Since: Apr 08

River Grove

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

Does/Has anyone been to these places and are extras available? A friend of mine took me to Carl's and Playpen for the first time last Friday night and I had a good time. Some of the girls hinted that extras might be available. What I found odd though is that a guy wearing a police jacket was carding ID's and there is a police station half a mile from Carl's and Playpen. My buddy also told me there is another fashion bar called One Step Beyond on Lake St that we plan on checking out next week.
IDK

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

ScottJ76 wrote:
Does/Has anyone been to these places and are extras available? A friend of mine took me to Carl's and Playpen for the first time last Friday night and I had a good time. Some of the girls hinted that extras might be available. What I found odd though is that a guy wearing a police jacket was carding ID's and there is a police station half a mile from Carl's and Playpen. My buddy also told me there is another fashion bar called One Step Beyond on Lake St that we plan on checking out next week.
Sure, if you want to end up at the police station. A bit of advice. Stay away from that area unless your looking for trouble. CROOKED is an understatement.

River Grove

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

The best place was Carl's but my friend and I didn't stay for more than 20 minutes because the guy carding ID's was wearing a jacket with the word Police on it. It was a strange scene but some of the dancers looked good. Is One Step Beyond in Melrose Park a good place?
IDK

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2008

Judged:

ScottJ76 wrote:
The best place was Carl's but my friend and I didn't stay for more than 20 minutes because the guy carding ID's was wearing a jacket with the word Police on it. It was a strange scene but some of the dancers looked good. Is One Step Beyond in Melrose Park a good place?
Melrose Park is like the twin of Stone Park. Not an identical twin but a twin.
pizza guy

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2008

Judged:

I delivered pizza to One Step Beyond in Melrose, place looks like a dump. Plus, stay away from that area. The police there run the show like its the old west, martial law, and what they say goes.
IDK

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2008

Judged:

pizza guy wrote:
I delivered pizza to One Step Beyond in Melrose, place looks like a dump. Plus, stay away from that area. The police there run the show like its the old west, martial law, and what they say goes.
Hey ScottJ76, I hope we don't have to read about you in the Herald after one of those bogus stings that Stone Park pulls on Mannheim. You've been warned....
AntiScum

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2008

Everything about Stone Park IS bogus. Crooked government, crooked kops and your dollar is only worth 90.5 cents thanks to their exculpatory 9.5% sales tax.

That town needs to be razed.

River Grove

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2008

Judged:

What creeped me out about Carl's is that there is a guy in a police jacket at the door but inside there are several women walking around in lingerie. I didn't have a problem with the women in lingerie but something doesn't seem right about the whole setup. Never before have I seen known cops, off-duty or not, carding ID's at a lingerie bar, strip club or whatever. You would think that upstanding cops wouldn't want to be seen with hookers/strippers at least in the towns where they work but I guess the Chief of Police there just turns the other way.
StoneParkHater

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2008

I have live in Stone Park for several years and cant wait to move out. Once the real-estate value starts to rise slightly, I am gone. I HATE it here, I dont even hang around this ghetto wannabe hood. Lots of break-ins and little wanna be gangbangers posers. Corrupt cops and mayor. Everyone, stay away from Stone Park!
IDK

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2008

ScottJ76 wrote:
What creeped me out about Carl's is that there is a guy in a police jacket at the door but inside there are several women walking around in lingerie. I didn't have a problem with the women in lingerie but something doesn't seem right about the whole setup. Never before have I seen known cops, off-duty or not, carding ID's at a lingerie bar, strip club or whatever. You would think that upstanding cops wouldn't want to be seen with hookers/strippers at least in the towns where they work but I guess the Chief of Police there just turns the other way.
Don't some of the police own or use to own (unoficially)some of the bars?
Righteous39thSPL KN

Streamwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Everyone knows that that cops get paid off to look the other way in stone park. From the mayor on down. Remember How Tucker the former chief of police was on a wire tap from the FBI for taking
bribes from the outfit every week. He was the one to hand out all the bribes to the cops and the mayor. This never ended, Its just new people, the new mayor, new chief of police!!!!! Stone Park is a gold mine for the mob. The cops spend their time harassing people and handing out tickes so it looks like their doing their job. ya right!!!!! Thats why when you get a ticket its always a village ticket so they can make even more money.
trueblu8

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

Damn I wanna go back to Carl's tonight! Lol.
duanne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

