Do you think radio talk show host Don Imus should be fired for his recent racial remarks?

Apr 13, 2007 Full story: Bangor Daily News 6

“He's rude, crude and very offensive. I want no part of inflating his already oversized ego”

The flap over controversial radio personality Don Imus' recent racial remarks about Rutgers basketball players isn't the first time the shock jock has touched a nerve among his listeners. via Bangor Daily News

Full Story
yankee162

Lake Park, IA

#1 Apr 14, 2007
Imas insulted Americas Civil Rights instaled Aristocracy, of course he will be punished. All white men live with this threat heanging over their heads, every day.
dick

Keene, NH

#2 Apr 14, 2007
Let's soak him in honey and send him to the hos.
Bud

Keene, NH

#3 Apr 14, 2007
First of all, it needs to be determined if Imus had a contract(s) with CBS/NBC and if so, did he violate it (them)? If so, he should be punished according to the terms of the contract. Disgruntled listeners could then sue CBS/NBC. If there is a contract and it was NOT violated, then he should be given a warning. CBS/NBC must have fired him in hopes of pre-empting a lawsuit against them. What else could have caused such a miraculous, sudden conversion to righteousness by CBS/NBC? If he did not violate any contractual terms, he needs to sue CBS/NBC to clear the air over First Amendment Freedom of Speech issues, which is important for all of us.
Vindicator

West Enfield, ME

#4 Apr 17, 2007
yankee162 lay off the hooked on phonics
Amazed

Bangor, ME

#5 Apr 18, 2007
It was a giant over-reaction caused by our politically correct anal society.
clubnev

Cape Coral, FL

#6 May 2, 2007
MSNBC is a big hypocrit. After watching the NBC news president tour the talk show circuit preaching his morals for firing Imus, less than a week later, he's making the rounds discussing why MSNBC aired the Virginia Tech idiot video.

Morals had nothing to do with it -$$ had everything to do with both decisions. Once the Imus show lost the advertisers, the show became a money loser for MSNBC. Plain and simple. The VT idiot video probably got NBC and MSNBC good ratings.

$$$ talks in the entertainment industry. Nothing else matters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ME Who do you support for Governor in Maine in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 12 Half a Bubble Off 121
The backpack burden: The concern for students' ... Sep 1 Dr Sum Ting Wong DC 1
Young-Rego engagement (Nov '09) Aug '14 dan basnight 2
Penbo Boats (Oct '11) Apr '14 wayne junna 2
Should convicted sex offender Travis White be a... (Apr '08) Apr '14 Jean Gray 4
movig to Bucksport (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jackie 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Bucksport, ME (Mar '12) Feb '14 JON 10
•••
•••
•••

Ellsworth Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Ellsworth People Search