Officials' court battles take time away from duties

Jun 13, 2007 Full story: Marshfield News-Herald 967

“The burden or proof to result in charges is the lowest level of proof in Wisconsin law, and could not be met by the complainant, Ira Robins”

News of a secret investigation in Medford was leaked to the press. And then it got even more unusual. via Marshfield News-Herald

Full Story
Kelz Must Go

Paonia, CO

#930 Aug 22, 2012
continued

Kelz also pulled this with that former chief of police - a woman said that she was given a ticket by the chief, that was the time when Kelz was spending his time going after the chief and told the public by the press that he could not prosecute any of the chief’s cases because he was untrustworthy so the village of Rib Lake let him go from his job because they said kelz would not prosecute his cases so he could not do his job.(Turns out Kelz was really the untrustworthy one.) Kelz was caught prosecuting this case and other cases from that chief after Kelz told the public he couldn’t prosecute any cases from the chief and it resulted in the chief losing his job. the women in Kelz's office said he was just istatic in that office when he heard that chief lost his job. Kelz chomped up felony charges against this woman and this is what she said “Mr. Kelz resigned from my case that has been going on two and one half years... This all started when Mr. Kelz wanted me to file a complaint against the chief, in return he was gonna give me a deal.” She would not file a complaint she said even though the chief gave her a ticket he treated her descent and was fair he did not do wrong. A investigator was hired and Kelz said she was lying but yet the investigator resigned and put in a order to testify on behalf of himself, nothing happened she said but then the felony charges were all dropped against her.

Another person said his name got out when he called the sheriff department and he was harassed then. The dispatcher that took the call was the same one Kelz got to be a witness to go at the Chief, apparently that call disappeared from the record. The dispatcher was proven to have lied, he had a vendetta for the chief for getting tickets and was later let go from his position for other reasons. It was found out through public records that this dispatcher and deputy Amus Balis(who was made investigator) played sex games in the squad and with uniforms, sheriff Daniels investigated and told Balis he had his back. Kelz charged this other person who called the sheriff’s department with a felony also and said he lied. Kelz and former sheriff Jack Kay cornered him in a room and would not let him go until he would file a complaint or give them information on the chief and then Kelz would reduce the charges. This person had morals, he would not make up things on people like they wanted, the charges had to be totally dropped later.

There was another investigator from Chicago that actually told me about eight years ago that this Kelz is real garbage, he lies and someday something is going to happen, he was very upset having to deal with someone so unethical in a position. Other attorney’s have conveyed this same thing. Seems to be a continuing pattern with Kelz.

Basically reckless and shameful behavior in office. Kelz let the power go to his head,he is sick. Kelz Abused the Power of that office with shameful dishonest attacks using the office. He's a fraud and manipulated and misled the people. Kelz placed his own interests above everyone. where the heck did he go to school? KARL KELZ YOU ARE UNPROFESSIONAL AND YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE OFFICE.
Kelz Must Go

Paonia, CO

#931 Aug 22, 2012
continued

Kelz also pulled this with that former chief of police - a woman said that she was given a ticket by the chief, that was the time when Kelz was spending his time going after the chief and told the public by the press that he could not prosecute any of the chief’s cases because he was untrustworthy so the village of Rib Lake let him go from his job because they said kelz would not prosecute his cases so he could not do his job.(Turns out Kelz was really the untrustworthy one.) Kelz was caught prosecuting this case and other cases from that chief after Kelz told the public he couldn’t prosecute any cases from the chief and it resulted in the chief losing his job. the women in Kelz's office said he was just istatic in that office when he heard that chief lost his job. Kelz chomped up felony charges against this woman and this is what she said “Mr. Kelz resigned from my case that has been going on two and one half years... This all started when Mr. Kelz wanted me to file a complaint against the chief, in return he was gonna give me a deal.” She would not file a complaint she said even though the chief gave her a ticket he treated her descent and was fair he did not do wrong. A investigator was hired and Kelz said she was lying but yet the investigator resigned and put in a order to testify on behalf of himself, nothing happened she said but then the felony charges were all dropped against her.

Another person said his name got out when he called the sheriff department and he was harassed then. The dispatcher that took the call was the same one Kelz got to be a witness to go at the Chief, apparently that call disappeared from the record. The dispatcher was proven to have lied, he had a vendetta for the chief for getting tickets and was later let go from his position for other reasons. It was found out through public records that this dispatcher and deputy Amus Balis(who was made investigator) played sex games in the squad and with uniforms, sheriff Daniels investigated and told Balis he had his back. Kelz charged this other person who called the sheriff’s department with a felony also and said he lied. Kelz and former sheriff Jack Kay cornered him in a room and would not let him go until he would file a complaint or give them information on the chief and then Kelz would reduce the charges. This person had morals, he would not make up things on people like they wanted, the charges had to be totally dropped later.

There was another investigator from Chicago that actually told me about eight years ago that this Kelz is real garbage, he lies and someday something is going to happen, he was very upset having to deal with someone so unethical in a position. Other attorney’s have conveyed this same thing. Seems to be a continuing pattern with Kelz.

Basically reckless and shameful behavior in office. Kelz let the power go to his head,he is sick. Kelz Abused the Power of that office with shameful dishonest attacks using the office. He's a fraud and manipulated and misled the people. Kelz placed his own interests above everyone. where the heck did he go to school? KARL KELZ IS UNPROFESSIONAL AND A DISGRACE TO THE OFFICE.
Hmmm

United States

#932 Aug 22, 2012
We should keep track of how many names KMG posts here under. My count is 7 but might be more.
I especially like when she posts here and then responds to herself using another name. Crazy indeed. Same old claims but as usual no proof except the rantings of a disturbed person.

I'm guessing this is a "down" day for you. Perhaps different meds might help?
Wander2000

Medford, WI

#933 Aug 24, 2012
bye kelz wrote:
<quoted text>
So Wander2000 endorses this type of conduct and behavior in office by Karl Kelz. yes it is simply discusting..... what Karl Kelz has been doing with that office!!!!!!
that is if Wander2000 is not Kelz or anyone associated with him that is up to there eye balls with him with this crap and have been coming here to cover their you know whats.
Actually, my vote will be in Tlusty's corner if you must know.

I just happen to tire of all the huffing and puffing without anything in terms of proof to back it up.

Unlike some here.. I use one screen name.. and if you wish, read through. I have been clear that I don't blindly trust in Kelz or anyone else.

I just haven't seen much to back up the accusations passed a healthy.. and I mean healthy dose of bitterness.

Young misses Cook's case is about as close as I have seen to providing detail and actual wrong doing on the part of Taylor County including Kelz.

In terms of the former chief.. there is enough available documentation to show that there were issues in his performance.. namely attendance in court. His attendance in board meetings shows issues as well in follow through. But I am sure that is all part of the conspiracy.. one that lacks proof, even though the alleged victim of the conspiracy was a trained officer of the law. One that should have plenty in terms of viable evidence to support the claims.

But all we get is spiraling accusations after accusations and an upcoming day of reckoning. I sure when the day comes that Kelz is voted out of office, victory will be proclaimed.

Either that.. or much like Lance Armstrong, some will move on with their lives. See what I did there.. pulled a well versed trick used here to link these small town issues to world events that have no real relevance to the discussion here.

Had to... I just had to.:)

Anyway.. you all have a great day and weekend.
Hmmm

Villa Park, IL

#934 Aug 24, 2012
So why vote for tlusty if all the accusations gave failed?

You seem to know better. IMO
Kelz Must go

Paonia, CO

#935 Aug 25, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
We should keep track of how many names KMG posts here under. My count is 7 but might be more.
I especially like when she posts here and then responds to herself using another name. Crazy indeed. Same old claims but as usual no proof except the rantings of a disturbed person.
I'm guessing this is a "down" day for you. Perhaps different meds might help?
The lying rat District Attorney Karl Kelz is being called out into the light and exposed here and will continue to be until something is done with him. He doesn’t like it So he has to come here, try to turn it around, his favorite ploy is saying people are liars or crazy and continue to try to discredit, this is how a Kelz operates, many people know this now. he has done it a number of times so don’t let Kelz fool you this guy is a complete nut in office and the only one disturbed here.

