L.I. Fire Dept. to Change Confederate...

L.I. Fire Dept. to Change Confederate Flag Logo After NBC Probe

There are 5 comments on the WNBC story from Jan 24, 2011, titled L.I. Fire Dept. to Change Confederate Flag Logo After NBC Probe. In it, WNBC reports that:

An NBCNewYork investigation has led the Elmont Fire Department to change the logo of it's Engine Company 3 that contained the confederate flag.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNBC.

“Obama: Leading us to failure”

Since: Jul 09

The United States of America

#1 Jan 26, 2011
Crime committed by Blacks is ignored by Black community leaders in Elmont.
JPl3

Homosassa, FL

#2 Jan 28, 2011
Elmont has turned into an extension of Queens Village and is getting worse every day. Almost weekly there is another story about a robbery, burglary, assault, shooting, etc, yet this is ignored by the self promoting so called black "leaders" of Elmont. Leaders who scream of racism yet remain embarrassing silent when it comes to crimes committed by their own race.
Elmont will continue to slip towards the Ghetto status its new "diverse" community seems to welcome.
It was such a nice place to grow up... damn shame
Race Team

Chicago, IL

#3 Nov 7, 2011
Less, about Flags and more about the Race Team drills, Elmont Volley gets hurt, Elmost scrambles for answers how, why, and how they spend Tax funds, and millions on a Race team and drills.

“Obama: Leading us to failure”

Since: Jul 09

The United States of America

#4 Dec 20, 2011
Learn English you boob
Better Judgement

Great Neck, NY

#5 Dec 20, 2011
You are the boob, Captain America, bringing up the Elmont FD a month AFTER the last post in NOvember. The Confederate flag is a symbol of racism and bigotry and, for a volunteer fire department to flaunt this emblem, is hypocrisy and an insult to the American flag. We're not rednecks here, I hope, and should not act like a wild bunch of beasties. I would like to hear the upshot of the racing team and the injuries suffered by competitors in practice a few months ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mortar fireworks 1 hr Kojak 1
Is the Long Island job market keeping up with t... Sat LongIslandBusines... 1
News Development in College Point is wreaking havoc ... Sat marilyn sullivan 1
N Faunch, fraud, conman, liar, cocaine addict. Sat Brandy S 3
D. B. Cooper AKA Joe Krupinski Fri Maude 1
Nicholas Faunch -- Theif, Liar, cocaine addict ... Fri CW W 2
News NYPD Daily Blotter (Jun '11) Thu Teema 7
More from around the web

Elmont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE