Best girl's ball players ever to graduate from Ellsinore?

Posted in the Ellsinore Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
old timer

United States

#1 Nov 27, 2008
OK, since we had the discussion about the boys ball players, Im curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the girls. Though I never could get my girls to play, I folowed the teams we had through the years. You Ellsinore historians know that we didnt have basketball for competitive play until the 70's. Our first great teams and players started in the 80s. Lets start there. We have Tracy Bishop, Nancy Crites, the Dalton girls, Angie Bowman, the Hall sisters, on up to Shannon Trotter, Missy Carnahan, Shelly Meyers, Heather Carnahan, Kim White, Briana Reynolds, Kara Philips, Kacie Bradshaw.

The girls lis t isnt quite as hard , most all of these have made all-conference and/or all-district, whereas its a little harder for the boys teams. Everyone add your thoughts! But all I ask is lets keep it nice. This is supposed to be a fun nostalgiac thing. If someone says one you dont agree with, just move on from it and write your own picks.
agree

United States

#2 Nov 27, 2008
I will agree to all of the above, old timer. You hit it dead on, hose would have been my exact choices. And I will add Meshal Roark, and Becky Powell from the 80's.
just a thought

Quitman, AR

#3 Nov 29, 2008
what about the hall girl that married boone brower she was good
old timer

Farmingdale, NY

#4 Nov 30, 2008
Yep you are correct, I mentioned her in my post, I believe her name was Rita and her sister was Jackie, correct?
true

Saint Peters, MO

#5 Dec 4, 2008
Those are all very good ones that have been listed. We haven't had alot of good girls teams from EC. One or two from the 90's and then the team of the 80's that Wayne Copeland coached that almost went to state. In the last 10 years, East Carter hasn't had a player to even get a sniff, and I don't see any on this years teams either. Thought we might have a good freshman class moving up, but it doesn't look to be the case. We need some athletes in the school!
Just wait

Arcanum, OH

#6 Dec 4, 2008
Just wait!! Next years freshman class...The Stout Sisters,Kelen Smith, Courtney Marler combined with this years freshman class. They should have a great team.
annonymous

Springfield, MO

#7 Dec 5, 2008
Tracy Bishop from 83, 84 and 85.
Crowbait

Perryville, AR

#8 Dec 5, 2008
annonymous wrote:
Tracy Bishop from 83, 84 and 85.
Amen. Best girl bball player ever!
old timer

Willimantic, CT

#9 Dec 5, 2008
yes, i mentioned tracy bishop as well, and i do agree she was the all time best.
yes

Ashtabula, OH

#10 Dec 7, 2008
old timer wrote:
Yep you are correct, I mentioned her in my post, I believe her name was Rita and her sister was Jackie, correct?
right, Rita and Darren are still married and living in KY
why

Saint Peters, MO

#11 Dec 10, 2008
yes wrote:
<quoted text>right, Rita and Darren are still married and living in KY
What about all the team players onthe 83-84 . They only had 9 players, and went to state.
true

Jericho, NY

#12 Dec 10, 2008
very true, that whole team was good. best ever from ellsinore.
83-84 ball team

United States

#13 Dec 11, 2008
The 9 players from the 83-84 ball team.

Freshman -Dee Webb

Shom.-Nancy Crites, Tracy Bishiop, Becky Powell,,Virgina "Runt" Raymor

Junior- Not any that I can recall.

Senior- Angie Bowman, Susan Harvell

I know there were more than 7 players two are left off who were they? Can any one look at the bannor at the high school.
84-85 Lady Redbirds

United States

#14 Dec 11, 2008
Freshman- Rita ? Brower, Debbie Dalton, Michelle Webb, Melinda Roark

Soph.- Laura Dalton, Dee Webb

Junior ,Tracy Bishop, Becky Powell, Virgina Raymer, And Nancy Crites.

There should be one other.

Both teams form 83-84 and 84-85 were great. They went to state. And since it wasn't a large team. Every player played.

I reamember the 83-84 team , they had to work there tail off with such a small team.

Since: Nov 08

United States

#15 Dec 11, 2008
I usually don't get in on these things, but I think our team needs to be recognized.'96-99 team, 2 sectional appearances, 1 quarterfinal.
69-11 over that time. We WOULD have won a state title if the board would have got Steve Williams in there a year earlier. And I never got to see Tracy play but she is my cousin and from what I here I would have to agree.
question

Poplar Bluff, MO

#16 Dec 11, 2008
by went to state do you mean the final four or just the state tournament?(concerning the 84 team )
old timer

United States

#17 Dec 11, 2008
question wrote:
by went to state do you mean the final four or just the state tournament?(concerning the 84 team )
no, none of our girls teams have "went to state", or should we say, Final Four. Two times we have been one game away from state, once with the 80's team we have mentioned-they lost to Brentwood out of St Louis, and once in the 90's, mentioned above. Cant remember who beat them that year...help, Kara?
amb

United States

#18 Dec 11, 2008
i graduated in 06 from eadt carter we had a good team that yr.
whatever

Quitman, AR

#19 Dec 31, 2008
Just wait wrote:
Just wait!! Next years freshman class...The Stout Sisters,Kelen Smith, Courtney Marler combined with this years freshman class. They should have a great team.
If the STout sisters don't stay out of trouble then they won't be on the basketball team! They need to grow up and stop getting into trouble!
agree

Moscow Mills, MO

#20 Dec 31, 2008
Yeah...I agree. It don't matter anyway. They aren't gonna have any teams that are any good for a LONG time. They are none very good. All the older ones that have been mentioned are all that will be worthy of mentioning for at least another 5 years or more. Who knows. But our girls and boys teams BOTH totally SUCK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellsinore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do black people make up names for their chi... (Feb '11) 1 hr honeychild Shiqua... 225
wanda and dwight bedwell 1 hr guest 1
sara 2 hr lmmffao 5
rent 2 hr renter 2
Justme 2 hr Justme 3
Ebola in poplar bluff 2 hr Ahhhhh 12
Anyone know Tabitha Pierce??? 2 hr Justcurious 3
Ellsinore Dating
Find my Match

Ellsinore Jobs

Ellsinore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ellsinore News, Events & Info