I don’t know what drug your on now Kelz, but for you fyi I have used the same name and location, now can you say that about yourself here, Kelz? how many names and different locations have you and your cohorts used here making believe you are someone else in a different state to cover your butt for all that you have been pulling in office?

and for you fyi if you think I am answering myself back like you have been doing Kelz you have another thing coming. I answered someone here that called themselves "misrepresented" from Medford on Aug 15th THAT WAS NOT ME AND I DO NOT KNOW WHO THAT WAS, but it sure sounded like another victim or yours re victimized. Did you forget, Kelz, it just doesn’t go off into space here.

you just go on lying here Kelz to try to cover your fat lying butt, I guess the truth is hurting for what you been doing with that office. I forgot to mention another witness that Kelz tried to force to testify against the chief and they could not do it and lie and so came up to the chief and his attorney in the court house and told him they were very sorry they do not want to do this but they are being forced. Kelz lied to the Marshfield Paper and told them that the chief went to a her house, another made up story by Karl Kelz to make a case. She came to him in a public place mad that the cops did not respond to her hit and run and wanted to know why. Kelz was caught in so many lies in that attack of that chief, it is just discusting and not right. It’s against the law for a DA to lie. Instead of calling me nuts what is your explanation for all this that really happened. What about above and how you cornered that person to intimidate him to make up a story. What about that dispatcher that you got to lie for you?explain it.

hey I think the one here with the down day is Kelz, being called out into the light must hurt, all that I am saying here is what happened at the hands of a dirty District Attorney Karl Kelz and it is the truth, and other people are also sick of this psycho Kelz and coming here also, many have just talked in person about what dirty Kelz did to them and are afraid to come here to tell there story. It was not right that is why I have no respect for that office now with Kelz in it and not afraid to come here I have the truth on my side and what he did to people, Kelz is nothing but a con man, a liar and we have to get someone else here the people can trust in that office again.. Kelz, I think it is you who is on drugs or needs to be on meds, some say your on meds right now. Kelz, lets lay it all on the table, I will take a drug test, never been on drugs in by life and I am not on any meds, do not even smoke, I am a goodie two shoes, you just don’t like being exposed for what you did and how you carried it out using that office and something has to be done about you, you are a threat to people’s safety here and this just was not right. I will take a psychological, a lie detector what about you, will you do it, too?
Kelz Must go

Paonia, CO

#936 Aug 25, 2012
continued

like the word is around the water cooler, people are seriously questioning what District Attorney Karl Kelz has been doing in office and that chief thing was his down fall, a serious stain.

Unbelievable someone would use an office to this extent to attack and not stop. Intentional and malicious prosecution by Karl J. Kelz and accountability is needed and because kelz was so obsessed with this chief murders went free, kelz did not do his job.

Kelz, just tell me how in good conscience could you have done this using and abusing the office on people like this?
you must be sick if you think that is right and ok to do.
Hmmm

Medford, WI

#937 Aug 25, 2012
Once again, your off balanced remarks miss the mark. Not Kelz but I am a supporter and voter for the man.

Your claims over the years have gone unproven and I feel sorry for him, he has to deal with unhinged persons such as yourselves. Bottom line, if your husband did his job he would still be chief, but he didn't, so get over it.

You and jerri cook(who kelz has prosecuted) have attempted to come here and smear a very good man who doesn't play favorites. If Kelz has a flaw it's the fact he came here with the mission to treat all fairly and the same.He has bumped heads with those who believe because who their family is, they are above the law and deserve special treatment. I have encountered a few in town who don't think they should be treated like everyone else. This includes people in the community, the courthouse and even former employees of his office. I don't think it's been easy for him but he has done the right thing. THAT is the major reason people like you are upset with him. Because he has changed things to make them more professional and fair.

Get on with your life, you look silly.

Vote for Kelz November 6th.
Kelz Must Go

Paonia, CO

#938 Aug 25, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
Once again, your off balanced remarks miss the mark. Not Kelz but I am a supporter and voter for the man.
Your claims over the years have gone unproven and I feel sorry for him, he has to deal with unhinged persons such as yourselves. Bottom line, if your husband did his job he would still be chief, but he didn't, so get over it.
You and jerri cook(who kelz has prosecuted) have attempted to come here and smear a very good man who doesn't play favorites. If Kelz has a flaw it's the fact he came here with the mission to treat all fairly and the same.He has bumped heads with those who believe because who their family is, they are above the law and deserve special treatment. I have encountered a few in town who don't think they should be treated like everyone else. This includes people in the community, the courthouse and even former employees of his office. I don't think it's been easy for him but he has done the right thing. THAT is the major reason people like you are upset with him. Because he has changed things to make them more professional and fair.
Get on with your life, you look silly.
Vote for Kelz November 6th.
yea right you support Kelz, my, for someone who portrays them self as not Kelz or not involved here you sure respond fast and try to cover, who is the one off balanced.

