5 people hurt in Ellsworth collision

5 people hurt in Ellsworth collision

There are 1 comment on the Bangor Daily News story from Sep 1, 2006, titled 5 people hurt in Ellsworth collision. In it, Bangor Daily News reports that:

Five people were injured, one seriously, in a head-on collision early Thursday afternoon on the Happytown Road near its intersection with Route 1. Amy Small, 33, of Ellsworth was taken by LifeFlight helicopter ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bangor Daily News.

Daniel Heuberger

Bronx, NY

#1 Sep 5, 2006
to the Editor:

I was the driver of the Subaru. We are all very glad to have walked away with cuts and bruises from the accident which could have easily had ended much worse. I would like to note however, that our 9 year old daughter Claire's collar bone was broken, probably by the force of the seat belt.

Even for an experienced driver from New York City, where people are not known for their great civility or patience at the wheel, I have to admit that I find driving in your state somewhat unerving, especially on the secondary roads, due to the numbers of large vehicles being driven very fast and aggressively. It something that an outsider has trouble reconciling with the area's otherwise low-keyed and laid back culture.

Nevertheless, Maine remains a beautiful place, where we have had some wonderful times. This was our second visit and we look forward to coming back again some day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The backpack burden: The concern for students' ... (Sep '14) Jun 12 Anonymous 4
News Area students win Maine National History Day aw... Apr '16 Inquisitor 2
News This Mainer read a book, quit her job and found... Apr '16 Lucy Ann June 1
News Story of the Legend of Catherine's Hill Along t... (Nov '09) Apr '16 Mayaloves 3
Debate: Marijuana - Blue Hill, ME (Sep '11) Mar '16 Richard 2
News Young man jumps from Penobscot Narrows Bridge; ... (Mar '07) Dec '15 Kourt2015 37
News A survey of Maine artists energizes the Portlan... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Angelica 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellsworth Mortgages