Two dead in separate motorcycle accid...

Two dead in separate motorcycle accidents

There are 13 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 13, 2008, titled Two dead in separate motorcycle accidents. In it, Newsday reports that:

Two motorcyclists were killed Sunday in separate crashes on Long Island . A Medford man died after he lost control of his motorcycle on Express Drive North in his hometown, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

bob

Bayside, NY

#1 Jul 13, 2008
more deaths on the most dangerous roads in new york, it makes a lot of sense that levy is cutting cops

“There's Only One ME!”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#2 Jul 13, 2008
The motorcycle "accidents" are becoming as frequent as the "accidental" drownings. When will we all wakeup and realize this too, CAN happen to any of us? The responsibility and accountability begin with each of us.
liner

Rocky Point, NY

#3 Jul 13, 2008
bob wrote:
more deaths on the most dangerous roads in new york, it makes a lot of sense that levy is cutting cops
Levy hasn't cut any cops on the roads these guys were killed on. What else ya got?
Twenty Years old

West Islip, NY

#4 Jul 13, 2008
and these ones, were over 25.
Can't blame age this time around.
Richard Hurtz

Medford, NY

#7 Jul 13, 2008
bob wrote:
You must be brainless....Cops don't "pre-empt" an accident, they respond to scrape the bloody mess off the road after a motercycle accident.
DEVO

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 13, 2008
I'm with Hurtz on this one. Thrillseekers get exactly what they deserve. There's no real tragedy here.
eric

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#10 Jul 13, 2008
rip fellow riders..

way too many people passing away this season. be safe out there everyone and i send my condolences to the family and friends of both. the people making ignorant comments will get their karma..thats for sure.
Newsday Phucknblows

Rye, NY

#11 Jul 13, 2008
bob wrote:
What the hell does Levy cutting cops have to do with a jackass hitting a curb. LEVY FOR GOVERNOR
Paying Attention

Newark, NJ

#12 Jul 13, 2008
bob wrote:

Levy hasn't cut any cops on the roads these guys were killed on. What else ya got?

That's right and over 4th of July weeknd Suffolk still arrested more drunk drivers than congested Nassau County! So don't even go there.

My condolences to the families
Paying Attention

Newark, NJ

#13 Jul 13, 2008
Newsday Phucknblows wrote:
<quoted text> What the hell does Levy cutting cops have to do with a jackass hitting a curb. LEVY FOR GOVERNOR
Ditto!
DJA

Stratford, CT

#14 Jul 14, 2008
RIP Big Pete!!!!! You'll be missed!!!
fed up

New York, NY

#15 Jul 17, 2008
Elmont neighborhood motorcyclists seem to get their kicks roaring up and down Meacham Avenue and neighboring streets, especially emanating from the bike shop and annoying residents. The same goes for the punks in their souped-up cars.
I guess noise ordinances and common decent respect for others is not as much fun as intimidation.
At the same time, the numerous trucks parked on Meacham Avenue make it impossible to safely look before turning from the side streets, especially by Sapienza's Bakery. For this reason, All parking should be banned along Meacham. Go park the trucks in Pathmarks lot and try walking, it will do you good.
PIFLO

West Babylon, NY

#16 Aug 6, 2008
DAMN TRUCKS...That's why he's dead IMO....he WAS NOT at fault....not at all..that truck who hit him KILLED him
fed up wrote:
Elmont neighborhood motorcyclists seem to get their kicks roaring up and down Meacham Avenue and neighboring streets, especially emanating from the bike shop and annoying residents. The same goes for the punks in their souped-up cars.
I guess noise ordinances and common decent respect for others is not as much fun as intimidation.
At the same time, the numerous trucks parked on Meacham Avenue make it impossible to safely look before turning from the side streets, especially by Sapienza's Bakery. For this reason, All parking should be banned along Meacham. Go park the trucks in Pathmarks lot and try walking, it will do you good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Politician demanded $250K bribe for funding non... 1 hr mjjcpa 1
News This dog walker probably makes more money than ... 23 hr TW_sugar_daddio 2
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Franklin Square (Jun '15) Sun Tara M 17
News Healthcare Aide Charged With Stealing from Pati... (Oct '10) Feb 4 AMM 3
Better Nutrition for Cancer Patients Feb 4 Willard Ford 1
News Glendale Priest Reported to DA - (Oct '07) Feb 4 Stephen W 23
News New York's 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested (May '13) Feb 2 Taffy 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elmont Mortgages