Updated 9/13: DCFS probes infant drow...

Updated 9/13: DCFS probes infant drowning

There are 13 comments on the Antioch Review story from Sep 13, 2008, titled Updated 9/13: DCFS probes infant drowning. In it, Antioch Review reports that:

The drowning death of a 16-month-old boy in Northlake Thursday evening has prompted an investigation by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Antioch Review.

White Hot NUCLEAR RAGE

Middleboro, MA

#1 Sep 14, 2008
If DCF$ is involved, you can be sure their reports are a pack of self-serving lies.

Illinois DCF$ is GOVERNMENT wasting your TAX DOLLARS destroying INNOCENT FAMILIES with LIES AND HEARSAY.
anon

United States

#2 Sep 14, 2008
I have to admit you do have an appropriate screen name. Are you saying that there is not ever any valid reason for DCFS to be involved in any case??

I find it ironic that so often after some tragedy you have an out cry of "where was dcfs????"
White Hot NUCLEAR RAGE

Middleboro, MA

#3 Sep 18, 2008
anon wrote:
I have to admit you do have an appropriate screen name. Are you saying that there is not ever any valid reason for DCFS to be involved in any case??
I find it ironic that so often after some tragedy you have an out cry of "where was dcfs????"
I never blame DCF$ for child abuse except when DCF$ is the abuser, which is often. Most of the child abuse in Illinois is because of DCF$.

I do not blame DCF$ for child abuse any more than I blame police for crime.

Illinois DCF$ is GOVERNMENT wasting your TAX DOLLARS destroying INNOCENT FAMILIES with LIES AND HEARSAY.
Illinois DCF$ is GOVERNMENT at WAR with FAMILIES.
I want to hear that scumbag Erwin McEwen APOLOGIZE.
Illinois DCF$ is a corrupt, incompetent, renegade bureaucracy with a communist philosophy that uses Gestapo tactics under a veil of secrecy to operate above the law and outside the moral norms of society to harm children and destroy innocent families while wasting millions of the taxpayers money.

The last thing we need is more government psycho-psychiatrists, psycho-psychologists, psycho-therapists, psycho-counselors and psycho-caseworkers who would be out of work were it not for Illinois abducting children based on HEARSAY AND LIES, and HOLDING THESE CHILDREN HOSTAGE until the parents consent to be treated like laboratory rats undergoing psychological experimentation based on JUNK SCIENCE and VOODOO PSYCHOLOGY.

The state has granted the worst kind of people power far in excess of their intellectual capacity and moral integrity, and has created a bureaucracy that attracts the worse kind of sick sadists who perpetrate a fraud on the juvenile courts of Illinois with their lies and misrepresentation of families and conspire to defraud the federal government by holding children in foster care far beyond any reasonable need.

DCF$= Government at war with families.

We need laws with teeth to put any DCFS agent, enabler, cooperator or collaborator in PRISON for any abuse of power especially the seizure of children whose life is not in danger.

The HARM child protective services does to children with its wacko procedures and policies is well documented by intelligent researchers, but the political hacks and child traffickers are not going to give up all those $$$$$$$$$$ just because they are harming children.

Don't think the lazy, stupid caseworkers do anything in the best interests of the child. All they care about is their own comfort and convenience and all their falsified reports to make them look like heroes.

DCF$ makes me want to vomit.

The only thing I want to hear out of McKewen's mouth is how sorry he is for all the harm this agency has done, and apologize to all the innocent parents and children that they have victimized.

I want all those DCFS attorneys fired and DCFS to GET OUT OF DENIAL about what a bunch of lying rabid weasels they are and CONFESS and PROVIDE a forum to all the parents they have wrongly accused.

We need to investigate how CASA acts as a propaganda arm for foster care profiteers, and how they deliberately collaborate to destroy families. We need to have their secret reports professionally audited by someone completely independent and compensated by how many CASA volunteers they send to prison for LYING AND HARMING CHILDREN.

No money for Lake County DCF$ to continue destroying innocent families. No money for attorneys to cover up arbitrary irrational tyranny by lying rabid weasel caseworkers and abusive fosters. No money for Lake County DCF$ until federal prosecutors audit the records and discover the lies DCF$ uses to destroy innocent families and waste taxpayer dollars building their cases on lies to increase their caseload and demand more and more money. No money for Lake County DCF$ as they make every excuse and make up lies to keep children in foster care.

I curse DCF$- MAY GOD DAMN DCF$ TO H3LL.
LJHooks

AOL

#4 Oct 6, 2008
DCFS workers have a job to do. People using the system to inflict revenge on others through the filing of false reports are the real monsters. Anyone being investigated deserves the right to confront their accuser(s). If their complaints are based on truth, they should not need to hide behind laws protecting their anonimity. If complaints turn out to be bogus, they person lodging false complaints should be brought to task just as those who file false police reports. Maybe then DCFS workers would not be as burdoned and could do a better job.
Mama08

United States

#5 Apr 14, 2009
It is amazing to me the amount of bad things people say about IL DCFS, what a shame because there are kids that really need their help.

My husband and I have been harrassed by DCFS for more than 3 years now, but surprisingly they are always very kind and considerate. My husband's ex-wife is a social worker and uses her "connections" to screw with us, making bogus allegations against us, they are always unfounded, but it gets really old.

Does anyone know if there is some time of restraining order we can put against her for all this harrassment. The only other option is if my husband stops picking up his 2 kids for visitation, and of course we don't want that, but what can we do? I'm so scared she's gonna call enough to piss DCFS off and then they are gonna try to mess in my son's life. I'm not too worried because we are not doing anyting wrong, but still, these DCFS horror stories have my stomach in a knot. HELP! email [email protected] anytime with any info you might have.
jazaar

Downey, CA

#6 Jun 2, 2009
i totaly agree not ohly in your state but guess nationwide....its so disgusting how these heartless monster abuse the people hard earned money to destroy family and lie to their face just to make parents be the bad guy.how can they ever sleep at night and swallow the food in which the money used to pay it are the money coming from the people lives they destroy...this has got to stop!
Traded Mom

Evanston, IL

#7 Jun 12, 2009
Illinois DCFS do not care at all for your kids!!! They will listen a lier making wrongfull calls and go after loving and caring Mom hopefuly to find SOMETHING WRONG!!! When the child tells them the true and that the abuser is the person who made the call and lied, they do not want to hear that and ignore. Specialy if the case worker is a racisist and want to make white woman look bad.
The goverment should do something about DCFS!!
Change all the workers there and put people who care for the kids who been abused, negleted, travmatized. There are many like that out there.
fdcfs

Glendale Heights, IL

#8 Jul 23, 2009
the entire organization are all self serving pieces of s..., they hear what they want and get power trips because they were most likely molested by daddy when they 6. pathetic.
the king loser is bob bryant elgin , il. office
DCFS is SHit

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 24, 2009
White Hot NUCLEAR RAGE wrote:
If DCF$ is involved, you can be sure their reports are a pack of self-serving lies.
A close friend of mine had his kids taken away by an overzealous dcfs employee who was trying to go the extra mile. He had his kids taken away from him and given back to a drug addicted mother. Just because she called and reported alleged abuse. It's pretty sad. It's just another poorly run gov't agency... WELCOME TO CHICAGO!!!
brooke

Oswego, IL

#10 Jul 29, 2009
As if DCFS wasn't bad before, now with this 50% budget cut by the government, we are really going to start hearing some horror stories. They aren't going to have the money to pay foster parents so lets just throw the children back into the horrible lives they were living before.
DCFS are Liars

Hogansville, GA

#11 Nov 7, 2009
Especially Kyle Turner the Chicago DCFS agent with Luthern Social services. He Is harassing me because I am am white and I am trying to get custody of the Godchild I deeply love and have been supporting at a cost of more than $2,000 per month. I even bought my Godchild some real estate property. When I confronted mr. Turner about him being racsist he turned his head away from me and could not look me in the eye.
Nykki

Joliet, IL

#12 Aug 27, 2010
I have a DCFS case going on right and the callers who called on are my mother whom i have a restraining order against because of domestic battery and my ex husband who wants me to divorce my current husband and go back to him instead when he was abusive to me as well...Now i cant have my daughter at home and everyone who calls including the people whom they referred me to for counseling cannot get the case worker to call them back adn she says no one has even called her regarding my case...which is a load of crap condsidering one call was made on three way and a voice mail was left. i NEED a lawyer only problem is i'm broke and doing my best to get thru this.
Fighting for my rites

Mount Morris, MI

#13 Jun 8, 2011
I also have a ongoing case.my newborn daughter was supposed to be home with me, we even brought her home from the hospital. But when my vindictive caseworker got word that we were keepin our daughter with a safety plan in place she called ppl higher up in the system and sent emails out within 3 hrs of us being released our daughter was being placed in foster care with her godmother(a very close friend of mine) she told lies about me n my babys dad to the extent of i was bi-polar an not treatd and had ptsd and that my daughters dad was a drug dealer even tho she never met him. Now a yr later and with alot of work from my lawyer we have our case returned to dcfs and taken away from lssi out of nanchusa where it was orginaly. We now have more time with our daughter i have completed my service plan which was lyed about as well. The foster parents that have my daughter now got her when she was 1 month old becuz more lies were told by this caseworker that i calld and made a report sayin they were abuseing they son(no relation to me) and if they wantd to avoid further action they could give up my daughter. These r only a few of the many lies i have been fiteing for the last yr. I beleive the organztions that r contracted by dcfs are the real problem. those r the ppl on the power trip who r racist who tell the lies and make promises to other families for our children. They should be the ones in jail being sued and given bs jobs with no autority.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elmhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can we please get rid of all the Mexicans in Me... 7 hr Omg 9
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 18 hr Strictly Business 8,432
Berwyn Corruption Sat Kudos 2
News 100 arrested outside of McDonalds HQ in protest... (May '14) Feb 3 Mitchell Fox 12
News I'm mad -- I got Berwyn's $100 camera traffic t... (Feb '12) Feb 3 Garybj 29
Hispano Fest is to loud!! (Sep '10) Feb 2 Mpmp123 129
Helicopters Feb 2 Tommy 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elmhurst Mortgages