Sherlock

Melrose Park, IL

#3 Jul 27, 2011
ENOUGH OF THE GAMES wrote:
SPINA WONT BE HAPPY UNTIL HE TURNS ELMWOOD PARK INTO A GHETTO LIKE MELROSE AND FRANKLIN PARK. REMEMBER WHEN SOMEBODY MOVES OUT OF TOWN SOMEBODY ELSE NEEDS TO BUY THAT HOUSE . THE MORE OLD TIMERS THAT MOVE JUST LEAVES ROOM FOR MORE TRASH TO MOVE IN. WAKE UP SPINA, START CARING ABOUT YOUR TOWN AND LESS ABOUT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVANTAGE ( BEING VILLAGE ATTORNEY). PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE ONES THAT MAKE EVERYBODY ELSE SUFFER. WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT A GARBAGE CAN OR WHO GETS CONTRACTS. THE TOWN IS A GREAT PLACE, WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERNED NOW WHAT ABOUT THE LAST 20 YEARS. START HELPING THE CAUSE INSTEAD OF RUINING IT. E P IS ONE OF THE LAST STANDING NEIGHBORHOODS THAT STILL FEELS LIKE IT DID YEARS AGO.
Yep it's always been a sh*thole full of ignorant morons like you. It's just replacing a italian ghetto with a diverse ghetto when other groups move in. The neighborhood gets run down when lowclass morons with no education run it. It's funny how you talk about how great it used to be.
el gordo

Maywood, IL

#4 Jul 28, 2011
Sherlock wrote:
<quoted text> Yep it's always been a sh*thole full of ignorant morons like you. It's just replacing a italian ghetto with a diverse ghetto when other groups move in. The neighborhood gets run down when lowclass morons with no education run it. It's funny how you talk about how great it used to be.
Just the facts. Show me a town that turned hispanic and i will show you lower property values, higher violence, and lower education scores. You want facts than please let me know were a town full of mexicans have ever improved any value to there area. bottom line is that they turn everything into little durango. Your best res ponce is that its better than corrupt officials. I dont know about you but i would rather live in a beautiful corrupt town than a legit ghetto any day. Good luck with your argument puto.
Sherlock

Melrose Park, IL

#5 Jul 28, 2011
el gordo wrote:
<quoted text>Just the facts. Show me a town that turned hispanic and i will show you lower property values, higher violence, and lower education scores. You want facts than please let me know were a town full of mexicans have ever improved any value to there area. bottom line is that they turn everything into little durango. Your best res ponce is that its better than corrupt officials. I dont know about you but i would rather live in a beautiful corrupt town than a legit ghetto any day. Good luck with your argument puto.
I'd rather have a mexican or black person for a neighbor than a low class ghetto person like you who can't smell his own shit.
el flaco

Elmwood Park, IL

#6 Jul 28, 2011
This is awesome! The trustee is busted for stealing from the village but the resident who calls him out is the one being attacked here!
margie schultz

Plano, IL

#7 Apr 15, 2012
elmwood park is the most dirty and corrupt village to live in and it is the most back stabbing dirty pool community there ever was and is.
joe

El Segundo, CA

#9 Dec 16, 2012
So far..... Margie knows what she is talking about.
same old stuff

Palatine, IL

#10 Mar 11, 2013
?
Nicola Antonio

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 23, 2013
Inspector was never guilty. Proven in a court of law!
big nose

Elmwood Park, IL

#12 Mar 23, 2013
Congratulations! When did Pasquale get off the hook and why isn't anyone mentioning it somewhere to show he's innocent, after all the slander he took from village officials on their bogus village attack?
Joshua

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 17, 2014
Your a MORON fir even leaving this message. LEARN PRINCIPAL IDIOT....CAUSE THIS VILLAGE HAS HAD NO.LEADERS WITH AND FOR 30 YEARS....
ENOUGH OF THE GAMES wrote:
SPINA WONT BE HAPPY UNTIL HE TURNS ELMWOOD PARK INTO A GHETTO LIKE MELROSE AND FRANKLIN PARK. REMEMBER WHEN SOMEBODY MOVES OUT OF TOWN SOMEBODY ELSE NEEDS TO BUY THAT HOUSE . THE MORE OLD TIMERS THAT MOVE JUST LEAVES ROOM FOR MORE TRASH TO MOVE IN. WAKE UP SPINA, START CARING ABOUT YOUR TOWN AND LESS ABOUT YOUR FINANCIAL ADVANTAGE ( BEING VILLAGE ATTORNEY). PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE ONES THAT MAKE EVERYBODY ELSE SUFFER. WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT A GARBAGE CAN OR WHO GETS CONTRACTS. THE TOWN IS A GREAT PLACE, WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERNED NOW WHAT ABOUT THE LAST 20 YEARS. START HELPING THE CAUSE INSTEAD OF RUINING IT. E P IS ONE OF THE LAST STANDING NEIGHBORHOODS THAT STILL FEELS LIKE IT DID YEARS AGO.
the queen

Melrose Park, IL

#14 Sep 18, 2014
A community that supports scum like Faggiano and Wasilenko needs some major changes!
sloppy seconds

Chicago, IL

#15 Oct 21, 2014
the queen wrote:
A community that supports scum like Faggiano and Wasilenko needs some major changes!
Amen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elmwood Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many cars can a Mexican park on one block 57 min Fresh and clean 1
Poll What about the loss of Elliott's Dairy? (Mar '10) 4 hr Louise 53
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 4 hr RIP 1,613
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 11 hr Profits Over Lives 8,967
pete venute Fri WILDBILL 24
News Dr. Les Golden is Charged by Oak Park Park's wi... (May '09) Fri uhhhhh 5
News I'm mad -- I got Berwyn's $100 camera traffic t... (Feb '12) Fri Biffmontoya 38

Elmwood Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elmwood Park Mortgages