Suspect sought in Elmont shooting, robbery

Full story: Newsday

A man walking in Elmont was robbed of a gold chain and shot in the shoulder Tuesday afternoon, police said.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jul 10, 2011
elmont

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 16, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

people still live in that town , oh that right the ghetto came in and ran out all those nice italian people.
Elmont

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 16, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Italians are still there and they're not all nice. And this child of "the ghetto", as you so eloquently put it, also noticed that your grammar is off point. Maybe you should have went to school in Elmont like me.
elmont wrote:
people still live in that town , oh that right the ghetto came in and ran out all those nice italian people.
god

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 16, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

you mean scalemont..a sh-t hole of a place
Elmont not

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 16, 2008
 
Elmont wrote:
also noticed that your grammar is off point. Maybe you should have went to school in Elmont like me.
<quoted text>
I'd check that last sentence before throwing stones.
LIVE

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 16, 2008
 
ELMONT RESIDENT FOR ABOUT 21 YRS AND THIS SEEMS TO BE A GROWING PROBLEM. SHOOTING AFTER SHOOTING. NASSAU NEEDS TO SPEND MORE MONEY HIRING MORE POLICE TO PATROL AND SPEND LESS MONEY PAYING POLICE TO ENTER PLATE NUMBERS IN KNOWN DRUG AREAS.
Elmont

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 16, 2008
 

Judged:

1

I apologize. You should have gone to school in Elmont like me. I can take criticism Levittown, just not ignorance.
Chief

Butler, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 16, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Elmont WAS a nice place. Now it's the Bed-Sty. of nassau. Everyday Elmont makes the police blotter.We all know what changed it too! It's a shame but NO surprise...
My Elmont Education B---

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 17, 2008
 

Judged:

1

What the article doesnt tell you is that the guy is blood, and there was a robbery involved with drugs in the same part of queens he was "buying jewlery" in. sooo WAHHHH he got shot, whoever shot him was doing us a favor. I lived in elmont my wholeee life i went to the shitty public schools and still do and i heard stories about other schools in NYC and I'm thankful i live in elmont.
So stop blaming it on the idea that the people you call trash comming from the city are ruining the town, get your fat asses away from the computer and do something. The reason ALL of america is in a complete turmoil right now is because all of the corrupt politicians running our lives because we never speak for ourselves. Go out and vote for someone that would make a difference and if you think no one can RUN YOURSELF(matter fact please god dont!).
You think your saving yourselves by fleeing to florida or North carolina?? Noo because to them you are the trash New Yorkers seeking to ruin there community as you think of the queens people are to elmont.
Maybe if you put down the article on Britney getting knocked up AGAIN and do something to better the country and town YOU LIVE IN and come to the realizatin that the people running our country, states, county's DON'T care about us. We're fending for ourselves. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT AND STOP BLOGGING ON BULLS**T
LIVE

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 18, 2008
 

Judged:

1

SO ITS OK TO SHOOT PEOPLE NOW? LETS FIND THE SHOOTER AND PRAISE HIS.. MAYBE EVEN ELECT HIM FOR OFFICE...
No Its MY ELMONT

Great Neck, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 20, 2008
 

Judged:

1

My Elmont Education B--- wrote:
What the article doesnt tell you is that the guy is blood, and there was a robbery involved with drugs in the same part of queens he was "buying jewlery" in. sooo WAHHHH he got shot, whoever shot him was doing us a favor. I lived in elmont my wholeee life i went to the shitty public schools and still do and i heard stories about other schools in NYC and I'm thankful i live in elmont.
So stop blaming it on the idea that the people you call trash comming from the city are ruining the town, get your fat asses away from the computer and do something. The reason ALL of america is in a complete turmoil right now is because all of the corrupt politicians running our lives because we never speak for ourselves. Go out and vote for someone that would make a difference and if you think no one can RUN YOURSELF(matter fact please god dont!).
You think your saving yourselves by fleeing to florida or North carolina?? Noo because to them you are the trash New Yorkers seeking to ruin there community as you think of the queens people are to elmont.
Maybe if you put down the article on Britney getting knocked up AGAIN and do something to better the country and town YOU LIVE IN and come to the realizatin that the people running our country, states, county's DON'T care about us. We're fending for ourselves. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT AND STOP BLOGGING ON BULLS**T
I hope his little brother and the rest of his family aren't reading about you celebrating the death of their loved one. Maybe I'll tell some of his good friends you think so at his funeral. Yeah. I heard he didn't make it.
Elmont11003