CLAIMS ARE NOT UNPROVEN IT IS ALL THERE, what we said Kelz did is true, go back and look threw all this, Kelz knows what he did that was not right, he is just trying to cover his you know what.

YOU FEEL SORRY FOR KELZ, he brought this on himself, he is the only one unhinged here, he is a very evil man who did not do his job ethically and attacked people using the office maliciouly to do. its going to come around. Bottom line is if Kelz did his job ethically we would not have the mess taylor county is in because of Kelz, MURDERS WOULLD NOT WALK AMONG US, KELZ HAS LIED SO MUCH TO COVER HIMSELF IT IS JUST SO SHAMEFUL ALL HE HAS DONE USING THE NAME OF THE OFFICE FOR HIS SELF GRADIFICATION.

KARL KELZ IS NOT A GOOD MAN, sorry to sink your boat but plenty of people feel the same now and if you think it is just two people you are saddly mistaken.

KELZ DID NOT COME TO TAYLOR COUNTY WITH AN ETHICAL MISSION AND GOOD INTENTIONS, Kelz is nothing but a lazy slob who has bamboozled the people AND THE POWER WENT TO HIS HEAD. Kelz did not treat people fairly and he knows it, he just wants to portray he has because he doesn't want to lose his job. kelz is nothing but a master of lies.

I have encountered that too, some people think they get into a position and it goes to their heads and they think they are above the law. Kelz has played favors for certain people.

KARL KELZ HAS NOT DONE THE RIGHT THING so of coarse it would not be easy for him. so many stories I have heard that he has done to people are just not right, I believe them, Kelz has abused that office and its' coming around for accountability either way. there have just been too many stories with this kelz I could see if it was once or twice but it has just been one continuous mess after another and he would not stop, he abused that office.

KARL KELZ DID NOT CHANGE THINGS TO MAKE THEM PROFESSIONAL OR FAIR, KELZ IS FILLING YOU FULL OF CRAP HE JUST WANTS YOU TO BELIEVE HE HAS. I would imagine he has to watch it now because the state is watching him for what he did and started doing the job some what that he should have been all along. do you call the constance attack with lies on that chief using the office to get him just because Kelz did not like him,fair or professional?

Kelz is the one who will have to get on with his life, after all he did I don't see how the guy lives with himself. I wonder if you could put yourself in those shoes would you want this to happen with you and if it did would you just not say anything and take it.. I don't think so.
Hmmm

Medford, WI

#939 Aug 25, 2012
You're a waste of my time because you can't get past your fantasy world.

You can't accept your claims have failed. You can't accept your husband lost his job because of HIS actions, not kelz, not others. You have to find fault with kelz and others to justify your distorted, twisted and basically pathetic viewpoint.

I do feel sorry for Kelz for having to deal with the likes of you but I also admire him for not backing down from people like you and others who think the law doesn't apply to them or their families.

Oh, if your husband actually understood police work, he would know the police investigate murders not district attorneys. If homicides aren't being solved, talk to the sheriff. District attorneys prosecute murders not solve or investigate them. You poor attempts to place blame for every ill of the world on kelz is laughable and sad.

FYI, I'm sitting here looking at a kelz flyer I got at the last parade. You better look at it. He is endorsed by Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. VanHollen. Isn't he the state's top cop? Well, you're not much for truth anyway, are you?

Vote Kelz November 6th
Kelz Must Go

Paonia, CO

#940 Aug 26, 2012
Hey Hmmm,

The only one with a fantasy world and a lot of people see it now is Karl Kelz. see how obsessed he has become to cover himself.

You are a waste of our time also but when people are done wrong by a dirty dirty district attorney karl kelz there has to be accountability. people don't take crap anymore by someone abusing a position. And like I said kelz this is not going away until you are out of that position.

I think you should think again about who you are talking to. I do know that it was BECAUSE OF THE DIRTY SPITEFUL MALICIOUS ACTIONS OF DISTRICT ATTORNEY KARL KELZ THAT the chief lost his job and was charged intentionally and maliciously by Kelz abusing that position. not to mention all the other people you went after and cost them jobs and then threaten to charge if they did not go away. so Kelz was getting off on his power and using the position to do it.

