Former State Legislator, Popular Shop...

Former State Legislator, Popular Shopkeeper Eddie Povich Dies

There are 1 comment on the Ellsworth American story from Mar 21, 2008, titled Former State Legislator, Popular Shopkeeper Eddie Povich Dies. In it, Ellsworth American reports that:

“His death is a true loss for the city of Ellsworth”

The community is grieving the sudden loss of Eddie Povich, owner of Mike's Country Store. via Ellsworth American

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ellsworth American.

Nik Robbins

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Mar 26, 2008
Iím very sorry to hear about the passing of Eddie. I knew him fairly well. I grew up on the corner of Franklin Street a couple blocks away from Mikes. I also grew up with his step daughter Jody and nephew Matt. Eddie would all ways make it a point when he was having one of his functions at the Holliday inn restaurant to come back in the kitchen and visit me while I was washing dishes to chit chat with me about my dieing mother, the rest off my family and my time in Arizona. I was never old enough to vote for him but I could tell he was a man of the people. Gathering his feed back from the people of Down east over the counter of Mikes and taking it to Augusta. Ellsworth has lost an icons of Down East living with the passing of Eddie Povich.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Young man jumps from Penobscot Narrows Bridge; ... (Mar '07) Dec '15 Kourt2015 37
News A survey of Maine artists energizes the Portlan... Oct '15 Angelica 1
Maine Cancer Rate Highest in U.S. (Apr '09) Oct '15 revgalileo 17
A douche nicknamed Hippie (Jul '15) Jul '15 Warning 1
Michael A Higgins (Jul '15) Jul '15 Lara Higgins 1
News Maine bartenders, owners have mixed feelings ab... (Jun '15) Jun '15 longtail 1
hay eney 1 out ther (Apr '15) Apr '15 slutty sissy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellsworth Mortgages