My old man used to say stay off Mannheim and out of Melrose Park & Stone Park ,unless you want to get killed.After almost 50 years of the same old crap,hookers,drugs,bars,gambli ng,YOU KNOW the cops and politicians are on the take!!!!!!!!!SCUM!!
Scottjm76

Bloomsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

A couple friends and I went back to Carl's last weekend. Though a policeman checks ID's, Carl's is a fun time. Great dances for the price and some hot women. If LE wasn't there, I might want to come there every other week.
Lovesustains

Bensenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

Our so called democracy is at threat today. When our leaders blatantly lie to us about their motives and reasons for killing innocent people in distant lands, and never acknowledge their own history of state-sponsored terrorism, the masses are duped into believing that our current administration pursues a necessary and noble war, with good and bad clearly delineated. Explore the works of Chomsky and Loretta Napoleoni and open your eyes to the truth. Your institutions, beliefs, and goverments are propagating comforting illusions to keep you stupid and impotent. If you believe in democracy, you'll do a little research rather than believing everything you hear from McCain, Bush, Limbaugh or bill o 'reilly.
IDK

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

or the National Enquirer.....
MyOpinionScareYo u

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2008

Stone Park has always been known to be a seedy town, approximately 1 mile long north-south, and about 2 miles wide east-west. It is one of the most questionable suburbs in the Chicagoland area. The police force is 1 per 100 residence of that small town, yet instead of actually fighting crime, they prefer to target non-residences with laughable traffic tickets that keep them in uniform and on the payroll.

Years of alleged improprieties of the Police department as well as the Mayoral office has kept that town the literal brunt of political jokes for area comedians. It has been suggested for many years that Melrose Park or one of the other neighboring villages should annex the town and rid the corruption that allegedly remains.

Subsequently, if the town were razed, many residents in the neighboring towns wouldn't be surprised at all due to the negative image.
Notes from a dancer

Glendale Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

Judged:

I am a dancer at Carl's and yes Stone Park is a fairly seedy town, Carl's is a new building and is set up more like a sports bar. It is much more relaxed then a typical strip club, and despite what some of you men are saying there are attractive women there. As with most places you will find the good, the bad and the down right ugly. I see in some aforementioned posts that we are seen as 'hooker/strippers.' First, we are dancers, we don't take off our clothing, therefore we aren't 'strippers'. Secondly, hookers are at any strip club you go to. I've worked at 390, Scores, Allstars, Thumpers, and now Carl's and every place there are girls who get down for money, and likewise there are girls who don't. While I must admit that 95% of dancer/strippers if you will do fit the 'stripper mentality' stereotype, there are %5 percent who don't. Two of my gfs and myself are college educated (not beauty or hair school) but actually colleges i.e. NIU and Columbia. We are doing this around our hectic school schedule to earn money to pay tuition or our bills. For those who are interested you can ask for Jessica, Jessica or Sarah when you go in. We work thurs-saturday and we are very nice, respectable, outgoing girls. I must admit too we give some badass lap dances! Also, as far as the police, they are pretty decent...just don't drive drunk because than you do deserve to get pulled over.
Shayla

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Judged:

[lol... I work at carl's and its a fun place to go. Carl's make all the other bars look like whole in the walls, also worth mentioning...Carl's girls are way prettier!!
Shayla

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2008

Judged:

Im a dancer at carls and i love it. I love to dance, flirt, drink and of coure earn money. Its all about having a fun time. I dont dread going to work like some people. However it does have its down falls at times. Like dealing with way too perverted men, or slow night. other then that i love being at carl's. Another thing i wanna say is...ive never worked at a club when most of the girls are coo as hell and are not haters. The bar itself is a brand new building and now makes all the other bars look like shit. Come see for yourself. YOu'll notice all the girls are prettier too. Hope to see you there... XoXO

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elmhurst Discussions

Search the Elmhurst Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 min The Dog 3,847
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Te rigs 48,996
Mexicans Love Mr Fat Ronnie 3 hr WILDBILL 17
How's Melrose Park's Legal Sex Shop Doing? (Aug '13) 3 hr WILDBILL 4
Why do Mexicans always have cockroaches? (Apr '13) 3 hr WILDBILL 14
hillside hurricanes football 5 hr The Insider 33
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 10 hr newpoly 1,867
•••
•••
•••
•••

Elmhurst Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000