Missing Mental Patient Suspected In N...

Missing Mental Patient Suspected In New Crimes -- Bank Robbery,...

There are 48 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jun 4, 2008, titled Missing Mental Patient Suspected In New Crimes -- Bank Robbery,.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

After bolting from Connecticut Valley Hospital over the weekend, escaped psychiatric patient Roy Sastrom is suspected of burglarizing two houses in Ellsworth, Maine , on Monday, and committing an armed bank ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#42 Jun 6, 2008
doglove wrote:
<quoted text>
But it can always be blamed on liberals - right?
Gee who was the governor prior to Miss Jody? Hmmmm.... must have been a liberal to have caused all this trouble!
You 'conservative wrongs' have had the reigns since 1990, but it's always someone elses fault. The biggest flaw of the republican party is they never admit their errors or screw ups. All they do is scream "LIBERALS" "CLINTON DID IT"
The buck stops nowhere if you are a republican.
Actually it has nothing to do with liberals Cheech. This is purely politics. The Democrats are the ones that reap the benefits by getting support from 99% of state employee unions. You know, the General Assembly. Look at the political make up. To blame the Governor for the voting record of the Democrats is a stupid statement, you strike me as a stupid person. Who votes on spending, on laws. Last time I looked Clinton had little to do with this state. Nope it is just the Democrats, not sure if they are liberal or not.
cool hand luke

East Northport, NY

#43 Jun 6, 2008
when Rowland was in charge, at least crime was down. Now with Rell in office and all of her "soft on crime" commissioners, things are completely out of control and only going to get worse. Just look at how many headlines this year were from prisons where inmates are out of control. Now this?

Since: Jul 07

United States

#44 Jun 6, 2008
Gotta love CT.

At least my agency can't be blamed for this one.

However, the Psychiatric Review Council is located in the same building.

Maybe someone will try to blame my agency after all.

Heads won't roll on this. It isn't serious enough for someone to be fired.
doglove

Seattle, WA

#45 Jun 9, 2008
Middletown Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it has nothing to do with liberals Cheech. This is purely politics. The Democrats are the ones that reap the benefits by getting support from 99% of state employee unions. You know, the General Assembly. Look at the political make up. To blame the Governor for the voting record of the Democrats is a stupid statement, you strike me as a stupid person. Who votes on spending, on laws. Last time I looked Clinton had little to do with this state. Nope it is just the Democrats, not sure if they are liberal or not.
Well, dead eye dick, had you bothered to read the post I was responding to, you might understand why I mentioned liberals. Perhaps had you read the comments on this thread, you might understand why I mentioned liberals.

You strike me as a self aggrandizing loud mouth.

Cheney should be your poster boy for your NRA. Why don't you do that, get his pic on a poster with Harry with his shot up face. That would recruit a lot of new members for you.

Location hidden

#46 Jun 9, 2008
doglove, What in the hell are you talking about flatus breath? I was merely pointing out that only a moron blames the Governor for what a Democratic controlled House does. Where Cheney comes in to this post, I am not sure. But if it makes you feel better I did see him on the grassy knoll, he also was the real captain of the Titanic, he also has an uncanny resemblance to D.B. Cooper and I heard he was driving that car across the bridge in Chappaquiddick, oops sorry that was Teddy and Jack Daniels wasn't it?
shrinknurse

Las Vegas, NV

#47 Jun 16, 2008
It is not the democrats who are responsible for this. You need toeducate yourself.
Jay

United States

#48 Jul 30, 2008
It is very apparent that a "Free Pass" that allows an inmate/patient to leave the grounds must have a GPS tracking device attached to them at all times.
I am an employee at the hospital and although I do not work with this client, I can assure you that NO client has a pass that allows them to leave grounds unsupervised. If their psychiatrist and treatment team feel as if they deserve a one hour per day pass they may walk around on grounds, not off- under any circumstance.

Location hidden

#49 Jul 31, 2008
Jay wrote:
It is very apparent that a "Free Pass" that allows an inmate/patient to leave the grounds must have a GPS tracking device attached to them at all times.
I am an employee at the hospital and although I do not work with this client, I can assure you that NO client has a pass that allows them to leave grounds unsupervised. If their psychiatrist and treatment team feel as if they deserve a one hour per day pass they may walk around on grounds, not off- under any circumstance.
The grounds are not contained, no fences. Pray tell, who assesses those people before they are let out of their building? The same people that let David Peterson out of his unit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Investigators close case in fatal Trenton accident (Jan '09) May '17 Needful Things 5
News Ex-legislator pleads not guilty to defrauding e... Apr '17 Bob 1
News Cory Lewis Openshaw, 30, of Sullivan, Maine, fo... (Sep '07) Mar '17 Mumu 3
Living in Ellsworth, ME (Aug '09) Jul '16 Gone Country 10
News The backpack burden: The concern for students' ... (Sep '14) Jun '16 Anonymous 4
News Area students win Maine National History Day aw... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Inquisitor 1
News Story of the Legend of Catherine's Hill Along t... (Nov '09) Apr '16 Mayaloves 3

Ellsworth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellsworth Mortgages