Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 50,063

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#37616 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly honey, I'm the one pointing out facts, you are in serious denial.
You can't even explain a simple analogy.
Smile.
It's already flawed for trying to combine homosexual marriage and having children as a single issue when it is not. If you cannot even understand why these are separate issues why would I waste my time trying to pick apart your stupid analogy, which is just you repeating the same points again and again only using different words this time and fails to make any points whatsoever.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#37617 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I care because denial hurts everybody.
Moreover we are talking about the most essential relationships of humanity, marriage and family.
The only thing you have is a friendship. Numerous relationships qualify.
Happy Valentines!
Funny, most of my friendships don't come with making out, sex, and "where is this heading" serious talks.

I am certainly most curious how this "denial" is hurting you specifically, don't be afraid to leave out all the painful details of what you must surely suffer through daily.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#37618 Feb 14, 2013
Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, most of my friendships don't come with making out, sex, and "where is this heading" serious talks.
I am certainly most curious how this "denial" is hurting you specifically, don't be afraid to leave out all the painful details of what you must surely suffer through daily.
OOh, careful! You might be hitting a little too close to home regarding s-s relationships and denial....

My Kimare does have issues, if you know what I'm saying.
hey you

Saint Louis, MO

#37619 Feb 14, 2013
Is today the day?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#37620 Feb 14, 2013
hey you wrote:
Is today the day?
Today is always the day.
But today, in particular, should be the day.
Are you going to make today "the day"?

I'm Kimare's inner lesbian and I approve this message.
hey you

Saint Louis, MO

#37621 Feb 14, 2013
today could be the day for Illinois.
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Today is always the day.
But today, in particular, should be the day.
Are you going to make today "the day"?
I'm Kimare's inner lesbian and I approve this message.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#37622 Feb 14, 2013
While procreation has never been a requirement for marriage, even that irrational excuse ignores the fact that gay people can and do reproduce, and are raising children either biologically related or adopted. Denial of equal treatment under the law provides nothing to opposite sex couple families. It only harms same sex couple families needlessly.

Marriage is a fundamental right of the individual. The only eligibility requirement is being human. Reasonable restrictions include age, ability to demonstrate informed consent, and not being closely related or currently married. Gay people qualify.

Gay people are asking to be treated equally under the laws in the remaining states that do not yet recognize their marriages, and by the federal government.

The desire to discriminate on the bases of gender provides no legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of this fundamental right.
mother superior

Waterloo, IL

#37623 Feb 14, 2013
What..ever!
Not Yet Equal wrote:
While procreation has never been a requirement for marriage, even that irrational excuse ignores the fact that gay people can and do reproduce, and are raising children either biologically related or adopted. Denial of equal treatment under the law provides nothing to opposite sex couple families. It only harms same sex couple families needlessly.
Marriage is a fundamental right of the individual. The only eligibility requirement is being human. Reasonable restrictions include age, ability to demonstrate informed consent, and not being closely related or currently married. Gay people qualify.
Gay people are asking to be treated equally under the laws in the remaining states that do not yet recognize their marriages, and by the federal government.
The desire to discriminate on the bases of gender provides no legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of this fundamental right.
LOCAL

Harrisburg, IL

#37624 Feb 14, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Very weak argument
hey hey

Davenport, IA

#37626 Feb 14, 2013
Wow
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#37627 Feb 14, 2013
LOCAL wrote:
<quoted text>
Very weak argument
Sez who? Fred Phelps? Paul Cameron? LOLAY!
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#37628 Feb 14, 2013
mother superior wrote:
What..ever!
<quoted text>
IOW, you have no way to counter his arguments. Good for you to raise the white flag. LOLAY!
mother superior

Waterloo, IL

#37629 Feb 14, 2013
In the nicest possible way.
I would like to say, "GO F YOURSELF"
Bless you my dear.
The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW, you have no way to counter his arguments. Good for you to raise the white flag. LOLAY!
Born Again Gay

Alpharetta, GA

#37630 Feb 14, 2013
The Illinois Senate passed a measure Thursday to legalize same-sex marriage, voting 34-21!!!!!
Its another Miracle!
Thank you GOD; for protecting and watching over us; in this Land of Homophobic Rednecks and Snarling Evangelical Fundies
Amen; and Amen

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#37631 Feb 14, 2013
Don't tell Kimare (the queen of fruits and nuts), but Marriage equality just got very real in Illinois.
farmboy

Carol Stream, IL

#37632 Feb 14, 2013
Not all rednecks are homophobic. Im on your side.
mother superior

Waterloo, IL

#37633 Feb 14, 2013
Bless you jon jon
Marengo Jon wrote:
Don't tell Kimare (the queen of fruits and nuts), but Marriage equality just got very real in Illinois.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#37634 Feb 14, 2013
Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
It's already flawed for trying to combine homosexual marriage and having children as a single issue when it is not. If you cannot even understand why these are separate issues why would I waste my time trying to pick apart your stupid analogy, which is just you repeating the same points again and again only using different words this time and fails to make any points whatsoever.
You have TWO mistakes! There is no such thing as a gay 'marriage', and of course it is impossible for them to have children.

Only a heterosexual couple can, and the best setting for that is marriage.

Who gives you the right to eliminate children from the equation, just because your relationship is desolate and barren of them?

The analogy is perfect, because it takes a simple example from nature. You understand it perfectly, you just don't like it, do you.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#37635 Feb 14, 2013
The IL Senate is known for the wisdom or lack thereof of it's votes...

Smirk.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#37637 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
The IL Senate is known for the wisdom or lack thereof of it's votes...
Smirk.
Well, here's where your opinion is, yet again, irrelevant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elmwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Top of the Heap 4,054
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Sep 27 Blwlgo 1,934
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Sep 20 fosterbrooks 156
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Aug '14 nono 6,593
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Chicagobunny 528
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 rdarbin 641
IL Who do you support for Treasurer in Illinois in... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Chicagobunny 113
Elmwood Dating
Find my Match

Elmwood Jobs

Elmwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elmwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elmwood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]