Four injured after Elmont drive-by shooting

Jun 30, 2008 Read more: Newsday 152
Four people were injured in Elmont after a barbecue party turned violent, reports say. Read more
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Observer

West Hempstead, NY

#162 Jul 1, 2008
"To Cousin"

Cannot edit but also to meant to add -- thank you for taking the higher ground says a lot about your character. The ones posting these vile, racist comments have proven their ignorance; no need to stoop to their level.
The Family Guy

Greenwich, CT

#163 Jul 2, 2008
NYC wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop living in the past, stop using the past as an excuse.
This 16 year old was never a slave, he never had to leave his family to find work so boo hoo with your sob story
Sounds like Social Studies taught by Dr. Leonard Jeffries at CUNY.
red white and blue

AOL

#166 Jul 7, 2008
The Family Guy wrote:
I thought Elmont was a bad area, but neighboring New Hyde Park is by far the White Trash center for all of Nassau County, even surpassing Levittown. Did you see the story about the Trash Punks that went on the rampage last week outside of Stop & Shop in New Hyde Park? They claimed they did so after playing Grand Theft Auto on Play Station. Creeps!
Hey jurk-off wwhite trash...first story about New Hyde Park in along time...beautiful crime filled Elmont makes the news just about everyday! As everyone thinks Terrace Ave is off the turnpike in Elmont and the other Terrace Ave is down the block in Hempstead...they are right!
The Family Guy

Greenwich, CT

#167 Jul 8, 2008
red white and blue wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey jurk-off wwhite trash...first story about New Hyde Park in along time...beautiful crime filled Elmont makes the news just about everyday! As everyone thinks Terrace Ave is off the turnpike in Elmont and the other Terrace Ave is down the block in Hempstead...they are right!
Sorry to disapoint YOU, but New Hyde Park is headed down the same path as Elmont, after all, it is in the same High School District (Sewanaka). New Hyde Park, especially the Village, especially the Village South of Jericho Turnpike near the LIRR tracks (fittingly) has lots of you know what trash moving in. These kids act like gang banger wannabes and dress with their pants falling off and walk down the streets in packs with a gait that looks like they are walking on an earthquake. Like Elmont, New Hyde Park used to be a nice place to live. Not anymore. Unfortunately.

“E Pluribus F&P!”

Since: Jan 08

Floral Park

#168 Jul 8, 2008
Su-z-q wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are replaced with rib joints, bodegas and check cashing stores. All covered in graffiti.
Not a one on Meacham Avenue, although the original Primavera owners sold, and it's not nearly as good.

“E Pluribus F&P!”

Since: Jan 08

Floral Park

#169 Jul 8, 2008
The Family Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disapoint YOU, but New Hyde Park is headed down the same path as Elmont, after all, it is in the same High School District (Sewanaka). New Hyde Park, especially the Village, especially the Village South of Jericho Turnpike near the LIRR tracks (fittingly) has lots of you know what trash moving in. These kids act like gang banger wannabes and dress with their pants falling off and walk down the streets in packs with a gait that looks like they are walking on an earthquake. Like Elmont, New Hyde Park used to be a nice place to live. Not anymore. Unfortunately.
I think the decline of NHP is greatly exaggerated and will take some time before it gets to Elmont status. Floral Park is also in the Sewanhaka district and we are doing ok.
The Family Guy

Greenwich, CT

#170 Jul 9, 2008
There are sections of Floral Park that are exceptionally beautiful, such as the area around Tulip Lane which has a Norman Rockwell Americana type of feel. However, New Hyde Park, especially within the Village mostly is really declining. Too bad. It used to be great place.
Heart

Trenton, NJ

#171 Jul 17, 2008
I feel that a lot of people are writting stereotypical comments.Do to the fact that Elmont isn't Italian and Irish anymore you think that is the downfall of the community? Well do to facts White people are arrested more then the average african american . And the resivism rate for white americans is hire then any race. Lets deal with the issue as so. People are messing up

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

#172 Jul 17, 2008
Heart wrote:
I feel that a lot of people are writting stereotypical comments.Do to the fact that Elmont isn't Italian and Irish anymore you think that is the downfall of the community? Well do to facts White people are arrested more then the average african american . And the resivism rate for white americans is hire then any race. Lets deal with the issue as so. People are messing up
Perhaps you can tell me why the recidivism rate for blacks is almost 17%(greater than that for whites)? The USDOJ reports that 64% of those in prison are black/minorities.
Care to go another round and figure out why these things happen in minority neighborhoods?
red white and blue

AOL

#174 Jul 20, 2008
The Family Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess your living in a 5 mile radius bubble in "any town" Long Island. If you have not noticed that no town is exempt from the sshhit that walks,drives into, and visits our many different towns. I have to laugh that people are still living in the bubble that certain towns are still safe....right! As I mentioned before, the trash circulates in everytown from Mastic to Massapequa from Greenport to Great Neck...its that simple. These aa-holes that keep saying "oh my god I have lived here for 30 years and nothing like this happens because its a quiet block"....wake up and start realizing we are the 6th Boro of crime,drugs,etc.,etc....keep thinking Green Acres mall is safe during the daytime or take your family to Jones Beach...let me know when you wake up!!
The Family Guy

Greenwich, CT

#175 Jul 21, 2008
red white and blue wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess your living in a 5 mile radius bubble in "any town" Long Island. If you have not noticed that no town is exempt from the sshhit that walks,drives into, and visits our many different towns. I have to laugh that people are still living in the bubble that certain towns are still safe....right! As I mentioned before, the trash circulates in everytown from Mastic to Massapequa from Greenport to Great Neck...its that simple. These aa-holes that keep saying "oh my god I have lived here for 30 years and nothing like this happens because its a quiet block"....wake up and start realizing we are the 6th Boro of crime,drugs,etc.,etc....keep thinking Green Acres mall is safe during the daytime or take your family to Jones Beach...let me know when you wake up!!
Sorry, but I woke up a very long time ago; Just the opposite, I have not slept for a good while because the rot and infestation that has invaded our communities is ceratainly cause for concern. However, I do agree with you on the rest of your commentary. Most of Long island has become a cesspool of disrespectful people and families that have no concept of decency and decorum. However, I will say that some neighborhoods seem more prone to crime than others, namely Elmont, Valley Stream, Hempstead, Freeport and New Cassel. I have been stating for almost twenty years that we have been witnessing the "Queensification" of most of Nassau County. Again, it is too bad; I feel this deterioration is not reversible.
Its a shame

Springfield Gardens, NY

#176 Aug 4, 2011
Are y'all really stupid are what " take a trip down the nile" Like really. Y'all need to get better than that. Elmont is not as bad as all of y'all are making it seem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hidden cameras show airport workers stealing 7 hr mjjcpa 61
News More than 1,000 pack Westbury school to oppose ... 18 hr blacksky410 2
News Marion County suspect dies during jail booking (Sep '06) 20 hr low 92
News Brooklyn, NYC Personal Injury Lawyer Fri calebhart54 10
Looking for Church Space to Share/Rent (Feb '09) Fri baconr 116
News Hempstead botched robbery suspect arrested - (Sep '07) Apr 16 King 36
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) Apr 16 Ash Ley 24
More from around the web

Elmont People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE