Should Elmwood Park adopt an "English...

Should Elmwood Park adopt an "English Only" Policy

Created by Ashamed on Aug 1, 2009

169 votes

Click on an option to vote

YES

NO

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kimmie

Lake Forest, IL

#1 Aug 6, 2009
Yes, and stop having tax payers pay for translators!!!!! No child left behind, oh brother!
Ashamed

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 7, 2009
Kimmie wrote:
Yes, and stop having tax payers pay for translators!!!!! No child left behind, oh brother!
Last year, Kmart put up a billboard at harlem and grand facing south IN SPANSIH..!!

when does this BS end?
I agree

Downers Grove, IL

#3 Aug 7, 2009
the only way to learn english is to struggle a little bit. Unfortunately, the Mexicans and POlish do not have to adapt because of the Politically correct BullS#it that is floating around our society
Ashamed

Chicago, IL

#4 Aug 7, 2009
I agree wrote:
the only way to learn english is to struggle a little bit. Unfortunately, the Mexicans and POlish do not have to adapt because of the Politically correct BullS#it that is floating around our society
again what I dont get is why would you come to a country to "work" where you did't speak the language..but I guess common sense means nothing
Not Confused

Elmwood Park, IL

#5 Oct 2, 2009
You might want to check with corporate America. I'm sure they can answer the questions. Shouldn't we also object also to the fact higher wages are offered for "bilingual"? How about we get paid higher wages for being fluent in our own language?
kimmie

Carol Stream, IL

#6 Oct 2, 2009
Not Confused wrote:
You might want to check with corporate America. I'm sure they can answer the questions. Shouldn't we also object also to the fact higher wages are offered for "bilingual"? How about we get paid higher wages for being fluent in our own language?
or just being good at the job!
Not Confused

Elmwood Park, IL

#7 Oct 3, 2009
SOOOO Right! But being good at a job these days is NOT what Corporate America is looking for. They are looking to pay lowest wages possible and to heck with knowledge, dependability or longevitiy. I guess I get sick of hearing about helping Corporate America because they "supposedly" are the ones who give the jobs. Yeah right. They give the jobs to illegals or legal immigrants, whichever will work for the least, cut costs, outsource the rest and stick the higher profits in their pockets to maintain their lambergini's, yachts, multiple homes and vacation spots. Notice how EVERY business advertises in Spanish...they WANT the business, so they cater to it. America better get a wakeup call because soon, it will be us Americans crawling across the border in the opposite direction.
sjm

Chicago, IL

#8 Oct 5, 2009
Want to live in this country, learn the lanuage.
As long as we keep putting everthing in Spanish and polish, they will never learn.
If you want to speak spanish go back to Mexico.
NCC

Chicago, IL

#9 Oct 6, 2009
Should Elmwood Park adopt an "English Only" Policy?

No! America should adopt "English Only"!
pissed

Chicago, IL

#10 Oct 31, 2009
get the bulldozers out and shove em all back to mexico
thinker

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Oct 31, 2009
If you look at history books,, the Mexican Indian natives were here before Columbus came around. This is not taught or mentioned too much in schools. Look that up and see what you think.
reply

Montgomery, IL

#12 Oct 31, 2009
thinker wrote:
If you look at history books,, the Mexican Indian natives were here before Columbus came around. This is not taught or mentioned too much in schools. Look that up and see what you think.
hey, you just hit it on the head! and since cave men were everywhere first we should all speak in grunts.
Gertrude

Chicago, IL

#13 Nov 1, 2009
yup
reply wrote:
<quoted text>
hey, you just hit it on the head! and since cave men were everywhere first we should all speak in grunts.
pissed

Chicago, IL

#14 Nov 2, 2009
reply wrote:
<quoted text>
hey, you just hit it on the head! and since cave men were everywhere first we should all speak in grunts.
Spanish woudl be preffered
Think before you speak

Elmwood Park, IL

#15 Nov 15, 2009
sjm wrote:
Want to live in this country, learn the lanuage.
As long as we keep putting everthing in Spanish and polish, they will never learn.
If you want to speak spanish go back to Mexico.
Its not just Mexicans who speak Spanish.........

“Keep it real”

Since: Nov 09

Chicago

#16 Nov 15, 2009
Its honestly so damn ridiculous how some of you people are racist. I think that people need to join as a union and accept each other as one versus considering yourself superior or even feeling threatened by Mexicans and blacks. Whats even more upsetting is Irish and Italians endured what Mexicans currrently are enduring. All of you Italian-Americans had grandparents that immigrated here and they spoke no english, what should you say about that? America is the melting pot and everyone needs to help each other. I HATE RACISM!
Elmwood_Consienc e

Chicago, IL

#17 Nov 16, 2009
Lyrixal Shaman wrote:
Its honestly so damn ridiculous how some of you people are racist. I think that people need to join as a union and accept each other as one versus considering yourself superior or even feeling threatened by Mexicans and blacks. Whats even more upsetting is Irish and Italians endured what Mexicans currrently are enduring. All of you Italian-Americans had grandparents that immigrated here and they spoke no english, what should you say about that? America is the melting pot and everyone needs to help each other. I HATE RACISM!
You must be smoking the Hopium
Kimmie

United States

#18 Nov 16, 2009
My polock neighbor blares his polock radio from his garage and I need to call the cops once a week because of it and because the jag doesn't speak english when I tell him to turn it down. Ya, I said it, polock!
and yes Italians, Irish, whatever had to endure the same but they never tried to force their nationality on anyone!
Elmwood_Consienc e

Chicago, IL

#19 Nov 17, 2009
Kimmie wrote:
My polock neighbor blares his polock radio from his garage and I need to call the cops once a week because of it and because the jag doesn't speak english when I tell him to turn it down. Ya, I said it, polock!
and yes Italians, Irish, whatever had to endure the same but they never tried to force their nationality on anyone!
"Hey Stosh..Turn the fu k'n radio down!!!
Elmwood_Consienc e

Chicago, IL

#20 Nov 17, 2009
Kimmie wrote:
My polock neighbor blares his polock radio from his garage and I need to call the cops once a week because of it and because the jag doesn't speak english when I tell him to turn it down. Ya, I said it, polock!
and yes Italians, Irish, whatever had to endure the same but they never tried to force their nationality on anyone!
She's an idiot.."I hate racism"
She doesnt even know what racism really is. She's only going off what the media has conditioned her to believe. All the while elmwood park, once beautiful, is being turned into the 3rd world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elmwood Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Korean War vet being sued by Franklin Park may... 2 hr Harley 3
Acevedo should PR get a Bailout 2 hr Harley 3
pete venute 3 hr WILDBILL 12
Summers around the corner do we need Mexicans i... 16 hr Hitler 4
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 17 hr Common Sense 8,774
Dick Fitzwell for Mayor 19 hr Farewell Dick 1
Mayor Of Franklin Park Lost Home Rule 19 hr Farewell Dick 72
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elmwood Park Mortgages