Taylor County District Attorney Karl Kelz, if you actually understood what you should be and have been doing in the job you would understand that YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING SURE THERE IS ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO PROSECUTE AND IF NOT YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD THEM WHAT TO FIND. KARL J. KELZ WANTS EVERYONE ELSE TO DO HIS JOB FOR HIM WHILE HE SITS THERE AND PLAYS ON THE COMPUTER IN THE COURT HOUSE.(a little birdy told me that Kelz was sitting during court again and they were sitting behind him and kelz was looking at his emails and playing around. Now kelz is that anyway to respect the court, no body else can have electronics in the court room to play around.) SO THAT IS WHY MURDERS HAVE GONE FREE.

This is what was also said about kelz a little while back.“HE (KELZ) RARELY WORKS A FULL DAY, AND WHEN HE IS WORKING HE’S USUALLY PLAYING SOLITARE OR SURFING THE INTERNET. HE IS SCHEDULED FOR ANOTHER WEEK OF VACATION DURING THE HUNTING SEASON AND ANOTHER WEEK DURING CHRISTMAS. THAT’S FOUR WEEKS IN FOUR MONTHS.” they say he is working alittle bit more now, I would imagine.

It was said that the office people were “preparing 99% of the important documents in the DA’s office. Hmmm, it was said that KELZ DOES NOT WANT TO SPEND TIME ON PROSECUTORIAL WORK. HE WOULD RATHER WASTE HIS TIME RUNNING RIDICULOUS INVESTIGATION ON PEOPLE , HE WAS OBSESSED.

SO THIS IS WHY MURDERS HAVE GONE FREE AND OUR SAFETY INDANGERED and descent people here have had to endure ridiculous things with this KELZ that should have never happen if Kelz was professional and had good judgement.

This is not the first time I have heard Kelz is so lazy he doesn’t do the job and pushes things off on others. For example, a search warrant is needed around 9pm and KELZ CALLS AN OFFICE PERSON AND TELLS THEM TO “GO INTO WORK AND DO THE WARRANT BECAUSE A LITTLE MARAJUANA IS NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH FOR HIM TO WASTE HIS TIME” KELZ TOLD THEM “ONCE THEY COMPLETE THE WARRANT THEY SHOULD FAX IT TO HIM FOR REVIEW.(NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH, Hmmm?)

I am not sure if Van Hollen has heard about you yet Kelz and all you did, I will look into. AND KELZ, THE ONLY ONE THAT IS NOT MUCH FOR THE TRUTH IS YOU AND YOU KNOW IT. WE ARE EXPOSING A DIRTY LYING LAZY DA AND HE JUST HATES IT. KELZ YOU HAVE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL YOU DONE you can’t tell me that was right using an office like that.

Hey Kelz, like what you said to someone once when you summoned them to your office after you caused the chief to lose his job with lies and told them If the chief goes away he can work in law enforcement elsewhere but if he doesn’t then he will not work again. Funny thing is that the chief would not back down from lies and being attack wrongly by Karl Kelz. And so then malicious intentional charges came at your hand and we know how that turned out with you on A DIVERSION PROGRAM BY THE OFFICE OF LAWYER REGULATION. You should have been fired, you used that office unprofessionaly and maliciously.

Kelz you have lost any respect, you did that office dirty and it’s time to restore the credibility to that office again.
Hmmm

Medford, WI

#941 Aug 26, 2012
Interesting, your fantasy world looks like its caving in on you.

Doesn't look like you understand the roles of government. If murders aren't solved talk to the police. Probably why you're not a cop anymore.

Also you're upset because Kelz has his secretaries type up his paperwork? What else should us taxpayers be paying secretaries to do? Their nails?

I smell desperation. Sad pathetic desperation.

How can anyone take you seriously. Again the state's top
Cop endorses Kelz, good enough for me.

Have a nice life.

Vote Kelz November 6th
Medford Resident

Marshfield, WI

#942 Aug 26, 2012
Oh wow!

Kelz is now taking vacation during hunting season and Christmas. How terribly awful.

Oh Wait. Wait. Isn't he entitled to so many weeks of vacation? I think he is. All he has to do is sign up for it, and it's his. Isn't that the way it works?

Hmmmm. Good point. One that some of us have been trying to make for what seems like years. The Sheriff is responsible for solving the murders; then the DA prosecutes.

Maybe it's different in the Hoffmann household.
Wander2000

Medford, WI

#943 Aug 27, 2012
From above.. why not Kelz.

While it is completely true that the DA's main role is prosecuting crimes, there is more to their role than that.

