Elmont residents: where are they now?

Elmont residents: where are they now?

There are 1 comment on the South Shore Record story from Aug 17, 2011, titled Elmont residents: where are they now?. In it, South Shore Record reports that:

What do old Elmont residents miss about the community? Four ex-residents told the Herald what they did while they lived in Elmont, what they miss most and what they'd do if they came back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Shore Record.

Kathe

Fairfield, OH

#1 Aug 18, 2011
I lived in Elmont, NY for the first 17 years of my life...born and raised there. I loved it...I guess because it was my home. I loved playing "stick ball" on the side street with all my friends. I loved going across the street to my friends pool---we had one, but their's was a bigger, deeper one. I loved going to EMHS....all my friends were there. I loved playing touch football on the gulley grass. I loved riding my bike up to Carvel's for that so good ice cream. I loved taking accordian lessons at the music store on Linden Blvd. I loved riding the bus to Alden Terrace Elementary School where my Mom was the PTA President. I loved cutting classes and going across the street to the bowling alley and hanging with my friends. I have such good memories of my childhood in Elmont. I now live in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing Fresh Meadows 12 hr Kenihak Tavarez 1
News Store owner charged in sale of fake Gibson guit... (Sep '07) Thu Barbara Crowley 53
Letterman - Leno Jailed Cloak Robbed Wal Marts ... Apr 16 Homeboy 1
Letterman - Leno Jailed Cloak Robbed Wal Marts ... Apr 16 Homeboy 1
News Inside New York's silent sex trafficking epidemic Apr 16 William Jefferson... 1
News Minority student at Stuyvesant aims to fight fo... Apr 15 Paul 2
Corrupt District 6 Sanitation Department (Town ... (Jun '13) Mar '18 Man of honor 5

Elmont Jobs

Personal Finance

Elmont Mortgages