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 18, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Elmont was always a town in transition, and it always will be. Its unfair to blame the increase in crime on the currant residents becuase most of the crime still comes from the lawless burrows of N.Y.C. 16 of my friends died in that town and it was from 1988-2003, Drugs , Drive bys, Murders, and self inflicted deaths. Elmont was a nice town when it was called Foster's Medows 100 freakin years agoe. they clossed the roller skating rink { Roller Castle / Wal Cliffe} in the ealy 80s beacuase of shottings, Look It UP !
chenz62

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 4, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wherever Europeans went, things thrived, were built up and were civilized. Wherever other races went, Third-World-itis set in. No one wants to say the truth. So be it. My father always said: Stay a step or two ahead of those "people".
239 Elmont

Far Rockaway, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 23, 2009
 

Judged:

1

god wrote:
you mean scalemont..a sh-t hole of a place
And your sitting on your computer and posting from the crack, prostitute and gang infested Bronx; the sh-ttiest of sh-t holes.... The pot calling the kettle black....

To the poster that insinuated that the Italians moved out; NEGATIVE. Many still reside and remain as RACIST as ever....
239 Elmont

Far Rockaway, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 23, 2009
 
Please do the other races or "those people" as you refer to them a favor and off yourself.

Maybe then "those people" can excel, or as you say "stay a step or two ahead" without having to endure the nescience of individuals such as yourself.

It is unfortunate that there are many people within our communities, in addition to corporate America who share your distorted perspectives.

This is America. A country that consists of all races, colors and creeds. It seems that YOU along with other posters can not handle this. So here's a resolution, you can either go back to wherever you came from, or FIND somewhere to go.

I'd prefer that it be hell...
New York Also

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 23, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

I LOVED going to Elmont's Walcliff Pool/Skating Rink YEARS ago.

My friends and I were summer day camp kids from Queens - and that was the place they would take us a few times a week - this was in the early 60s.

Thanks Elmont for bringing that up in a previous post - I have great memories of that place.
iPad elmont

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 2, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Wow! watt kind of scum hates on elmont?
Love Elmont

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 10, 2011
 

Judged:

2

Thank God most of those Italians moved, when they did so did the Mafia and the other assorted low life's! Sure they can keep up the lawns and build up the community with crime money (blood money). Guess they can't handle it when other races move in they just might find out how corrupt they really are!
Love Elmont

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

elmont wrote:
people still live in that town , oh that right the ghetto came in and ran out all those nice italian people.
I hope that whenever you need help in the middle of the night or at another desperate moment in your life I hope that that so called ghetto person who comes to help you sees you for what you are ( a racist) and just leaves you there helpless.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elmont Discussions

Search the Elmont Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
St Johns Hospital 5 hr Joyce M 1
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr College Professor 6,391
2 dead in drive-by shooting in NYC, including r... Mon Air_Force1 2
Need to Get a Birth Certificate (Feb '07) Sun natadqt 24
Thomas Hoey Jr. wants to get out on bail to sav... Aug 15 Justice served 8
August 2: Rev. Al Sharpton, John Liu and Ray Rice Aug 14 Jack 2
Hindu priest charged in teen's rape (Sep '06) Aug 13 My Way Or Yahweh 25
•••
•••

Elmont News Video

•••
•••

Elmont Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elmont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Elmont News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elmont
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••