First and primarily their job is to do what is right, fair and just to all. To walk into every situation with a neutral eye to each and every decision. Now, I know Kelz gets his fair share of harassment (unfairly and over the top at times) but from observations over the last couple of years, I don't know that his decisions are always unbiased. Within and outside of the courthouse steps.

DA's are considered the top law enforcement official for the district/county they represent and have a hand in coordination of criminal investigation and building of a case to take to trial.. not just to win but to provide justice.

You cannot simply separate the two as the DA is involved in a case from the initial investigation, evidence collection, into deciding to take the case to court through prosecution.

They also serve an important role in victim advocacy. From help guiding the victims through the process and to ensure them that justice is being sought. Part of that role is when cases are not taking to court, making sure the victims and the people they represent know that justice is being sought.

So, if the DA is involved with building the case, deciding whether the case goes to trial and in essence the lead law enforcement officer of the court for a county, how can we accept they have no role in the inability to solve cases?

Not to mention, display very weak skills in the area of victim advocacy. Ask some of the families of violent crimes here in Taylor county about the job Kelz (and his coordinator) have done in this area.

http://www.co.taylor.wi.us/departments/da/da....

I have said it a number of times here, I don't hold Kelz completely responsible for the inability to solve some of these outstanding crimes on his watch, but I am surely am not going to absolve him of any responsibility either. I despise the candor of accusations made here that reflect only bitterness and a revenge type mindset.

I only seek the truth and for justice to be brought to all cases possible in the county. I wish to be assured that cases don't lie cold, that we have a feeling that justice is actively being sought.

I don't get that feeling from Kelz, when is the last time he has mentioned progress or at least attention to the aging murder cases here in Taylor county?

Again.. that blame does not just lie at his feet as some wish to proclaim.. but to completely absolve his role in it is incorrect as well. At least with my vote.

I don't wish him to deluge the details of each case, but I don't believe remaining completely silent on them is the proper approach either.. especially in the size of this county. Perception is that the cases are cold and inactive, and we see little activity or mention to dispel that.

Communication, effective communication to me seems to be the biggest weakness of this tandem of Daniels and Kelz. And if they can't effectively communicate with those that they represent, maybe some of the whispers from within the courthouse hold merit as well.

But I agree, the KMG and RFD type propaganda only helps Kelz in his reelection endeavors. The agenda there is clear.. to smear him as much as possible in the name of bitterness and revenge.

Back to point.. why not Kelz.

His job should be more than just his prosecution record, and I just don't feel that he has done a good enough job in the totality of responsibilities to warrant my vote again.

Even in his re-election campaign he isn't doing anything to support his merits other than to point at a conviction record. To me, especially in a community the size of ours, we should strive for more. Maybe Tlusty is the right one, maybe not, but I just don't see the point of standing pat and expecting it to change.

Hope that answers your question of why, heck maybe it will get back to Kelz and he can start to answer some of the burning questions.
Medford Resident

Marshfield, WI

#944 Aug 27, 2012
I don't think we have the capacity in the Sheriff's Department to develop the evidence to prosecute. I don't think there is much to work with there.

I agree that the Da should be doing more - like pushing the SO to develop more avenues of information gathering to develop some evidence that would be useful in getting a conviction.

The issue of victims' rights - Oh, I guess they forgot about that for Taylor County. Some of the fault for that lies with the County Board. Very short-sighted individuals. However, the DA needs to make his case to them in a forceful way and maybe get more local money into the program.
Hmmm

United States

#945 Aug 27, 2012
Thanks for a reasoned answer! It's refreshing to see that here because we sure don't see it often.

You seem like the type of person I can respectfully disagree with. Again, refreshing. I have been a victim of crime here and my experiences with Kelz have been very different than what you describe here. I found him attentive and concerned about my situation. I guess that impressed me.

Plus I agree a da has involvement in resolving a case once law enforcement gets the case to him and he may even give guidance, as he did in my case. But I do know it's the police that have to go out and get the evidence and solve the case before Kelz or any da can prosecute and resolve the case.

Now in my case I found Kelz not a braggart but he certainly gave credit to many that helped prosecute the case. Maybe he's not big on bragging I don't know but I got the feeling of a team effort when I was a victim.

I don't pretend to know about why sometimes the public isn't informed of on going murder cases. I don't see many updates from around the area either but when I do I see it's law enforcement informing the public not a da office.

