Four injured after Elmont drive-by sh...

Four injured after Elmont drive-by shooting

There are 152 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 30, 2008, titled Four injured after Elmont drive-by shooting. In it, Newsday reports that:

Four people were injured in Elmont after a barbecue party turned violent, reports say.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
ELMONT

Bronx, NY

#1 Jun 30, 2008
SIMPLY GHETTO!

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jun 30, 2008
Not much of a story. Just another typical weekend event in Elmont.
john rotten

Newark, NJ

#3 Jun 30, 2008
wow newsrag, a two line story? why dont you wait to get a little more info before you write the story? and i dont think i've ever seen the phrase "bbq party" before. who knows, maybe it will catch on. why dont you hire the writers from suffolk life? at least they can write a coherent, informative story
DOitRight

Southwick, MA

#4 Jun 30, 2008
Skellmont, enough said
Benny

Riverhead, NY

#5 Jun 30, 2008
No need to add any more info to this story....Skell Mont says it all.
Irving

AOL

#7 Jun 30, 2008
ELMONT the arm pit of Long Island, it stinks. It was so nice years ago when it was Irish,Italian,German, Jewish. Now it is the worst.
old sckool

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jun 30, 2008
when is it going to stop, and they want to bring Elmont back never happen it was wonderful years and years ago no more very sad what is happening
Marilyn

Boxborough, MA

#12 Jun 30, 2008
You should be ashamed of yourselves. You don't even know what you are talking about. Elmont is a good, strong, vibrant community. To tell you the truth, I'm glad none of you live here anymore. Racism is a disease and we don't need racists here.
Carol Bennett

New York, NY

#13 Jun 30, 2008
Here is the article!
Elmont Mom

Westbury, NY

#14 Jun 30, 2008
This was not a "typical" Elmont weekend. You have good and bad in any area -- however, the people involved in the SUV drive-by were NOT from Elmont. The BBQ party they are referring to was a graduation party held in a young lady's backyard to celebrate her going off to college. The kids that attended this party were pre-dominantly high school seniors and college students. Because some a**holes decide to shoot out of an SUV for sport is not a reflection on the kids that were at this party.
Elmont Mom

Westbury, NY

#16 Jun 30, 2008
One more thing -- the kids at this party were culturally mixed as well. Irish, Italian, Hispanic, African American and one person was German. Your racist comments says more about you and your ignorance than anything else. Thank goodness these kids don't think like you.
Elmont Mom

Westbury, NY

#17 Jun 30, 2008
And one more thing to the person from the Andrews Air Force - ya need to watch what you say because the day you go to war it just may be an African American who saves your life. Jerk!
Frank

New York, NY

#18 Jun 30, 2008
Diversity at its best.
Frank

New York, NY

#19 Jun 30, 2008
Elmont Mom wrote:
And one more thing to the person from the Andrews Air Force - ya need to watch what you say because the day you go to war it just may be an African American who saves your life. Jerk!
or more likely that he might walk down the street and get stabbed, shot or robbed by that same person. FBI/US Justice Department says those odds are 17 times more likely than a white guy.
Frank

New York, NY

#21 Jun 30, 2008
Wait until the new street lights and brick crosswalks get laid, then crime will disappear (along with the light bulbs and bricks, I'm sure)!
Kokomo Joe

United States

#22 Jun 30, 2008
Shoot and run, the perfect Wimp!
reality check

Sunnyvale, CA

#23 Jun 30, 2008
Elmont Mom wrote:
Did you pack all your suitcases for your trip down d nile ???
Mark R

Chicago, IL

#24 Jun 30, 2008
Not the Elmont I knew in the 70's. Took over the parents old place on the Franklin Sq/Elmont line and walking around the old 'hood I noticed a vast decline. My street is much more crowded with cars from all the accessory apartments. I'm sad to see what is nothing more than a general and sad decline in the area.

Drive by's at parties, stabbing in the library, schools performing poorly. It all makes me rethink home improvement plans and raises the question should I get now before the tide rises past Avril Park.

There have been many changes since the 70's and nothing's been for the better.
Jay

United States

#25 Jun 30, 2008
this kid should be charged and treated like an adult. he needs to be locked up for a decade or so.
JIM NASIUM

Atlanta, GA

#26 Jun 30, 2008
Irving wrote:
ELMONT the arm pit of Long Island, it stinks. It was so nice years ago when it was Irish,Italian,German, Jewish. Now it is the worst.
AMEN..WAS the gratest place to live until the 80's when most of the Jews left & sold to "anybody".I got out in 86 !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops: Latin King slain in Queens (Apr '07) 23 hr KING LITE 328
Alpha Omega Theta Fraternity (Aug '09) Wed Douglas Sprague 19
Harveys Lake Pa Wed charly 1
Old Freeport Hospital (Oct '14) Nov 29 JHV 6
Town of Hempstead Sanitation Nov 29 Big jim 2
News Tankleff half sister rips DA, says Marty's guilty (Jan '08) Nov 27 Released 101
News Community opposition closes Belmont Park fair -... (Apr '08) Nov 17 Jr morrison 125

Elmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elmont Mortgages