I also disagree with you on his job performance. Of course he points to his conviction record. Isn't that how prosecutors seek justice? Plus I have yet to see him not act fairly with people. I think we can agree sometimes people believe they were treated unfairly because they were convicted. I see in town a certain car dealership is displaying a large tlusty sign. Most of us in town know that a Merten girl was convicted of running a meth lab in Medford. Personally, it makes mertens look vindictive. As well, I see other signs around town of people Kelz has prosecuted. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Plus I don't see everyone being sent to prison so I am assuming Kelz is not always just concerned with a conviction but true justice. I guess I haven't seen any evidence to dispute that. As well as you don't get endorsed by the attorney general if you weren't doing a good job.

I would like to write a letter of support for him to the local paper but truthfully I am scared people like KMG or RFD would start harassing me and I just don't need it.

Again, thanks for the honest discussion. While we disagree, its nice to share opinions Ina mature friendly way.

Vote Kelz November 6th
Kelz Must Go

Madison, WI

#946 Aug 28, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
Interesting, your fantasy world looks like its caving in on you.
Doesn't look like you understand the roles of government. If murders aren't solved talk to the police. Probably why you're not a cop anymore.
Also you're upset because Kelz has his secretaries type up his paperwork? What else should us taxpayers be paying secretaries to do? Their nails?
I smell desperation. Sad pathetic desperation.
How can anyone take you seriously. Again the state's top
Cop endorses Kelz, good enough for me.
Have a nice life.
Vote Kelz November 6th
looks like the only one that it is getting to is you! rats don't like being called out on the truth of what they been pulling in office.

never was a cop I am a taxpayer calling out a dirty Kelz.
the only one with sad desperation is a Karl Kelz, so Kelz.
your job is coming to an end huh Kelz no one trusts you anymore!
Kelz Must Go

Madison, WI

#947 Aug 28, 2012
Wander2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, my vote will be in Tlusty's corner if you must know.
I just happen to tire of all the huffing and puffing without anything in terms of proof to back it up.
Unlike some here.. I use one screen name.. and if you wish, read through. I have been clear that I don't blindly trust in Kelz or anyone else.
I just haven't seen much to back up the accusations passed a healthy.. and I mean healthy dose of bitterness.
Young misses Cook's case is about as close as I have seen to providing detail and actual wrong doing on the part of Taylor County including Kelz.
In terms of the former chief.. there is enough available documentation to show that there were issues in his performance.. namely attendance in court. His attendance in board meetings shows issues as well in follow through. But I am sure that is all part of the conspiracy.. one that lacks proof, even though the alleged victim of the conspiracy was a trained officer of the law. One that should have plenty in terms of viable evidence to support the claims.
But all we get is spiraling accusations after accusations and an upcoming day of reckoning. I sure when the day comes that Kelz is voted out of office, victory will be proclaimed.
Either that.. or much like Lance Armstrong, some will move on with their lives. See what I did there.. pulled a well versed trick used here to link these small town issues to world events that have no real relevance to the discussion here.
Had to... I just had to.:)
Anyway.. you all have a great day and weekend.
Wander2000 come on its all on paper what KING RAT KARL KELZ did its not just huffing and puffing and you know it so don't try to make little of it so it goes away for you and you don’t look bad.

as for the chief, show that so called documentation you have about his performance here, that is a lie. That is the first I heard about the county board performance/attendance issues, what, a new little put it out there lie. That’s not true, its funny it was just mentioned up above what Kelz did to the chief when he reported people’s problems to the county board so you have to come up with something to discredit him that is what kelz does, hmmm that’s how Kelz operates. It’s funny it was shown that it is Kelz who had bad attendance and many issues at work and also all these so called clubs he is in.

that is a lie, now look who is huffing and puffing. He is the only one who followed through with stuff for your fyi he had decency and ethics and stood up to liars like Kelz, remember there is always two sides not just your side is right. you speak conspiracy looks like it is you with the conspiracy, but I guess when people are involved with doing dirty to someone they have to cover what they did.

I would not worry there is plenty of proof that something stinks bad here with Kelz. just keep spinning something that was not really there and made up by Kelz to attack. People need to Ask there self why is it that Wander thinks he knows so much here and comes here? Just continue with this lying mess. Why do you feel threaten? You have an axe to grind, real issues with him don’t you and you just proved your part in this. You are not who you want people to believe you are here, you are not just a good person here with good conscience and good intentions on this like you want people to believe. Go talk to this chief if are who you say you are .Not holding my breath.

you must really hate that connection to the outside world to show the dirt that has been going on here. don't like the exposure huh then maybe you should have thought about things before you do things to people that is not right and spout off and falsely accuse. Just like Penn State it took time, but the predator was finally brought to justice for all he did, Sandusky, like Kelz, thought he did nothing wrong with the victims either.

continued
Kelz Must Go

Madison, WI

#948 Aug 28, 2012
continue

Karl Kelz is the only one with bad performance issues anyone knows that now. Karl Kelz is nothing but a liar in office and he has seriously threaten people rights and safety here. Never in all my years have a thought this could go on.

there was no issues with that chiefs performance and you know it, he just stepped on the wrong toes of wrong doers and stood up to wrongs and things were made up on him, you know how paranoid some people are and so they lie and make up stories to control people and get rid of them.

HOW DARE YOU STOMP ON PEOPLE'S STORIES OF ABUSE by people in a position and think you know it all.

like the woman said who called herself “Misrepresented”(you know the one Kelz says that is me and I am responding to myself, that is a lie, go to the provider and see). Kelz has to be investigated. what Kelz pulled here was malicious abuse of office. he preyed on too many people, that was not the job and then Kelz lied and made up stories about these people to cover his back. And how many people has dirty Kelz attacked unfairly and lied? it was not just the chief, turns out Kelz was the one with the bad history and the liar.
Kelz Must Go

Madison, WI

#949 Aug 28, 2012
missrepreseted wrote:
have any of you ever had to deal ith kelz in court. if you had you would understand that he is misleading and lies and gets his officers to lie as well the police can misslead trick or outright lie to get an conviction. support you in law braking. they can lie but genral puplic lies we go to jail were is the justis wrong peoplo go to jail everyday do to cops lieing to get a convition. and who else is there the da. taylor county is very corrutpted and should be investated. so if you have never been in front of them then your openions might be wrong.
THERE WAS A JOHN DOE INVESTIGATION DONE ON DISTRICT ATTORNEY KARL KELZ, IT WAS BROUGHT BY NINE PEOPLE (THERE WERE MORE HARMED BUT NOT ABLE TO BE INVOLVED DO TO VARIOUS REASONS). KARL KELZ PUT OUT HERE, SENT EMAILS AND LETTERS THAT THE JOHN DOE ON HIM WAS ALL UNTRUE, WAS MADE UP BY ONE PERSON. THAT IS NOT TRUE

THIS IS WHAT WAS SAID:
“THE JUDGE CONCEDES THAT ROBINS MET THE REASON TO BELIEVE THRESHOLD BUT NEVERTHE LESS INTERPRETS THE STATUTE TO ALLOW DISCRETION AS TO WHETHER , NOT HOW LONG, A COMPLAINANTS WITNESSES MUST BE EXAMINED”

Basically what happened is the witnesses were ready to testify what Kelz did to them, but the judge came in and threw out the press and then the witnesses, HE DID THIS WITHOUT EVEN HEARING THE WITNESSES. IRA ROBINS the investigator who came up here and started talking to people and could not believe what he was hearing from people and so did this JOHN DOE on Karl Kelz stayed to talk to the judge. the judge told Robins that he did not want to open a can of worms and there are other routes for this. This went to the Supreme Court and it said “the fact that the Supreme Court will examine the case has little to do with the allegations against Kelz but may result in revised guidelines which currently are unclear for judges hearing John Doe petitions.” Kelz tells people the Supreme Court found he did nothing wrong but that is not true they could not look at what he did. So in other words Kelz got away scot free and the victims were not listened to or heard and have to live with what Kelz did to them.

continued

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elm Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lovable 'Saved by the Bell' Actor Arrested on W... 12 hr L Morales 3
Knapp Chiropractic and Wellness Center, Inc. Pa... Dec 23 PDXdooder 5
Milwaukee city officials react to Friday's protest Dec 23 Tobius 2
Nate Hamilton: ' We deserve justice. Justice is... Dec 23 Card 2
Mary Burke Where was she? Dec 23 Morgan 6
The latest from Milwaukee County supervisor Ste... Dec 22 USA Today 1
Milwaukee Student Named Rising Star Oct '14 cwillie 4
Elm Grove Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Elm Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elm Grove News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elm Grove

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:28 am PST

NBC Sports11:28AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports12:05 PM
Packers' Rodgers listed as probable for Lions game - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?
ESPN 7:39 PM
On the house: Bar offers free tab if Lions win